Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What other augmentations ODST get from the Orion?

OP ThreeCypress929

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
We know that ODST is augmented:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3-ZYZhFYGjM/WlRJAd6PBUI/AAAAAAAAHXw/mXrDHYVLnHUlvrgYldHrg-YU3LtskKKBwCHMYCw/s0/RCO105.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-to04vRvpVSU/WlRJBZTQq5I/AAAAAAAAHX4/wSLjg8KhxFczwdoBAw9kr3yZDiw1RGVlgCHMYCw/s0/RCO107.jpg
CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
"The Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) and various non-augmented special forces units remain active as of 2558. User Grizzlei's analysis of the their role and operational niche is accurate."
And halo reach datapad 11:
Quote:
its a11 just math to them not with numbers but with symbols that change when you look at them because they want them to…
<< 2526 >>
>> A concession from the Majority to the Minority
Keeping the SPARTANS focused on maintaining and/or reestablishing infrastructure is no longer prudent. The ODST, although based on the ORION model, should prove to be an adequate replacement. >>
>> Although, by necessity, this redistribution of resources must be gradual, it is now the Majority opinion that redistribution is essential.
SPARTANS represent a quantifiable concentration of coherence, and to this end they must be applied to the current difficulty as a fulcrum. >>
<< A concession from the Minority to the Majority
Now, at last, the time has come for this Assembly to involve itself in the metaphysical. <<
Ilovebees say:
Quote:
James J: Nobody's like Gladys (giggles) When they canceled the program they split us up.
Jan: Us...?
James J: Spartans. Spartan 1 point 0.
Jan: (sarcastic) Sure, dad. You were an 'elite commando' with 'metal bones' and a flamethrower attachment that the marines dropped in when the tac-nukes weren't enough.
Of course the bones help to survive a brute strike or landing from orbit, but is that all? Doesn’t something like this apply to ODST that, while not enhancing their skills to a superhuman level, allows you to achieve it?:

Quote:
'Stupid Cop': Too late, Jan. Sometime when you were a baby, somebody stuck you with a needle and shot you full of miracles. Smart, fast, strong, never get sick, never get drunk, don't need much sleep...
It would also explain Romero's stamina and fate. I mean, these augmentations should not always be visible, but they can save lives.

Again we have the following information (halopedia):

Quote:
Experimentation on the enhancement of the human body and mind has been a known concept since the 20th century. As medical technology and scientists' understanding of human biology continued to improve, human augmentation started to become a reality. The first human bioengineering protocols were implemented when humanity began to colonize their home system. Due to the baseline human body's ill-suitability for long-duration spaceflight and different planetary gravity conditions, the space explorers and colonists were given biochemical enhancements to enable their bodies to adjust to these challenges.[5]
This question worries many players, and therefore I ask the halo moderator to give me a halo to answer, so that my roll of text is not in vain.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3-ZYZhFYGjM/WlRJAd6PBUI/AAAAAAAAHXw/mXrDHYVLnHUlvrgYldHrg-YU3LtskKKBwCHMYCw/s0/RCO105.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-to04vRvpVSU/WlRJBZTQq5I/AAAAAAAAHX4/wSLjg8KhxFczwdoBAw9kr3yZDiw1RGVlgCHMYCw/s0/RCO107.jpg
CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
"The Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) and various non-augmented special forces units remain active as of 2558. User Grizzlei's analysis of the their role and operational niche is accurate."
Quote:
its a11 just math to them not with numbers but with symbols that change when you look at them because they want them to…
<< 2526 >>
Keeping the SPARTANS focused on maintaining and/or reestablishing infrastructure is no longer prudent. The ODST, although based on the ORION model, should prove to be an adequate replacement. >>
>> Although, by necessity, this redistribution of resources must be gradual, it is now the Majority opinion that redistribution is essential.
SPARTANS represent a quantifiable concentration of coherence, and to this end they must be applied to the current difficulty as a fulcrum. >>
Now, at last, the time has come for this Assembly to involve itself in the metaphysical. <<
Ilovebees say:
Quote:
James J: Nobody's like Gladys (giggles) When they canceled the program they split us up.
Jan: (sarcastic) Sure, dad. You were an 'elite commando' with 'metal bones' and a flamethrower attachment that the marines dropped in when the tac-nukes weren't enough.
Of course the bones help to survive a brute strike or landing from orbit, but is that all? Doesn’t something like this apply to ODST that, while not enhancing their skills to a superhuman level, allows you to achieve it?:

