Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What lore would you like 343 to expand on?

OP Ado Ulamee

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Ado Ulamee wrote:
We have been given lots of details on various things on the halo universe, yet many others are still a mystery. What would you choose for 343 to pull the curtain back on next if given the chance?
- A Galactic Map similar to what they have in Star Wars or 40k with the major locations and planets noted. Possibly with some time stamps showing the borders of the UNSC and Covenant at important milestones. So pre war, reach and the start of Halo 4; maybe Infinite if you want a blue blob on the map. A picture is worth a thousand words.

- Would like to know more about what’s occurring with Cortana and friends post Halo 5. Is this basically the ultimate Rogue Servitor playthrough on Stellaris? She in it for the Unity? That’s probably going to get parcelled out over next few years.

- How do humans view the Librarians reclaimer plan? I don’t think this has ever been stated beyond a kind of general awe in Halo 4. Are they onboard, manifest destiny, are they ignorant of this, do they object to the idea?

- Is the Covenant religion practiced by any humans? What does the Covenant faith actually entail?

- What happened to the Prophets?

- How strong are the Banished in the wider galaxy? Do they hold fixed territory or are they marauders?

- Why is Atriox on the Ark? How did he get there? How did he know to go at that exact instant? How did Cutter get there? Why was Cutter sent there?
I'd like some lore that addresses and hopefully reintroduces these groups of Spartans back into the story.
-Gray team
-Gamma company
-Team Omega

Also Locke's history and exploits as an ONI assassin would be good.I think it would help build his character.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
They're not really doing a good job at creating or explaining the current lore, so none.
How so? Under Bungie we didn't know the as much as we now. We have the forerunner novels, the book Broken Circle talking on the early days of the Covenant's existence, the Warfleet book, Halo: Mythos, Halo:Fractures. When it comes to expanded lore would say we are doing better with 343 over Bungie.
Politics? What politics? Just because there are lot more female leads does not mean 343 is full on SJW
It's not about more female leads or characters, but Karen Travis has a record of inserting her own personal politics into the books she writes with little regard as to how it works with canon. She did it with Star Wars as well.
Wow, thanks for putting my thoughts into words. I really have a tough time explaining stuff but you did well. But I would not call Halsey Hitler. Halsey genuinely believed she was doing the right thing and in a twisted way, she was. Hitler was not doing the right thing. The only thing against Halsey is her pride. She is always shouting from the rooftops that she is a genius (which she is) but almost never admits that sometimes she screwed up. I mean, very few people can kidnap a Spartan-II in the middle of a war and not immediately be executed by Parangosky.
Thanks! And yes I fully realize that Halsey is nothing compared to Hitler. I was just making the point that she was an awful person and that people have been compared to Hitler for far less. Excellent point about pride. I've wanted to smack her in the face a half dozen times and shake her until she snaps out of her self-glorification.
Yes, please. That would be so cool. I imagine highly trained operatives with advanced tech trudging through the Amazon to locate rebels. It could be reminiscent of the opening to Halo 3, and could draw on literature about the Veitnam and Korean wars. Brutal, morally ambiguous, with operators and spooks at odds with one another, with some political intrigue that leads to the rise of the UNSC. That'd be super cool. I'd only worry that the writers would try to hard to connect it to the current state of the universe by writing some stuff like "and this is Captain Keyes' great grandpa's roomate!" or something equally ridiculous instead of just writing some new characters.
I could totally see someone adding in some super random connections to the 2550s-2560s era story lines... and I too do not want anything like that. It doesn't hurt to create entirely new characters that have little to no connection to the current story. You could have an entire section of Halo books focusing on something entirely unrelated to the mainline games, thereby potentially making room for new games surrounding that era.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
The Janus Key.

I’m talking about in a game specifically. I know the Janus Key was in Halo: Escalation, but if utilized properly in Halo Infinite it could be a great tool for finding a solution to Cortana. But it has to be done right.

