Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What species crashed on Installation 04?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The best bets is that it's either Ancient Human or Forerunner.
Quote:
Neither option makes any sense.
Quote:
I believe it was the last remnant of humans prior to the forerunner extinction/disappearance.
Me too.
Quote:
Query Answer: No known Tier 2 species matching suggested morphology [re: ursus sapiens].
Query: Has Catalog confirmed the sentients in question are a Tier 2 species? Is there a further implication that this is a known Tier 2 species?

Also, is there a likelihood that the data archive Halo: Broken Circle contains further information pertinent to the aforementioned sentients that reached Installation 04 some thousands of years prior to initial Reclaimer contact in 2552?
I've been re-reading some of the novels and started wondering about this again.

The only two known species that it could have been are the San 'Shyum, or Kig-Yar.
They were the only two at the time before the Covenant and after the Halo firing that had space travel.

The Brutes could have also gotten there, but they never made ships more advanced that Earth's current space craft. They also effectively destroyed their own civilization twice, resetting themselves back to zero in terms of technology.

It could have been an unknown race within the Haloverse's galaxy.
Not every planet has been explored by Humans or the Covenant.
Possibly the Forerunners/Librarian missed a planet or two, but 100,000 years doesn't seem like enough time for a life form to evolve enough for space flight on their own, untouched.
I just posted this idea in another thread, and this is pure speculation, but what if they are a specimen that came from installation 05?

They could have evolved either due to or before the containment breach there. The civilization they developed would explain the presence of new structures found on the original ones as well. With access to advanced technology on the ring, they could develop space worthy ships, possibly in response to the Flood's presence growing. They could have found or derived the location of Installation 04 as Cortana was able to do, and chosen for a destination as the rings would be the only environment they are adapted to.
I actually like the idea that it was a ship that got blasted when the array fired...
The ship looks very similar in design to that of the Sangheili ships on the cover of Broken Circle(book isn't actually out yet), but the time period is way off. The crash landing took place 42,000 years ago. Interesting to note either way.
Quote:
Query Answer: No known Tier 2 species matching suggested morphology [re: ursus sapiens].
Wait, did he confirm alien bears or completely deny them?
Quote:
Quote:
Wait, did he confirm alien bears or completely deny them?
He was joking.

Quote:
Well, it was capable of space travel, so that eliminates dogs, cats, and certain bears.
Quote:
Quote:
There are many reasons why neither make sense and the second should be quite obvious. If it were the Forerunner 343 GS would have recognized it immediately and if it were Ancient Human 343 GS would have recognized the species as human.
I still think a gaseous form of Flood or even AI is involved. Doesn't have to be a known construct either.

The color of the gas might have been a visual designation via Ancilla optics, but I think the Flood are seriously involved over anything else. Being a specific character, though, isn't probable.
Quote:
Quote:
I predict that the precursors are planting the seeds so they can rebirth the flood whenever they're ready. I expect those ships have been nestled all over the galaxy.

I predict that Halo Nightfall will have to do with this re-release of the flood, hence the remains of what looks like the original installation 04. Agent Locke will be caught up in a flood outbreak. What better guy to produce a show about psychic space zombies than Ridley Scott?
That is one of the best theories I have heard regarding the mysterious ship. One thing that may not make sense with it though is why would the ship be relaying a "mayday" transmission if it is meant to unleash the flood?
    "Help! We are stranded and in need of assistance!"

*opens up crashed vessel*

*The Flood infection pours outward*[/li]
    REPORT 857898-654-004
    CATALOGING INCIDENT 000654
    PROFOUND (0) MAJOR (1) MINOR (677)

PASSIVE VIOLATION OCCURRED

PEAK INTEREST: 7
    CURRENT INTEREST: 5
    CHANGE: NULL (6122 CYCLES)
    CYCLES UNTIL DEMOTION: 109283
    SENSORS OCCUPIED: 42

RESPONSE CALCULATION
    YIELD: 507
    ATMOSPHERE: NORMALIZED TO 87%
    STRUCTURE: FAILED (17 MAJOR)
    MECHANICAL ORIGIN: UNKNOWN
    INTERFACE SYSTEMS: UNKNOWN
    NONSYNTHETIC LIFE: UNKNOWN
    ENERGY OUTPUT: NULL

HYDROGEN OUTPUT: NULL
    ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: UNKNOWN
    TACTICAL RESPONSES: NULL
    EMERGENT SYSTEMS: NULL
    SYNTHETIC SYSTEMS: NULL

BACKFLOW SYSTEMS: NULL
    EMERGENCY RESPONSES: NULL
    ENTROPY: 769000 CYCLES (+/- 5000)
    SENTIENT SYSTEM PROBABILITY: 99.883897%[/li]
Probably a san shyum ship from a really early stage of their civilization, an exploration vessel send for an impossible goal, dont forget that san shyum discovered really early the ship that reseed Their species and quickly learn advanced technology ( thus limiting them truly comprehend their own technology )
It looks very covenant, all round with green glow and a purplelish shine
Probably a san shyum ship from a really early stage of their civilization, an exploration vessel send for an impossible goal, dont forget that san shyum discovered really early the ship that reseed Their species and quickly learn advanced technology ( thus limiting them truly comprehend their own technology )
It looks very covenant, all round with green glow and a purplelish shine
They only left Janjur Qom at 2100 BCE
Quote:
There are many reasons why neither make sense and the second should be quite obvious. If it were the Forerunner 343 GS would have recognized it immediately and if it were Ancient Human 343 GS would have recognized the species as human.
You forget the fact Spark's memories as Chakas and knowledge about the Forerunners was compartmentized and limited to just his functions as caretaker of Installation 04
You know, I was curious about this as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3