Quote:
'Stupid Cop': Too late, Jan. Sometime when you were a baby, somebody stuck you with a needle and shot you full of miracles. Smart, fast, strong, never get sick, never get drunk, don't need much sleep...
It would also explain Romero's stamina and fate. I mean, these augmentations should not always be visible, but they can save lives.

Quote:
Experimentation on the enhancement of the human body and mind has been a known concept since the 20th century. As medical technology and scientists' understanding of human biology continued to improve, human augmentation started to become a reality. The first human bioengineering protocols were implemented when humanity began to colonize their home system. Due to the baseline human body's ill-suitability for long-duration spaceflight and different planetary gravity conditions, the space explorers and colonists were given biochemical enhancements to enable their bodies to adjust to these challenges.[5]
This question worries many players, and therefore I ask the halo moderator to give me a halo to answer, so that my roll of text is not in vain.
As discussed in this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/odst-get-bone-augmentation-to-survive-from-drop/1476c2dc-89c6-41ea-ba1b-cadb9a64f1e5/postsODST have no augmentation.

The reference to the ORION model is volunteers vs conscripted
MorseyBaby wrote:

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
As discussed in this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/odst-get-bone-augmentation-to-survive-from-drop/1476c2dc-89c6-41ea-ba1b-cadb9a64f1e5/postsODST have no augmentation.
You have not confirmed anything. ODST definitely get some extras (with their speed of falling, no drop-under will save). I can bring the topic where it was discussed.

Quote:
What's the meaning of that?
MorseyBaby wrote:

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You have not confirmed anything. ODST definitely get some extras (with their speed of falling, no drop-under will save). I can bring the topic where it was discussed.
They don't need augmentations because of the technology in an SOEIV.

Ilovebees isn't entirely canon

Halo: New Blood fully describes the augmentations received by the Alpha-9 ODST members received. They still needed the full dose of Spartan IV augmentations.
Quote:
No:
Quote:
But that’s the thing, stronger bones wouldn’t do -Yoink- for you if you didn’t seriously -Yoink- with genetics and some crazy materials to make tendons and ligaments stronger as well, otherwise you’d fall 20 feet and snap your Achilles’ tendon instead of breaking a bone, which is definitely worse. Then we have no idea what toll those augs would have on a person. Perhaps it would require an augmented metabolism in order to maintain proper nutrition. Point is, for everything with the human body, when you change one thing, there’s typically a cascade of side effects that can reach seemingly unrelated systems.
That’s the biggest reason we haven’t completely done away with genetic disorders despite knowing exactly where in our genome plenty of them come from- we can’t just delete or change certain parts of our genome without altering other seemingly unrelated parts in potentially negative ways with fatal results.
The human body, despite appearing to be made up of several systems that are separate, but work together, is one singular mechanism. We still have no idea just how interconnected everything is. We could try to change one thing and -Yoink- up something else, and that will be the biggest hindrance on human augmentation for the foreseeable future.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloStory/comments/8eyptx/augmenting_odsts/

