3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 18
Don't. Give. Them. The. Idea.
Chief is the franchise he can't die just like they won't show his face its what's keeps me going.
If they Killed off cheif in a way similar to how forge died in halo wars i think that would be perfect.
If Cheif dies I won't enjoy Halo as much anymore; Cheif is one of the main faces of Halo. Cheif should only go out with a bang on their final Halo game ever...
I don't think I can imagine someone else other than Steve Downes voicing Master Chief, and since he has to retire at some point, Master Chief has to go with him (albeit in a blaze of glory). Also, when Master Chief is gone, it would only make sense that the second coolest character in the Halo universe (Arbiter) be the main character in any post-Master Chief Halo game. I would much prefer Arbiter to any tertiary character brought up throughout the ages.
He may be old but you have to account for cryo sleep.
What if in halo 6 or some future halo Master Chief were to die in some heroic way to save his team and ultimately humanity as a whole? I think this be really cool if done correctly, kinda like how cortana died in halo 4 (even tho she did come back in 5).
As much as I live chief and he is an iconic character for sure. If done correctly I'd be okay with him passing.
Here's the thing, if Chief gones out in a good, emotional, one against a million battle, I will be happy. BUT, if he is killed off, I, along with an extremely high percentage of the population, will be eternally pissed off and will likely never touch another 343 game for the rest of our lives. He needs to have a meaningful ending. The perfect last sentence to a story that's taken over a decade to write. Something that makes us feel like his ending was like his life: a battle against all odds, no way out, back against the wall, with all of humanity's survival on the line. Except this time, maybe he can't win. Maybe there's no clever way out. No Covie ship to steal, no fission reactor to blow up. All he can do is hope. Hope that whatever he does might buy humanity the time it needs. And at the end, as his shields drop and he begins to fall, he finally removes his helmet, giving us a view of his face before the screen fades to black.

And remember, Spartans never die. They're just missing in action.
Ptslayer87 wrote:
I don't think I can imagine someone else other than Steve Downes voicing Master Chief, and since he has to retire at some point,
He already retired. Voice acting is what radio hosts and other celebrities do when they retire
ThatDidact wrote:
To all those -Yoinking!- and moaning and saying that you would stop playing Halo if Chief died - you're not real Halo fans.

The Chief is old. Like, really old. He's spent his entire life in combat, and he's done incredible things for humanity. How is that going to end? Him slinking off into obscurity and twiddling his thumbs, waiting for the cold embrace of death? No. Like Johnson, 117 is going to go out with a bang. It has to happen, and it's the only way to lay his character to rest with respect.

Returning to my original point, while the Master Chief has been the main protagonist throughout the main games and is the face of the franchise, he is not Halo.
Yes he is. What a silly thing to say.

And your original point is a No True Scotsman fallacy. Losing interest in something when it's not even the same thing as it started anymore doesn't mean you're "not a fan". Quite the opposite, in fact.
Tintreg wrote:
I wouldn't play it anymore if he was killed off.
This.

the amount of fans they would lose would be astronomical.... Well what's left of their fan base anyway. Killing the master chief is the same as killing halo. If they plan on making more "halo" games without him then they are truly out of touch with what the people want.
I agree killing master chief would kill halo
Why do 343 wanna kill master chief anyway?
What if in halo 6 or some future halo Master Chief were to die in some heroic way to save his team and ultimately humanity as a whole? I think this be really cool if done correctly, kinda like how cortana died in halo 4 (even tho she did come back in 5).
well if he does die i dont think it will be in halo 6...even if that was the intention originally, i think they were hoping people would like locke alot more then people did...and lets face it...343 doesnt exactly have the best reputation as it is..if they killed chief..especially if locke becomes the main protagonist...i think even alot of the fanboys may start to turn on their master
He may be old but you have to account for cryo sleep.
you know some scientists speculate that we may truly be on the path to immortality by 2029....and yet 550 plus years in the future......chief is considered old...really? master space and time but yeah...genetics man...lol
jmcdo117 wrote:
Holy -Yoink- guys, seriously, enough with the "if the chief dies the halo universe dies". Halo from the start has been an epic space opera that tells a mature story. It's meant to be realistic and serious, but keeping one character around forever and not allowing him to die isn't something halo can do and still retain its nature story telling. Halo is similar to mass effect in the type of story they tell, and like mass effect halo is bigger than one character, even if he's the playable character. Mass Effect Andromeda is coming out next year, and since shepherd died in ME3 it's going to have a new cast of characters, because the ME universe doesn't revolve around Shepard. Halo's story wouldn't die if the MC died, because Halo's story is bigger than the MC.
Mass Effect Andromeda is just a reason to make another game in the formula of mass effect without having to actually have anything to do with Mass Effect. Hence, being in a new galaxy.

And killing your main character and then continuing the story doesn't exactly make a story "mature"

Knowing when to end the story does though.
I'd like to see him retire and move to sunny Cyprus with a pet grunt
MAKROV6 wrote:
Lots of people say that he isn't dead, so he could come back to help take down cortana if that is true
How so? he would have had to kill all the elites that jump him and hold him down. Then hide out from the covenant for like 20 years and then somehow be rescued by the unsc in halo 6. I'm not sure that's plausible
Chief must die. It has been going on for too much.
gethtones wrote:
Ptslayer87 wrote:
I don't think I can imagine someone else other than Steve Downes voicing Master Chief, and since he has to retire at some point,
He already retired. Voice acting is what radio hosts and other celebrities do when they retire
but he has to stop voicing him sometime, is my point.
Drafty XCV wrote:
I'd like to see him retire and move to sunny Cyprus with a pet grunt
nah man you know how the military treats their vets...he wont be able to retire...he will have to find a job as a stripper...just imagine him on a stage in front of a bunch of women dancing with just his helmet and a man thong on...oh dont forget the dollar bills in the g-string
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 18