Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What kind of music?

OP GoldOwllover

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What kind of music does your Spartan like to listen to? It can be anything from on a daily bases to what they listen to in their helmets behind the regulators backs
Joy Division, Nine Inch Nails and the Devil Makes Three.
Electro-house, the kind of music you'd hear in some "epic video game compilation" from a Youtube gaming channel. TheFatRat, Tobu, Alan Walker, Lensko, etc. There's something satisfying when you're rocking out to an epic beat - usually devoid of any vocals - while on a roll.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Electro-house, the kind of music you'd hear in some "epic video game compilation" from a Youtube gaming channel. TheFatRat, Tobu, Alan Walker, Lensko, etc. There's something satisfying when you're rocking out to an epic beat - usually devoid of any vocals - while on a roll.
Nice, I personally like Alan Walker, with some Kygo too
He likes to listen to This.
And metal.
He likes to listen to This.And metal.
That’s cool, and everyone has their own likings, I personally can’t do metal because my ears hurt.
My Sangheili (SERIOUSLY, Infinity, give the poor lady some armor that fits her less awkwardly, please!) has been attempting to find good music that she would listen to in the heat of battle for years now. She's tried many genres and decades of human musical entertainment, from metal, to gospel, to classical and even oddities like electro swing, but nothing truly strikes her fancy other than one or two songs for a respective genre. I guess the best answer is "whatever the heck she wants!".

Maybe she's just picky. But she intensely dislikes rap and country, so... I guess she kinda narrowed it down? xD
My Sangheili (SERIOUSLY, Infinity, give the poor lady some armor that fits her less awkwardly, please!) has been attempting to find good music that she would listen to in the heat of battle for years now. She's tried many genres and decades of human musical entertainment, from metal, to gospel, to classical and even oddities like electro swing, but nothing truly strikes her fancy other than one or two songs for a respective genre. I guess the best answer is "whatever the heck she wants!".

Maybe she's just picky. But she intensely dislikes rap and country, so... I guess she kinda narrowed it down? xD
Yea, I can’t do rap either, and some country songs are ok, but there are some that should never see the light of day. I can see how classical can be interesting on a battlefield, since most classicals are for peace and serenity. Like listening to Mozart while gunning down enemy Spartans with a chain gun. Or Beethoven’s 5th while looming over a hill with a tank.
I personally do a lot of electrical music like Kygo, but everyone has their preferences. Just do what makes you happy, or just make you wanna do better, like the Final Countdown, or Eye of the Tiger

Yea, I can’t do rap either, and some country songs are ok, but there are some that should never see the light of day. I can see how classical can be interesting on a battlefield, since most classicals are for peace and serenity. Like listening to Mozart while gunning down enemy Spartans with a chain gun. Or Beethoven’s 5th while looming over a hill with a tank.
I personally do a lot of electrical music like Kygo, but everyone has their preferences. Just do what makes you happy, or just make you wanna do better, like the Final Countdown, or Eye of the Tiger
Not gonna lie, I often am humming "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" or "In the Hall of the Mountain King" to myself whenever I get a Prophets' Bane in Super Fiesta.

I'll agree on some country music needing to just sit in the corner of shame though. I'd like the genre much more if I found more interesting stuff that is NOT Cash (I respect the man, but I can't listen to one artist forever!) and is more than just whiny hookup/breakup songs.

Not gonna lie, I often am humming "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" or "In the Hall of the Mountain King" to myself whenever I get a Prophets' Bane in Super Fiesta.

I'll agree on some country music needing to just sit in the corner of shame though. I'd like the genre much more if I found more interesting stuff that is NOT Cash (I respect the man, but I can't listen to one artist forever!) and is more than just whiny hookup/breakup songs.
Ah yes, In the Hall of the Mountain, a classic up-to-no-good theme that often leads to a good laugh, or horrible wipe out, lol
well, when he's riding into battle in a warthog or any other vehicle, he plays this really loud. any other time, he listens to stuff like this.
Maddock82 wrote:
well, when he's riding into battle in a warthog or any other vehicle, he plays this really loud. any other time, he listens to stuff like this.
Uh, interesting choices in music, have to admit not really my thing though, but that's just me. Be unique, like what you like
Heavy metal, as he mows down covies
Maddock82 wrote:
I love your taste in 'Hog-driving classics.
Maddock82 wrote:
thanks. not many people have respect for the classics
Djent, electro-industrial and WW2-themed stuff usually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lshaX_sOziI
Maddock82 wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
I mean Sgt Johnson respected the classics, right up to his death. He even made the marines listen to it while on a suicide mission on the first Halo ring
Maddock82 wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
I mean Sgt Johnson respected the classics, right up to his death. He even made the marines listen to it while on a suicide mission on the first Halo ring
"Hey... if the Covenant wanna wipe out this particular part of my history, that's fine by me." -Pvt. Mendoza
Seems flip music is an acquired taste. There was also Corporal Locklear in First Strike.
"
Just shoot me now, Sarge, don't torture me with that crap first."
"Suck it up, Marine. This is a classic."
"So's a mercy killing."
Maddock82 wrote:
Maddock82 wrote:
"Hey... if the Covenant wanna wipe out this particular part of my history, that's fine by me." -Pvt. Mendoza
Seems flip music is an acquired taste. There was also Corporal Locklear in First Strike.
"
Just shoot me now, Sarge, don't torture me with that crap first."
"Suck it up, Marine. This is a classic."
"So's a mercy killing."
Dang, the nostalgia in those lines is making me wanna play the first game again
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2