Please give a quote. ODSTs are based on the Orion project model and compared with Spartans. And they are offered to use as a resource-equivalent replacement. Comparing the effectiveness of this is not ODST, but Orion and the Spartans.
Orion was a project to create super-soldiers, and it becomes even more interesting with the following quote (halowaypoint):
Quote:
The Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, commonly known as ‘ODST,’ is a volunteer force within the UNSC Marine Corps, operationally managed by the Naval Special Weapons (NAVSPECWEP) division. ODST personnel are aggressively screened, and their brutal training program generally weeds out all but a handful of candidates. Early iterations of the ODST were created by the United Nations in 2129. By the Interplanetary War in 2163, the role of orbitally deployed Marine shock troopers had become a proper element of the newly founded UNSC Marine Corps. Since then, they have been a critical component of humanity’s military power, particularly during the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant War, arguably second only to the Spartan super-soldier projects.
Quote:
I thought they were just less canonical than what covers them. In any case, the ODST will likely get a slight strengthening of bones and likely regeneration or muscle density. All this has been confirmed.
All indications are that the ODTS have received their augmentations since the beginning of the war with the Covenant.
Quote:
I thought they were just less canonical than what covers them. In any case, the ODST will likely get a slight strengthening of bones and likely regeneration or muscle density. All this has been confirmed.
All indications are that the ODTS have received their augmentations since the beginning of the war with the Covenant.
None of that has been confirmed.. the only humans receiving augmentations are Spartans. A lot of your evidence above is from I Love Bees, which is not fully canonical. The Assembly was also de-canonized by 343, if I recall correctly. The SOEIV's do the heavy lifting of protecting the ODSTs during a drop, check out the Halopedia article for details on that.

The entire premise behind Halsey's Spartan-II program was that she was continuing the augmentation research started by the Orion Project. Once the Orion Project gave up and shuttered it's doors, human augmentation stopped until Halsey opened it back up for her program.
Quote:
None of that has been confirmed.. the only humans receiving augmentations are Spartans. A lot of your evidence above is from I Love Bees, which is not fully canonical. The Assembly was also de-canonized by 343, if I recall correctly. The SOEIV's do the heavy lifting of protecting the ODSTs during a drop, check out the Halopedia article for details on that.
Give a quote. These are files that can be found in halo reach.

Quote:
The entire premise behind Halsey's Spartan-II program was that she was continuing the augmentation research started by the Orion Project. Once the Orion Project gave up and shuttered it's doors, human augmentation stopped until Halsey opened it back up for her program.
That is why ODST were augmented to the start of the war.
Quote:

Quote:
The current status of the Assembly's existence in canon is in doubt with 343i ever since canon fodder's note on them.
As of 2558, Catalog assessed the nature and history of the Assembly, noting that the logs retrieved by Noble Six during the Fall of Reach were of questionable reliability.
This indicates 343i maybe going to de-canonize the Assembly at some point.
This applies to serious journals describing the power of the Covenant ships and the size of their fleet (the UNSC propaganda).

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Odsts are NOT augmented

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Odsts are NOT augmented
Odsts are ALL augmented.

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Odsts are NOT augmented
Odsts are ALL augmented.
They dont have spartan augmentations.
Quote:

Quote:
If ODSTs all received augmentations... then why would Halsey need children for her program? The whole reason for getting kids is that their bodies were more malleable for augmentation protocols and their minds were more easily indoctrinated. The Spartan-IV program built off this research and was finally able to safely augment adults after the war, not before or during. Furthermore, why would ODSTs not all be integrated into the Spartan-IV program if they already had augmentations? There would be no point to any of the Spartan programs if ODSTs were already receiving augmentations.

Unless you can find a specific quote from Bungie or 343 that says something to the effect of "all ODSTs received augmentations", then you really can't state that ODSTs received augmentations as fact.

CATALOG SAY:
Quote:
Quote:
<< 2526 >>
Ilovebees say:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Odsts are NOT augmented
Odsts are ALL augmented.
They dont have spartan augmentations.
Yes.

Quote:

