Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

what if we were fighting insurrectionist

OP legoshi21

hi every one first time making a forum and i was just wondering what people would if we were fighting insurrectionist. for me it would give a little more backstory one why spartan's weren't meant to fight the covies.
i think it would show a little bit more devastation and what war could do to the non-fighters and fighters on both sides.
I've been wanting a dark and gritty UNSC vs Insurrectionist game ever since I first heard them mentioned in the novels.
legoshi21 wrote:
hi every one first time making a forum and i was just wondering what people would if we were fighting insurrectionist. for me it would give a little more backstory one why spartan's weren't meant to fight the covies.
Idk about the title being insurrectionists,however I could see some humans joining the created out of fear
legoshi21 wrote:
Idk about the title being insurrectionists,however I could see some humans joining the created out of fear
I think he meant the actual insurrectionists, who operated before the Covenant war. The Spartan 2s were created to fight them. A game based on this conflict would most likely have nothing to do with the Created, or even the Covenant.
legoshi21 wrote:
I think he meant the actual insurrectionists, who operated before the Covenant war. The Spartan 2s were created to fight them. A game based on this conflict would most likely have nothing to do with the Created, or even the Covenant.
Idk if that time period would be desired by fans for a while game
I wouldn't want a whole game on it, but would love another Hunt the Truth-ish podcast that expands on the human-centered conflict and tensions.
I'd really like that. Just a mission of a Spartan team rolling in and CRUSHING an Innie cell like a hurricane, a storm of brass and shattered bone. Showing just what a Spartan can do against a normal human.
Maybe THAT would once-and-for-all put down all of those Spartan nay-sayers...
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
it'd be nice having an insurrection game. it could work in 343's timeline to. if anything I think I'd prefer it in the 343 timeline because of all the leftovers of war floating around and the unsc trying to get back on its feet, it'd make potential innies and terrorists a much larger threat.
That would make a very interesting game. I think after the guardians are beat and the galaxy is restored to peace they will make a civil war like game similar to the idea you propose.
Then maybe I could stop dying in the campaign....
I wouldn't like it. Does anyone really feel good killing a bunch of grunts? Probably, since they're kind of funny, and they look like weird little turtle gnomes. But now imagine doing the same thing but with humans, and without the humor. After a while I think I would start to feel uncomfortable about the idea of a video game that tasks us with killing people, especially if we're super human and in a 1vs1 battle we're unstoppable.
It's a game that lends very little emphasis to empathy unless it is in the hands of a very good writer and frankly I don't think there are many good writers in the video game industry that can pull this off.

But then again, I play Halo for the story and not the gameplay. I don't like shooting games so I'm probably the wrong person to comment on this.