2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 31
And for a covenant vessel, maybe Condemned Heretic.
UNSC Whole Nine YardsIt's a good saying. It basically means 'overkill' - it originated in WW1, which referred to the practice of using the whole nine yard ammunition belt from a Vickers machine gun.

I'd imagine the ship being a Halberd-class, or something heavily armed.
Pretty sure that was WWII, in reference to the .50s of most Allied fighters.
WWI biplanes didn't have enough room in their fuselodge for that much ammo. Too heavy.
Nope. It originated from ww1
Looks like it might even be older than that according to Wikipedia. Earliers mention of it is about 1860, in reference to fabric.
Maybe. All I know is that the phrase give them the whole 9 yards originated from firing the entire machine gun belt.
Thats the going theory, but no ones really sure it seems.
No it's a historical fact that phrase came from firing the whole machine gun belt. I've seen it in a video about the first manufactured machine guns up to the ones used in ww1.
<p></p>
If you say so, mate. Official dictionary says otherwise.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
UNSC Whole Nine YardsIt's a good saying. It basically means 'overkill' - it originated in WW1, which referred to the practice of using the whole nine yard ammunition belt from a Vickers machine gun.

WWI biplanes didn't have enough room in their fuselodge for that much ammo. Too heavy.
Looks like it might even be older than that according to Wikipedia. Earliers mention of it is about 1860, in reference to fabric.
Maybe. All I know is that the phrase give them the whole 9 yards originated from firing the entire machine gun belt.
No it's a historical fact that phrase came from firing the whole machine gun belt. I've seen it in a video about the first manufactured machine guns up to the ones used in ww1.
<p></p>
What's the name of the dictionary, I wanna check it out and make sure I'm getting the facts right. Just in case.
or for covenant, befitting justice.
Covenant CAS class carrier Infinite discovery
UNSC Destroyer Light after dusk

<p></p>
What's the name of the dictionary, I wanna check it out and make sure I'm getting the facts right. Just in case.
Found it on the wikipedia article on the saying.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Covenant Cruiser- Purifying Firelight
UNSC Super-Frigate- Blacksmith

The Super-Frigate would carry only a pair of MAC guns, configured over-and-under, but would boast a powerful engine and over 200 Point Defense cannons along its Octahedral profile. Its role in combat is to sweep aside swarms of small, one-man fighters, while being too fast for Capital ships to target with their main batteries.
UNSC Venger ;)
UNSC IceWaker
CCS-Crusading Spirit
CCS Transpiring Radiance
343 industries I was wondering if you could create some kind of halo console game that just focuses of the starship battles. For example, and this is just a suggestion like taking Halo Wars and instead of making a ground army you make a fleet of starships instead. like I said that was just an example if you guys come up with something else just try to make it focus specifically on the starship battles of the halo universe.
also my ship name is the UNSC Moon Writer
UNSC Name of the Wind
UNSC ship would have to be UNSC Cerberus. Quite like the Halberd-class destroyer or perhaps a Stalwart-class light frigate.

Covenant ship would have to be an ORS-class Heavy Cruiser and I really like the name Penitence of Might. Feel like it works either as a Covenant era name or as a post-Covenant renaming referencing reflection on having been involved in glassing operations
UNSC Tropic Thunder
Covenant Samaritan
UNSC Ice Queen's Dreamt
i don't know if any of these have already been said but this is just stuff i've come up with

UNSC-concord
UNSC-lexington
UNSC-flame of alexandra
UNSC-spark of hope
UNSC-york
UNSC-lafayette
UNSC-midas
UNSC-new phoenix
here's a few covenant/ elite ship names
spear of convergence
shadow of the swords (works as both a covenant and a swords of sanghilios ship name)
rampant justice
gilded touch
throne of absolutes
the gods will
core of disbelief

i might have more later, those are just names that popped into my head at some point or just now, i've used most of the UNSC ship names in a story i'm writing, and i personally like most of the names i just put down
UNSC Supersonic Rocket Powered Battle Ship
UNSC Breath of the Wild...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 31