Quote:
If ODSTs all received augmentations... then why would Halsey need children for her program? The whole reason for getting kids is that their bodies were more malleable for augmentation protocols and their minds were more easily indoctrinated. The Spartan-IV program built off this research and was finally able to safely augment adults after the war, not before or during.
Probably because a person with an iron limb from ODST is surprised that someone could augment the child. That is, there were augmentations, but no one dared to use them on children.
Quote:
Petrosky: Like not human, alright! Like he was genetically augmented.
Giraud: So you're- you're telling me someone had augmented John, someone had genetically augmented a child?
Petrosky: (sighs) Okay. Alright.
Giraud: No?
Petrosky: You think I'm lying.
That is, there were already augmentations of strength and speed, but they did not lead (as the new blood says) people to the superhuman level, but only allowed it to be reached. And it was impossible to combine them effectively (the quote of Palmer).
ODST go feet to hell. Do you really think that they would refuse Orion enhancements? In fact, the program of the 4th generation Spartans was conceived in order to create super-soldiers who could fight without armor. The first candidates died, but there was one woman who later lost her mind ...
https://www.halopedia.org/images/b/ba/Halo_Initiation_-_Palmer_vs_Zane.jpg
https://www.halopedia.org/images/f/f3/HI_Ilsa_and_palmer.png

Yes Yes. She can break her mjolniir with her hands. Naturally about such gains in ODST are not talking.

Quote:
Furthermore, why would ODSTs not all be integrated into the Spartan-IV program if they already had augmentations? There would be no point to any of the Spartan programs if ODSTs were already receiving augmentations.
The Spartan laser stands like four warthogs - and the ODST can use it freely. Mjölnir is more expensive than a long sword, and ODST cannot use it.
For the same reason.

Quote:
Unless you can find a specific quote from Bungie or 343 that says something to the effect of "all ODSTs received augmentations", then you really can't state that ODSTs received augmentations as fact.
Yes, but I have reason to think so - a minor canon.

Quote:
Mendez: I've never seen a man, augmented or not, be able to make such extraordinarily high-stakes decisions so quickly. Chief, would find himself in a complex scenario in a dense field of variables, and almost instantly weigh the costs and benefits immediately generating a creative solution. He faces dilemmas: ethical, tactical, tough situations that would buckle most human beings if they had a year to mull it over, but he makes the call --usually on the fly-- and it's the right call, it's extraordinary. Not to mention of course, that he then makes a super human jump onto an enemy craft in midflight, yanks the pilot out of the cockpit, commandeers the bird, and then rams it back down the enemy's throat. The man can execute too.
Quote:
Petrosky (in call): I am testifying with absolute certainty that the speed, power, and coordination this person exhibited was categorically impossible without the benefit of a full battery of military-grade augmentations. Afterwards, the Office of Naval Intelligence, through our COs, issued an order of absolute suppression of all accounts of this incident. The coercion, pressure being brought to bear, we were ordered to keep silent, to never speak of this publicly upon fear of court martial. How's that? That okay?
I am sorry to say, but you have not provided any proof that ODSTs are all augmented.
The only thing you have shown is that augmentation is not only limited to Spartans, which we already knew.
Even if ODSTs were augmented they would be of very low potency.

The Halo Encyclopedia claims:
"Basic performance-enhancing technologies have been commonplace among human militaries for centuries; however, extensive experimentation pushing the limits of the human body has historically been limited due to ethical concerns. A notable exception to this are the biochemical and cybernetic augmentations used in the SPARTAN programs, which represent the peak of human biological and cybernetic enhancement."
So from this statement we see that while militaries do practice augmentation (of which we do not know who qualifies for augmentation), these enhancements were very modest and in all likelihood would barely give an edge over a non-augmented individual.

ORION Phase 1 (2321) was the first major effort made to create super soldiers, however after five military candidates were selected and tested, the project was declared ineffective, the candidates were returned to their respective chains of command and within a year, all candidates would die of unknown causes.
ORION was relaunched in 2491 however was deactivated in 2506 due in major part to the high "washout" rate of the augmentations as well as the limited effectiveness of the enhancements themselves.
The ODSTs were then reorganised based on the ORION program but that doesn't mean that they received the same augmentations. ORION was shut down precisely because the enhancements caused issues.

There is nothing in canon that proves that ODSTs are more augmented than their fellow marines.
I don't believe the ODST's are augmented in the same sense the Spartans are; possibly a light steroid to boost muscle retention (or rather keeping it lean and not exceeding to bulky) and mass. But they do not get augmentations like the Ceramic Ossification or Capillary surgeries. So in a sense they DO have augmentations, but they're basic muscle builders most likely to keep them from getting weakened by prolonged space travel and nothing more than that. So I'm not sure if you could call those 'augments'.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I am sorry to say, but you have not provided any proof that ODSTs are all augmented.
The only thing you have shown is that augmentation is not only limited to Spartans, which we already knew.

