3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 18
Blue Team Forever.
What if in halo 6 or some future halo Master Chief were to die in some heroic way to save his team and ultimately humanity as a whole? I think this be really cool if done correctly, kinda like how cortana died in halo 4 (even tho she did come back in 5).

Edit: they could do prequels of Chiefs story after the game he dies in. Like with blue team before they got split up, before halo one and maybe even before halo reach.
If chief were to die then Halo would be dead and all they would be able to do is make prequels or make a story about another spartan or a ODST or marine and they have to stick with lore.
If master chief died who will be the main hero in the halo franchise??
Blue Team Forever.
Oly Oly Oxen Free!
Chief is getting old. He's like 54 now or something iirc.

If they did kill him off, I'd expect it to be an epic death.

If they decided to continue the series beyond that, I hope they go a different direction with the story arc. I have no interest in continuing Locke's saga.
omarlotrc wrote:
I honestly would not mind. Don't get me wrong, I love the Master Chief, but if his death is necessary to the plot and is executed properly, then I'm absolutely alright with it.
This. That said, I do want the "Master Chief" to stay in spirit. John should ask a guy to succeed him when he dies. The passing of the torch to a new Master Chief sounds nice...
It would kill the entire franchise
Andycu5 wrote:
He'd go back to the last checkpoint. Duh.
Makes sense.
I will probably stop playing halo.
A spectacular conclusion to the halo series? Lol
Dude...a lot of fans will leave the franchise (including me). There are no Halo without Chief.
They can do what they want with Chief, as long as Exuberant Witness and The Arbiter live on, I'll be satisfied with that
MDelmar27 wrote:
Dude...a lot of fans will leave the franchise (including me). There are no Halo without Chief.
Then your not a Halo fan, and thats all there is to that. Chief isn't Halo and he didn't make Halo, he is simply a character that had a big role in the overall story from which we played as, thats all he is.
Alright picture this (I place this at the end of Halo 6): The UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios have finally reached the Promethean stronghold wherever the hell it is. Their plan is to destroy the Promethean threat and to eliminate Cortana. The Master Chief and Locke are tasked with eliminating Cortana while the rest of Blue Team, Osiris, UNSC Troops, and SOS warriors are fighting on the ground to destroy the Prometheans. The Chief and Locke find out that Cortana is planning to use a Guardian to leave the battle. Chief and Locke determine that they have to follow her through slipspace to take her out. They get a pelican or some kind of ship to follow her but the Chief has a secret plan to use a nuke to destroy the Guardian she's on (don't ask me how he gets the nuke, I'm not a writer). They finally get everything set up but as soon as they're getting on the ship, the Chief kicks Locke out saying, "Only one of us has to do this" or something like that. They argue but Chief doesn't change his mind, Chief talks through comms to say his final words to Blue Team. They talk and the Guardian shows up and takes Cortana. The Chief flies into the slipspace portal to follow her but his ship gets damaged and so does his armor. As he's recovering he realizes that there's no point in keeping his helmet on so he takes it off. He finally reveals his face to US after 16 years. As he's flying through slip space he starts to have flashbacks to important times in his life. When he first met Halsey, when he met blue team as cadets, when he first put on his mark iv armor, fighting the covenant, first meeting Cortana, the fall of reach, blowing up installation 04, and getting lost in space with Cortana. The Guardian with Cortana on board arrive at their destination. Chief says his final words to Cortana and he detonates the nuke. The flashback and his final words to blue team are what I really want so I don't care much about the other stuff. Just as long as it can work with the story
Cortana won't die if that happens, she is an IA
The story would have to continue
I have been speculating about this and making theories for ages, but i dont believe H6 or whatever it will be called will be the end of the Master Chiefs story for good. 343 did confirm that this entire Reclaimer Trilogy had expanded to a saga, so ultimately that means more spinoffs of course but that also makes me wonder, will h6 actually be the end of chief? I dont think so, and like you all did state it would kill off halo in a huuge way! I think 343 could easily make a few more chief games but also Locke spinoffs. That would keep the franchise around longer, and i strongly believe 343 should follow in those footsteps.
He will die in Halo 6 when trying to stop Cortana and she will realise what a monster she has become
I'm impressed about how many people don't want Chief to die. I have two things to say to that people1- the game has to evolve, change, halo is not only the master chief, there's buck, rookie, noble 6, forge, etc. 2- if u really care about Master Chief he is old and he is very injured because of all the battles he has fought. If u guys really love him, u should let him die, in a cool way obviously.
Noble six never died, he evolved into a mega super Spartan that is ready to take the halo franchise to a hole new level of awesomeness.
If chief were to possibly die then the UNSC or the Spartan Program would probably make a clone out of him that won't end up suicidal in a few months or so :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 18