Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What lore would you like 343 to expand on?

OP Ado Ulamee

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
We have been given lots of details on various things on the halo universe, yet many others are still a mystery. What would you choose for 343 to pull the curtain back on next if given the chance?
Oh so many things...
  • The Rain Forest Wars
  • Admiral Preston Cole's possible survival
  • Ancient humanity (their alliance with the ancient San Shyuum as a bonus)
  • The war between the stoic and reformist San Shayuum
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • The formation of ONI and how it became such a massive organization (Parangosky's backstory would work well here)
  • Colonel Watts' backstory
  • How the Librarian and the Didact met
  • The Precursor-Forerunner War and how that led to the creation of the Flood
  • The Ussan Sangheili and how they integrated into modern Sangheili society
I'm sure I will think of plenty more, but these are off the top of my head.
A novel or short story that focuses on the Silent Shadow as they attempt to hunt down a Spartan would be great.
More on Jiralhanae culture, please! They're the only Covenant species with clearly defined genders that we have yet to meet a female character for, and I am curious as to their roles in their society!
I’d love a book written from the perspective of a Spartan that takes the reader through every minute of wearing his/her armor for an entire work day. It would go into every single detail like how the visor compensates for crap on it after sneezing on it.

Also, I’d love one written from the perspective of a scientist and/or engineer that discusses Forerunner, human, and/or Covenant tech in great detail. So, there’d be some heavy sci-fi engineering discussion in it.

I don’t think there is any material like that above out right now. But please correct me if there is so I can go have a look.
More on Jiralhanae culture, please! They're the only Covenant species with clearly defined genders that we have yet to meet a female character for, and I am curious as to their roles in their society!
True, think the closest we have for the females is just taking care of cubs. I would imagine other roles they have would reflect what women had in Germanic tribes.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
True, think the closest we have for the females is just taking care of cubs. I would imagine other roles they have would reflect what women had in Germanic tribes.
If it turns out there's a rarely-happening-but-existing thing like shield maidens for Jiralhanae, I will be nodding so hard in approval.
I would like for 343 to expand on New Mombasan citizens trying to rebuild their city but ONI not letting them because of the giant Forerunner artifact sitting there.

Or maybe where did Guilty Spark go? Like, I need to know where my favourite Monitor of Installation 04 be at. Please, 343, bring him back, don't let his storyline go nowhere.
Significant technical information about the M808 and M820 Scorpions would be cool. Like types of ammo, performance stats, and more lore, Like a "Get Inside" for the Scorpion. Like what generation of tank is the m808 and m820 Scorpions?

Spoiler: I wrote alot of stuff that I want answered:
Spoiler:
Show
I want stuff on the Scorpion. A novel too with a crew in an armored battle between something. hell I'd take a short story like Halo: Evolutions
They're not really doing a good job at creating or explaining the current lore, so none.
They're not really doing a good job at creating or explaining the current lore, so none.
How so? Under Bungie we didn't know the as much as we now. We have the forerunner novels, the book Broken Circle talking on the early days of the Covenant's existence, the Warfleet book, Halo: Mythos, Halo:Fractures. When it comes to expanded lore would say we are doing better with 343 over Bungie.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
How so? Under Bungie we didn't know the as much as we now. We have the forerunner novels, the book Broken Circle talking on the early days of the Covenant's existence, the Warfleet book, Halo: Mythos, Halo:Fractures. When it comes to expanded lore would say we are doing better with 343 over Bungie.
Yeah... I actually find 343's expanded lore to be some of the best content for the entire series. Broken Circle, Hunters in the Dark, Retribution, just to name a few fantastic books that I had a hard time putting down. And the great thing about it is how (except for Halo 5), you can pretty much ignore a large portion of the expanded lore and still understand and enjoy the games, which makes the series accessible to more casual fans.
The Prometheans themselves. Here and there they've touched on the idea: the most poignant example being the Knight at the end of Halo 5, the one that seems clearly distressed.
Personally I would like to see more on the brutes. Or any of the factions aside from elites would be pretty cool too.
On Halo Nightfall....How and why Spartan Randall able to leave the spartan program? Why did the Coventant attack that colony and which Coventant did it?
The Meddlers. Let me explain,
Spoiler:
Show
A novel or short story that focuses on the Silent Shadow as they attempt to hunt down a Spartan would be great.
To expand on what you said it would be nice if they also gave more info on their counter parts, the UNSC Headhunters. In particular the operatives that survived the Human-Covenant and now serve after the reorganisation of the Headhunter program.
Spoiler:
Show
I knew you watched HiddenXperia from bringing them up. I 100% agree with this too. It’s been bastly unexplored with very little references to their existnece. 343i should take a chnace to capitalise on this and make this in however they want as Bungie hasn’t explored the behaviour and mannerisms of the meddlers even though they are most likely several different species at each time they appear. You also forgot the part with the unknown ship crashing on Installation-04.
If I were to choose a topic, I’d like new lore on Spartan-IIIs (in particular Mjolnir-clad S-IIIs like Kevin and Owen).

I want to know what happened to Gauntlet, Red and Echo Teams that we hear about after the mission New Alexandria. We know from a canon fodder article that Gauntlet, Red and Echo teams are all S-III Mjolnir-clad teams, not to confuse the Spartan III Red Team with the Spartan II Red Team that we hear of in Halo: The Fall of Reach.

If we don’t get new lore on Spartan-IIIs (besides what we see from Halo: Battle Born) then give us some new lore on ODSTs, particularly after the war as we know they are still active but that there numbers are significantly reduced due to the Spartan-IV programme. We know that the programme extends an invitation to exceptional performing UNSC personnel such as personnel from the ODSTs of the Marine Corps.
Spoiler:
Show
I knew you watched HiddenXperia from bringing them up. I 100% agree with this too. It’s been bastly unexplored with very little references to their existnece. 343i should take a chnace to capitalise on this and make this in however they want as Bungie hasn’t explored the behaviour and mannerisms of the meddlers even though they are most likely several different species at each time they appear. You also forgot the part with the unknown ship crashing on Installation-04.
I didn’t really forget them, just didn’t want to blow the minds of people who don’t know. I’d really like some lore on the Spartan III’s as well. Maybe even a little bit of a reveal on Noble Six.(Am I reviving a dead thread?)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4