"Basic performance-enhancing technologies have been commonplace among human militaries for centuries; however, extensive experimentation pushing the limits of the human body has historically been limited due to ethical concerns. A notable exception to this are the biochemical and cybernetic augmentations used in the SPARTAN programs, which represent the peak of human biological and cybernetic enhancement."
So from this statement we see that while militaries do practice augmentation (of which we do not know who qualifies for augmentation), these enhancements were very modest and in all likelihood would barely give an edge over a non-augmented individual.

ORION Phase 1 (2321) was the first major effort made to create super soldiers, however after five military candidates were selected and tested, the project was declared ineffective, the candidates were returned to their respective chains of command and within a year, all candidates would die of unknown causes.
ORION was relaunched in 2491 however was deactivated in 2506 due in major part to the high "washout" rate of the augmentations as well as the limited effectiveness of the enhancements themselves.
The ODSTs were then reorganised based on the ORION program but that doesn't mean that they received the same augmentations. ORION was shut down precisely because the enhancements caused issues.

There is nothing in canon that proves that ODSTs are more augmented than their fellow marines.
Improvements from the Orion project were used to create Spartans. All that I have brought is a canon to a greater or lesser extent. Catalog says it refers to datapads with distrust. However, in my example, there is nothing that could be called the UNSC propaganda. It describes the actions of UNSC, no more. Again, Ilovebees is a canon in those places where it does not find contradictions (this is mainly the wrong mention of a slip-space engine).

Orion was a super soldier project. Therefore, ODST received some of its achievements, which allow to transfer some of the resources to them. Everywhere it is written that Orion created a super soldier. ODST are compared to Spartans.

At least it gives us the opportunity to judge that ODST is not ordinary people. Also in the Orion project, regeneration was applied, which we can get in HALO odst. ODST has reflexes at 0.075 milliseconds in comics. Later, third-generation Spartans were created, who did not receive defects, which means that Orion project augmentations worked (at least their children could live normally).

https://i.postimg.cc/tCvmQKq4/RCO095.jpg

Quote:
On Earth-like gravity, an Unggoy's centre-mass would make contact in some ~.45 seconds; this means Romes was capable of timing precise headshots to the Grunts around the clock in less than half a second.

In other words, his firing intervals and response time can bulls-eye six enemies positioned in all directions within his motion tracker range. This would make for a mean response time of 75 milliseconds for each target with a 800RPM rate-of-fire using 2 semi-automatic magnums; grossly beyond the capabilities of any real-world marksmen or gunslinger alike. In neuroscience, the consensus regarding the upper-limit of human stimuli response times borders within a range edging 100 milliseconds to merely perform tasks such as pinching a ruler or pressing a button - let alone targeting multiple targets with numerous displacements!

This Halo: Helljumper comic has certainly shown an amusing set of feats. If there was any significant reason for the affirms within the community of marine neural interfaces enhancing their users to any degree, this series is definitely a catalyst for those claims.
Quote:
Collapsing a notably thick sliding door panel. For even a common stainless steel or aluminium-framed apparatus, the stresses imparted on Taylor's leg would be immense; especially considering the lack of structural weaknesses an offset hinged door would provide:
https://i.postimg.cc/43vQgQmB/ODST-ODST-ODST.png
Quote:
Yet, he continues his search - uninterrupted of any endured blunt-force trauma. This may give at least some substance as to how he a few other marines managed to overturn a 3.5 tonne M12 Warthog on Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve, but I digress.

