Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What's your favorite Halo Marine or ODST & why?

OP Frank Harland

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
the red odst in one of the halo 3 levels and the crazy broken ankle marine on uplift reserve
I’m tied between Mickey, Chips, and Ghost
PotatoKilr wrote:
Ghost. As in Ghost from Call of Duty?
For me I'd have to say Johnson, Chips Dubbo (aussie gang), and The Rookie (quiet and perpetually tired gang).
Buck, where are the Nathan Fillion fans!?
PotatoKilr wrote:
Ghost from the Halo Legends episode titled “The Prototype”
Buck, where are the Nathan Fillion fans!?
Eh, he’s too overrated imo.

PotatoKilr wrote:
PotatoKilr wrote:
Ghost from the Halo Legends episode titled “The Prototype”
oh, sorry. I’ve never watched them before so I was just curious.
I have to agree with the others. Its Chips Dubbo. From all the Halos he always had the most quotable and memorable lines.
c El sargento johnson
Avery Johnson, I like having him around in gameplay
arcanepunk wrote:
the red odst in one of the halo 3 levels and the crazy broken ankle marine on uplift reserve
yeah your refferring to the red shoulder padded ODST recon on Halo 3: The Ark, hes pretty cool I personally love the sniper in the origonal Halo 2 04 Regret cutscene who kisses the sniper round before he loads it into his sniper
One unnamed Dead ODST on high charity in H3 on the mission Cortana, you can see this badass' corpse with a flamethrower at the end of a corridor, JUst makes me wonder how long this man had to survive against an onslaught of the flood.
I've got to go with Melissa McKay. While other ODST's are quotable, she did what was necessary for humanity, sacrificing herself and 200 others to prevent the Flood from reaching Earth.
The man. The myth. The legend.

Chips Dubbo
I gotta agree with this guy! Chips Dubbo!
but I do like the rookie
the rookie basically impersonates you as a character since he doesn't speak and you sort of do it for him in your mind
Johnson is at the top and always will be for me. Two honorable mentions as well. I recently played ODST again and gained a brand new appreciation for Dutch. Marcus Stacker is my second honorable mention. Stacker was with Cheif throughout the original trilogy and was a part of the most Important battles near the end of the war. From Installation 04 to Earth to The Battle of the Ark and even post-war he met up with Cheif again as a part of the Requiem Campagin (even though you just hear his voice).
Favorite ODST, Buck. Favorite Marine, Chips Dubbo.
Can't really decide between Buck and Chipps. Both are awesome characters. Both have seen it all. I would've loved to have seen Chipps in Halo 4 and 5.
Johnson and Dutch
Mickey, his complicated relationship with insurrectionists and the UNSC make him quite a compelling character, although -Yoink- him, he got Rookie killed xD
For me its Buck all the way, even in Halo 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3