Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What is your favorite halo trailer?

OP PHD Jellybeans

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My favorite trailer is the ODST trailer. It seems so realistic and challenges for them. I love the combination between specwar and grunts, along with the journey on becoming an ODST. All wrapped nicely in a short video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
It's hard to choose a single one from H3, because all the live action ones from that marketing campaign were amazing. But if I had to choose one, it would be the Hall of Man museum interviews with Covenant War vets. The actors played the characters so well and I could see the pain in their eyes as they remembered the horrors of war. Like the ODST trailer you mentioned, it felt so real.
Mine would probably have to be the believe trailer, a Spartan will rise trailer, the one showing the Battle of Fumirole where Thom-A293 is KIA leaving a spot open in Noble Team for Spartan-B312 to join, or Halo Landfall which shows an ODST team retrieving a package so they can determine the trajectory of where the Master Chief will land after jumping out of the Dreadnought just before Halo 3, shortly after Halo 2
The "Believe" trailer for Halo 3 gives me chills every time I watch it. It's just such a gorgeously made diorama and not to mention it really sells how desperate and hard-fought the war was for humanity. Then having the Chief look into the camera at the very end as if to say "there's still hope." The live-action ODST trailer is a very close second though. The brief glimpse of how brutal the ODST training is plus the sheer terror of seeing the war through the eyes of a person who isn't a spartan super soldier fighting against eight-foot-tall aliens is so well done. It gives you a new kind of respect for all the marines and ODSTs you fought alongside in the other campaigns. Not to mention the music that plays along with it adds such a haunting atmosphere to the whole trailer.
The Reach Bomb Insertion one featuring Noble Six's sacrifice will always be one of my personal favorites.
I hope announcement trailers count, because I've always enjoyed those more than anything else.

Halo 2. Nothing beats the hearing the desperate conversation between orbit and ground as The Last Spartan slowly swells to life, culminating in seeing Earth under siege, massive explosions dotting the surface before Chief launches himself out the airlock before the Halo theme takes over as he falls towards the Covenant cruisers. Sure it's not that much different from the actual scene in the game, but there's something about it that still feels so epic. Maybe it's because Halo was still so new and people were still so excited about Halo and it's rise to the top of the FPS and consoles.

A EXTREMELY close follow up is the ODST announcement trailer. The slow, quiet open as we see New Mombasa from multiple angles, the Covenant Assault Carrier slowly cruising into view, then the sight of the drop pods falling towards the city. The sudden vicious crash of the Rookie's pod and fast forwarding into night and rain as the AI monitors it before the pod's hatch finally pops off and we cut to the Rookie creeping out as the iconic music begins playing. The view of the ruined. rainy NM streets as the Rookie hides from the patrolling Brute squad before creeping out and the street coming to life as the Superintendent begins directly the ODST through the city.

Third is Halo 3's. The slow music led by the piano, the view of the desolate African plain, the cryptic Cortana/Gravemind flashes as Chief slowly walks into view. The swell of the music as it pains over to the huge Covenant force over the Forerunner installation as the music swells and it activates. You had nothing to go on except that the device in front of the Chief could very well BE the Ark given how the lore at that time was focused on there being something very special about Earth and Humanity.

Coming in Fourth would have to be Reach's 'world premiere' trailer. The brooding atmosphere and music, the Falcons overhead, the on-screen appearance of multiple Spartans for the first time in Halo history. All the lore callbacks to the Nylund/Staten novels (which are the best, hands down) as the music swells with the massive explosion that reveals the Covenant cruiser in the clouds.

These announcement trailers were sort, simple, but so incredible with how much actual story they told in the few seconds they had on top of hyping for the game.
halo reach
The Halo 3 Believe trailer
Landfall was great, a nice little action piece that fit in with wider events.

The Locke armour trailer for H5, the frenetic and bombastic action, one of the first true glimpses of awe from seeing a Spartan in action.

I also liked the tone of the H4 Scanned trailer.
1. Believe (Halo 3)
2. Starry night (Halo 3)
3. Deliver Hope (Halo: Reach)
4. Birth of a Spartan (Halo: Reach)
5. Scanned (Halo 4)
6. Deliver Hope (Halo: Reach)
7. We are ODST (Halo 3: ODST)

Basically all the live action trailers.
So many good ones.

But "Deliver Hope - Extended" is still probably my favorite.
Halo 3 ODST trailer (the live action one), the Halo 3 Landfall trailer (also live action), but probably the Halo Wars 2 trailer, mostly because of the soundtrack by White Buffalo. The music combined with the slo-mo combined with the classic art style of Halo was simply amazing.
A difficult question. I'd have to say either the live action ODST one or the Halo reach Deliver hope live action trailer. Those two both gave me goosebumps first time I watched them and got me so hyped for the games before they were released.
  1. Starry Night (Halo 3)
  2. Halo 3 Believe with the gigantic model
  3. We Are ODST
Starry Night, and really all of Halo 3s trailers brought about the freakin height of Halo anticipation. That was such a good time for the franchise!

Starry Night is definitely the best one. It is responsible for the coolest Halo model to exist (except for the Believe trailer model, but that wasn't sold).
Honestly, my favourite trailer would have to be "Deliver hope" from Halo: Reach, something about it just intrigues me
Halo 3's "believe" trailer.
The long cut of all the Halo 3 live action trailers. That's what got me hyped about the Halo movie that never happened because those Halo 3 trailers were damned good.
1. Believe (Halo 3)
2. Starry night (Halo 3)
3. Deliver Hope (Halo: Reach)
4. Birth of a Spartan (Halo: Reach)
5. Scanned (Halo 4)
6. Deliver Hope (Halo: Reach)
7. We are ODST (Halo 3: ODST)

Basically all the live action trailers.
What he said.
Believe is great. Starry night is amazing. Deliver Hope and Birth of a Spartan are well done. Many memorable trailers, including Halo Infinite, but...
I LOVE the E3 2006 Halo 3 reveal trailer. One of the greatest reveal trailers ever.
The original reveal trailer for Halo Reach was my favorite personally. The gritty atomsphere and the rough face of Carter was something that was ruined for me when Halo Reach finally dropped. That is a minor gripe though as for me Carter seemed to clean/green when we were first introduced to the man behind the armor.

Another nice touch on the trailer was most of the Spartans were faceless and I would have liked if it had been kept that way in game. I might have actually cared more about them then even though it might not make any sense as for me the faceless Spartans are always my favorite. The covenant cruiser was also a nice touch and while it may not have made sense in context. Starting the game off with an assault up to the carrier, before boarding and destroying or possibly even commandering would have been like a throwback to Halo CE's mission even though that is what the sniper mission is basically.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2