-

Leaping over an Elite. Take note of how Dutch, fully adorned in ODST BDU, seems to casually rival, or even surpass, Javier Sotomayor's 2.45 meter high-jump world record (given how analogous it is to the average Sangheili height):
https://i.postimg.cc/52TR0g9J/ODST-DUTCH.png
I don't believe the ODST's are augmented in the same sense the Spartans are; possibly a light steroid to boost muscle retention (or rather keeping it lean and not exceeding to bulky) and mass. But they do not get augmentations like the Ceramic Ossification or Capillary surgeries. So in a sense they DO have augmentations, but they're basic muscle builders most likely to keep them from getting weakened by prolonged space travel and nothing more than that. So I'm not sure if you could call those 'augments'.
Also referred to as "iron bones." Of course, this is not what the Spartans have, but it makes it possible to survive a fall from several meters in height or survive two blows of a brute hammer when the rifle breaks.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also referred to as "iron bones." Of course, this is not what the Spartans have, but it makes it possible to survive a fall from several meters in height or survive two blows of a brute hammer when the rifle breaks.
You are making the mistake of assuming that the ODSTs basing themselves on ORION means that they undergo augmentation as well. There isn't anything to back up the idea that ODSTs received augmentations based on ORION. More likely the ODSTs were reorganised into a Special Forces program that undertook similar missions to ORION personnel.
I'll reiterate once again that in terms of enhancements the ORION program failed as the results were deemed unsatisfactory and it wasn't until Dr Catherine's Spartan 2s that significant progress was made.
ODSTs are compared to Spartans because they are the second best fighting force of Humanity, it doesn't mean that they are augmented.
The Data Pads and ilovebees are in a grey area of canon, but regardless none of them make the claim that ODSTs are augmented (nowhere in ilovebees is this even remotely the case).
Please tell me you did not just use a gameplay mechanic to make a point. First of all health regeneration is very common in FPS games but are not supposed to reflect lore. Second there isn't any regeneration in Halo ODST as we use health packs to regen HP.
With this kind of argument I could make the claim that ODSTs can throw grenades higher and further than Spartans because we can in the game.

Comic feat calculations always have a degree of unreliability as the artists can get away with a lot of creative freedom. Outlier feats are also a thing you know.

By 3rd generation I suppose you mean Spartan 3s. Why do you bring them up? The augmentation could still only safely be given to a select genetic group and had to be children.
Are you talking about Spartan 1.1s? It is explained that due to their parents' augmentations, they had to receive injections in order to ensure normal growth without defects which had the side effect of giving them above baseline human abilities yet still below their ORION parents. Regardless this is once again non-adults being augmented meaning that the same enhancements would not necessarily be safe for a full grown human.

Augmentations on full adults wasn't restated as a program until 2550 during the early phases of the Spartan 4 program when ONI began to experiment with adding limited enhancements to select groups of special operators.
EvilKeny28 wrote:

Improvements from the Orion project were used to create Spartans. All that I have brought is a canon to a greater or lesser extent. Catalog says it refers to datapads with distrust. However, in my example, there is nothing that could be called the UNSC propaganda. It describes the actions of UNSC, no more. Again, Ilovebees is a canon in those places where it does not find contradictions (this is mainly the wrong mention of a slip-space engine).

Orion was a super soldier project. Therefore, ODST received some of its achievements, which allow to transfer some of the resources to them. Everywhere it is written that Orion created a super soldier. ODST are compared to Spartans.

At least it gives us the opportunity to judge that ODST is not ordinary people. Also in the Orion project, regeneration was applied, which we can get in HALO odst. ODST has reflexes at 0.075 milliseconds in comics. Later, third-generation Spartans were created, who did not receive defects, which means that Orion project augmentations worked (at least their children could live normally).

https://i.postimg.cc/tCvmQKq4/RCO095.jpg

Quote:
On Earth-like gravity, an Unggoy's centre-mass would make contact in some ~.45 seconds; this means Romes was capable of timing precise headshots to the Grunts around the clock in less than half a second.

In other words, his firing intervals and response time can bulls-eye six enemies positioned in all directions within his motion tracker range. This would make for a mean response time of 75 milliseconds for each target with a 800RPM rate-of-fire using 2 semi-automatic magnums; grossly beyond the capabilities of any real-world marksmen or gunslinger alike. In neuroscience, the consensus regarding the upper-limit of human stimuli response times borders within a range edging 100 milliseconds to merely perform tasks such as pinching a ruler or pressing a button - let alone targeting multiple targets with numerous displacements!

