Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What is your loadout?

OP Gfam Dog

In the Halo universe, different Spartans prefer different weapons, and take different weapons with them on their missions. What weapons does your spartan use? A brief explanation would be nice. Example:

Primary Weapon 1:

Primary Weapon 2:

Seconday Weapon:

(Explanation)
Ohhh these are ALWAYS fun.

Sentinel BR, either suppressed or with Kinetic Bolts
Blaze of Glory
Extended Magazine Magnum

The Sentinel scope gives the BR the range it needs to really do some solid work, but doesnt compromise on close range either. It lets you reach out and touch someone or hold a middle range ground. And we know the 9.5mm does solid work, despite the nerfs in-game.
The Blaze is...well. When you need close quarters work accept absolutely no substitute (and I headcanon the prototype that Argent Moon worked on was based on something my Spartan created on Requiem after his shotgun was stepped on by a Knight) so.

And of course, the Magnum. You cant really adjust perfection. Only thing to make it better? Give it more ammo.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
MA5C ICWS.

“The MA5C is the workhorse for us ground-pounders. Just holding it makes you feel like God’s own anti-son-of-a--Yoink--machine.”
— Anonymous E2-BAG/1/7 serviceman.

Workhorse. Reliable. Good at medium and short range. Accurate in burst, and an effective suppression weapon at close range.

M45E Tactical Shotgun
"No quote available" - NA

When things go sideways, nothing is better at close range than a shotgun. Loud, powerful, heavy hitting.

M6G Magnum
"The M6 has been in service for about a hundred and forty years… it's amazing to think how little it has changed in all that time.”
— Anonymous UNSC serviceman.

As a last stand weapon, reliability and high destructive potential are unmatched.
I've already posted a response, but put together a more robust answer.

Primary Weapon Nomenclature: MA5B Individual Combat Weapon System

Primary Weapon Specifications
Manufacturer: Misriah Armory
Model: MA5B
Type: Assault Rifle
Size: Length: 97.5 cm (3 ft 3 in), Height: 27.5 cm (11 in)
Magazine Size: 60 Rounds
Maximum Ammunition Carry Capacity: 660 (11 Magazines)
Fire Mode: Automatic
Ammunition Type: 7.62mm Full Metal Jacket
Operation: Gas-Operated, Rotating Bolt
Rate of Fire: 900 Rounds/min
Range: 300m

Secondary Weapon Nomenclature: M45E Tactical Shotgun

Secondary Weapon Specifications
Model: M45
Type: Tactical Shotgun
Size: Length: 112.9 cm (44.4 in), Width: 11.2 cm (4.4 in), Height: 24.3 cm (9.6 in)
Magazine Size: 6 Rounds
Maximum Ammunition Carry Capacity: 30 Rounds
Fire Mode: Semi-Automatic
Ammunition Type: M296 SC 8 Gauge Magnum
Operation: Pump-Action
Rate of Fire: 54 Rounds/min
Range: Danger CloseSidearm Nomenclature: M6G Personal Defense Weapon System

Sidearm Weapon Specifications
Model: M6G
Type: Magnum Pistol
Size: Length (o/a): 26.70 cm (10.5 in), (barrel): 11.7 cm (4.6 in); Weight (empty): 2.7 kg (5.95 lb), (loaded): 2.95 kg (6.5 lb)
Magazine Size: 8 Rounds
Maximum Ammunition Carry Capacity: 40 Rounds (5 Magazines)
Fire Mode: Semi-Automatic
Ammunition Type: 12.7mm × 40mm M225 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Explosive Rounds
Operation: Short Recoil
Rate of Fire: 233 Rounds/min
Range: 50m

Explosive Nomenclature: M9 High-Explosive Dual-Purpose Grenade

Explosive Weapon Specifications
Model: M9
Type: Grenade
Size: Diameter: 14.8 cm (5.8 in), Weight: .4 kg (.875 lbs)
Maximum Ammunition Carry Capacity: 2 Grenades
Fire Mode: Manual
Ammunition Type: Fragmentation Shrapnel, Filler: 19 kg of ComL High Explosive
Range: Variable
Damage Radius: Lethal Radius: 4.8m (16 ft), Casualty Radius: 14.75m (49 ft)

Notes: S-A511 exhibits above average proficiency in CQC utilizing KA-BAR Combat Knife.
Props to the above posts who went into incredible detail on their choices. Can't say I'll live up to that lol

Primary 1: Halo 2 BR
Primary 2: CE Shotgun
Secondary: Pistol (no preference on which game it comes from)

I've always loved the BR because it's a decent mid to long range weapon that can be used in close quarters in a pinch. It's kind of a jack-of-all-trades precision weapon. The CE shotgun carried the most shells and is an excellent CQB weapon. Just about any pistol is a good back up weapon to provide you with cover when you're in a tight spot.
Primary Weapon 1: Plasma Pistole
Primary Weapon 2: Needler
Seconday Weapon: Needler rifle

Plasma pistole: disable the enemy shield and their vehicule
>Efficient against ground vehicules and any enemy shields. Ammunition easy to find

Needler: Follow the target and deal important amount of damages when exploding
>Efficent against brutes and elites. Ammunition easy to find