I’m just not a big fan of things introduced in the games being wrapped up in books/comics. I recognize they happen in the story, but also find it anticlimactic.
That one could have really gone somewhere. A pity they simply had it literally vanish from the plot along with Halsey outsmarting a contender-class ancilla.
Yes, very disapointed with that storyline.
Indeed, though another thing I would like to see from 343 would be giving details on the origin of the relic recovery armor the heretics wear in halo 2. That or perhaps reveal how large the Covenant empire was. We know the humans had 800, the forerunner 3,000,000 yet the Covenant don't get a definite concrete number outside of "High Charity gets tribute from 1000 worlds." Those all the Covenant worlds? Only the ones that need to give tribute? Are some of them not even Covenant?
Humanity had 800 world's before the Covenant started attacking us? Wow
Bananas right? And humanity was considered small potatoes compared to the Covenant, by numbers and technology. Would be cool to get some details on the Covenant Fringe species too along with the number of worlds under Covenant control during the war.

There are supposedly several species that were encountered by the Covenant, but weren't considered vital military or strategic species. Therefore, they were relegated to the fringe and are only loosely associated with the Covenant in trade or specialized non-military roles. The Yonhet, for instance, were gifted relic hunters, but were so few in number that their military benefits were too small for the Covenant to care about fully integrating them. The Kig-Yar, on the other hand, were gifted relic hunters as well as fantastic scouts and sharpshooters. So they were fully integrated with the Covenant military.
My top picks would be;

1. About the crew of a UNSC ship during the war
  2. The pre war UNSC or covenant story about a SF unit like the ODST or the sangheili contemporary exploits against insurgents.
  3. A post war, cold war esque story similar to kilo 5, minus the Halsey bashing
Jul 'Mdama's Covenant
My picks would be:

• Ships. I want pictures and more lore and stories involving both UNSC and Covenant ships we have not seen, only been told about in novels.

UNSC fighters: Skyhawk, Baselard, Crow, Owl, and Stork

UNSC ships: Diligence, Hillsborough, Vindication, and Prowler classes in general

Covenant fighters: Gigas fighter-bomber, Shroud, Blisterback

Covenant ships: Stealth Ship, Kig-Yar Raider, Super-Destroyer, CAR-class Frigate, Battleship, and Warship.
  • Spartans. I wanna know who all the Spartan-II/III personnel were in Beta-Red, Delta-Red, and Red, Echo and Gauntlet teams.
I'd enjoy more exploration of Forerunner life styles, and ship functions. Greg Bear left a lot of opportunities for this out in the open, but 343i hasn't done much with it yet. This is grating for me particularly since his expansion on the Forerunners was probably the most gripping story for me in the Halo universe. Each time I read those novels I just find myself far more interested in the Forerunner's history than anything currently going on in the Created conflict, or even the Covenant war for that matter.
The Flood mostly. I am that creepy guy who wants to read about Flood...

Also Hunters because they are mysterious.
And Grunts because, well, GRUNTS!!
The Flood mostly. I am that creepy guy who wants to read about Flood...

Also Hunters because they are mysterious.
And Grunts because, well, GRUNTS!!
Wold ne interesting to see some of the lekgolo's culture. Even the Covenant considered them quite alien
I'd like some lore that addresses and hopefully reintroduces these groups of Spartans back into the story.
-Gray team
-Gamma company
-Team Omega

Also Locke's history and exploits as an ONI assassin would be good.I think it would help build his character.
As far as Locke goes, we only have a movie, game and one book "Halo: Bad Blood" that he makes an appearance it. I to favor seeing more on him.
Ancient Humanity. In particular the part that left the ship adrift that ONI later discovered. What exactly happened to the crew? Are hey in Cryo waiting to be reawakened to help save the universe or were they forced off as an evacuation? Or was the ship actually never finished and abandoned? I think we need to learn more about the ship.
Quote:
Site Yankee-002-G3 is the Office of Naval Intelligence's designation for the discovery location of a derelict archeohominina vessel. The Xeno-Materials Exploitation Group examined the artifact and filed report 15Y1198, which detailed the ship's design contours and its tactical capabilities. The report recommended that further analysis of the ship should be immediately assigned to Project ARC DREAM and noted that investigation of its weaponry was already underway by a team on AZURE MOON.
Interplanetary War / Rainforest Wars / Mars Campaign, etc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4