This Halo: Helljumper comic has certainly shown an amusing set of feats. If there was any significant reason for the affirms within the community of marine neural interfaces enhancing their users to any degree, this series is definitely a catalyst for those claims.
Quote:
Collapsing a notably thick sliding door panel. For even a common stainless steel or aluminium-framed apparatus, the stresses imparted on Taylor's leg would be immense; especially considering the lack of structural weaknesses an offset hinged door would provide:
https://i.postimg.cc/43vQgQmB/ODST-ODST-ODST.png
Quote:
Yet, he continues his search - uninterrupted of any endured blunt-force trauma. This may give at least some substance as to how he a few other marines managed to overturn a 3.5 tonne M12 Warthog on Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve, but I digress.

-

Leaping over an Elite. Take note of how Dutch, fully adorned in ODST BDU, seems to casually rival, or even surpass, Javier Sotomayor's 2.45 meter high-jump world record (given how analogous it is to the average Sangheili height):
https://i.postimg.cc/52TR0g9J/ODST-DUTCH.png
There is nothing in canon that says odsts are augmented.Nothing bungie or 343 have done even says it
EvilKeny28 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are making the mistake of assuming that the ODSTs basing themselves on ORION means that they undergo augmentation as well. There isn't anything to back up the idea that ODSTs received augmentations based on ORION. More likely the ODSTs were reorganised into a Special Forces program that undertook similar missions to ORION personnel.
I'll reiterate once again that in terms of enhancements the ORION program failed as the results were deemed unsatisfactory and it wasn't until Dr Catherine's Spartan 2s that significant progress was made.
Model ORION called something obsolete with respect to the Spartans.
ODST were augmented after the birth of the second-generation Spartans (in almost 10 years).

Quote:
ODSTs are compared to Spartans because they are the second best fighting force of Humanity, it doesn't mean that they are augmented.
They are compared to Spartans, as heirs of the Orion program.

Quote:
The Data Pads and ilovebees are in a grey area of canon, but regardless none of them make the claim that ODSTs are augmented (nowhere in ilovebees is this even remotely the case).
Quote:
Quote:
Please tell me you did not just use a gameplay mechanic to make a point. First of all health regeneration is very common in FPS games but are not supposed to reflect lore. Second there isn't any regeneration in Halo ODST as we use health packs to regen HP.
With this kind of argument I could make the claim that ODSTs can throw grenades higher and further than Spartans because we can in the game.

This game mechanic is described in the canon (in particular in the game manual) and is called "endurance". Yes, serious injuries heal much longer than short cuts, and no, I do not perceive it as a canon, but I say that it has confirmation in the canon. In particular, I think that regeneration will be much slower.

Quote:
Comic feat calculations always have a degree of unreliability as the artists can get away with a lot of creative freedom. Outlier feats are also a thing you know.
Especially, if to consider the quote about speed of falling. No, we are seriously shown superhuman abilities (to survive TWO HAMMOND HAMMERS CAN NOT BE EACH OF A SPARTAN).
Quote:
By 3rd generation I suppose you mean Spartan 3s. Why do you bring them up? The augmentation could still only safely be given to a select genetic group and had to be children.
Are you talking about Spartan 1.1s? It is explained that due to their parents' augmentations, they had to receive injections in order to ensure normal growth without defects which had the side effect of giving them above baseline human abilities yet still below their ORION parents. Regardless this is once again non-adults being augmented meaning that the same enhancements would not necessarily be safe for a full grown human.
However, their skills just include regeneration, strength, speed. Even enhanced hearing and sense of balance. Comics definitely make sense.
The children of Orion also remain secret.

Quote:
Augmentations on full adults wasn't restated as a program until 2550 during the early phases of the Spartan 4 program when ONI began to experiment with adding limited enhancements to select groups of special operators.
This is not confirmed anywhere in the canon of which I read. Give a quote.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3