Needler Rifle: Weapon possessing a large amount of ammunition and having an interresting range. Deal explosive damages
>Efficient against grunts, jackals, brutes, drones and unarmored units
primary shotgun
primary sentinal dmr
secondary tactical magnum or gunfighter magnum
Primary 1: M7S Submachine Gun
Primary 2: M395B Designated Marksman Rifle
Secondary: M6S Magnum
"The M6 is either the world's biggest pistol or the world's smallest rifle -- I'm not sure which." - Unknown
Lots of balanced weapon choices here. I figured we'd see more people running around with lasers and rocket launchers and stuff like a Super Fiesta game.
(Insert Thanos gif here)
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Primary 1: M12G1 LAAV
Nothin beats a good 'hog in the right hands

Primary 2: SRS99 preferably the SRS99-AM however any will do
When a 'hog is unavailable better to keep the enemy close enough to shoot but far enough to see nothing

Secondary: Whatever I can get a hold of
Primary 1: Covenant Carbine
Primary 2: Plasma Launcher
Secondary: Plasma Rifle
Explanation: stop calling me a Spartan, I'm an Elite :(
Primary: BR - a tricked out super fancy one, extended range, stabilisers and kinetic bolts, energy bayonet; good all rounder.
Secondary: The Answer, so I can be a Spesh Mawhreen and purge the xenos with purifying, explosive bolts of salvation; and for when you really must kill every mother -Yoink- in the room.
Tertiary: Hmm, choices, choices. I want to be able to make vehicles and big things dead soooo, Rail gun, one of the multi shot ones, I don't want to be carrying around too many large and cumbersome weapons.

I know its only 3 options but I'm an SII dangit, I also acquire two CE pistols, one to hug when I take a nap, the other to make filthy xenos and Innie sympathisers take a dirt nap. Also i'm having a Reach healing Bubble Shield, and a H4 Combat Drone, I will name him Vernon and we will merrily slaughter foul xenos scum, thus making the galaxy safer for Humanity.
Primary 1-BR85N with Extended mags and Kinetic bolts
Primary 2-The Answer
Secondary-M6D magnum
Given that my Spartan wears operator helmet and wraith armour, this will be the loadout;

Primary: A H2 BR or DMR, heavily modified.

1. Sights will be a halo version of Reflex sights. With the scope being a mix of the sentinel and COG scope, with the forward recon sight being a mix of the standard red dot sight with a FoF threat marker. Detachable suppressors.
  2. 3 dot, flash strobe laser targeters. The strobe effect for when engaging in CQB actions, the steady laser for ranged action or target designation.
  3. An UGL firing a 30mm smart munition (synced to Mjilnor), can be programmed to air burst, standard contact explosion or be a shaped penetrator in a 3 round rack.
  4. DMR has stabilisation jets. The H2 BR has an extended magazine
Primary 2; Mission dependant to be honest.

Secondary; Tactical magnum with an extended magazine.

Melee; Given the armour, it's a kuriki or a karimbit for personal work
Primary:
Halo Reach Dmr

Primary 2:
Any Plasma Pistol

Secondary:
Halo 3 Smg

I chose the Dmr because I find it a very good mid-long range weapon, The Plasma Pistol because it’s extremely effective for draining shields fast and fun to use and the Halo 3 SMG because of it’s small size (not taking much space of the screen) and fast fire rate for more close quarters situations.
Primary 1: BR55 Battle Rifle
Primary 2: M45E Tactical Shotgun
Secondary: M6 Suppressed Magnum

BR: Loud, longe ranged.
Shotgun: Up close and personal, the way I like it.
Magnum: Silent, but deadly.
Gfam Dog wrote:
In the Halo universe, different Spartans prefer different weapons, and take different weapons with them on their missions. What weapons does your spartan use? A brief explanation would be nice. Example:

Primary Weapon 1:

Primary Weapon 2:

Secondary Weapon:

(Explanation)
Primary 1: Halo 2 BR55
Primary 2: M90 Shotgun
Secondary: M6D Magnum (Halo: CE Pistol)

For Primary 1 I chose the H2 BR because of it's reliability, and it being a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of gun. Since I have the BR for mid range, and the mini sniper that is the M6D, I thought to myself that the shotgun would fill the hole that would be close range combat nicely. Speaking of the M6D...
It can drop a Spartan with 3 shots to the head.
No further explanation needed.
Primary 1: Halo CE magnum, because it’s perfect.
Primary 2: spanker rocket launcher, because it’s perfect.

no side arm because ^^^
Primary Weapon 1: Any precision rifle
Primary Weapon 2: Any firearm
Side arm: Plasma pistol

Explanation: I can make do with anything as long as you give me a plasma pistol and a precision rifle or any other firearm... Everyone knows why. Its not necessarily an original concept but it is an effective one.
primary Weapon - DMR
Secondary Weapon - Shotgun
Grenade - Plasma grenade

Explanation - first love these guns and tend to be quite good with my aim so DMR is a headshot machine, for reference halo reach is the main for this weapon set, DMR is for medium/long range and the shotgun is for short and close range, making sure if any more come close you have an instant counter then if all fail sticks grenade then boom gose your problem 25% chance to enemy run and blow you up too XD