Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] What vehicle from halo would you have?

OP UnwishedJeans24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Cas-class super carrier
Possibly a warthog just to see and feel how it would be in real life
I’d like a longsword. Fast, powerful, and stealthy.
I would have a Scorpion, because “tank beats everything!”
Broadsword from halo 4 would be nice. Covenant pick would be a banshee just because it’s nimble.
It would be cool owning the whole infinity. Then maybe once i could get a few friends and play hide and seek on it.
Despite my other post on here I would totally rock an H5 Gauss Hog, I love the new design
D77-TCI Pelican. Hands down. Why?

For the sheer potential inherit in the airframe.

The UEG's ubiquitous Pelican airframe is a troop transport capable of VTOL, and even outright SSTO, flight.

It should come as absolutely no surprise when one's first action is to establish contact with the one individual on this planet that both has the capability to make the most of this opportunity, and will ruthlessly exploit every single possible gleam of technological advancement from the airframe - and will not simply hoard away any such developments, either.

I speak, of course, of Mr. Elon Musk.

Seven years down the line, I wouldn't be surprised if a Space X-derivative airframe based off of the Pelican starts making round trips around the globe. While the Pelican itself is not particularly suited for travel to and from our moon, what the GEN1 models could do would be to provide exoatmospheric trips, including setting up various satellites and hauling small portions of stations up to geosynch orbit.It still wouldn't fully replace current rockets like Falcon 9 or the upcoming BFR, but it would supplement their operations. DSG gets up sooner. Etc.Tempted to swap D77 out for more complex D81 Condor, for more test engines and such, as well as chance to snag low power slipspace drive, but more complex = harder to reverse engineer.

---------------------

Also, all of y'all who pick capital scale naval assets and immediately proclaim yourselves tyrants or warlords over the Earth and the populations below, it is you that make me worried and prevent those like me (eg people who just want to live their lives and such, without fear of impending demise) from getting a good sleep at night.

----------------------

And because multiquote doesn't work between pages on this site, I'm not able to quote you directly, but to whoever said that modern military working together in concert can take down a CSO in atmo; no, we really can't. Between pulse laser PD, plastorps obliterating entire formations of launching platforms and installations from BVR, and the completely nutso shield capacity of the supercap vessel, nothing we do can hurt it in any significant manner. Apply same conclusion to CAS assault carrier and up, probably also extend to ORS heavy cruiser and Covie craft of equivalent tonnage or armament outside of "I eat horseshoes for breakfast"-tier-luck strike.

Skippy575 wrote:
I'd go with a Phaeton just to digitize myself every time I get in and out. Plus evasion tactics are a bonus.
Translocating while in a Z-1800 is fatal to unshielded and unarmored personnel. First warp-type evasion is your last.
And the organic-to-digital transfer might have... distinct side effects as well.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
Also, all of y'all who pick capital scale naval assets and immediately proclaim yourselves tyrants or warlords over the Earth and the populations below, it is you that make me worried and prevent those like me (eg people who just want to live their lives and such, without fear of impending demise) from getting a good sleep at night.
Nah, we'll be fine. I strongly doubt in this thread has the sheer manpower, infrastructure, and supplies to actually operate anything larger than a CRS or something of comparable size.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
D77-TCI Pelican. Hands down. Why?

For the sheer potential inherit in the airframe.

The UEG's ubiquitous Pelican airframe is a troop transport capable of VTOL, and even outright SSTO, flight.

It should come as absolutely no surprise when one's first action is to establish contact with the one individual on this planet that both has the capability to make the most of this opportunity, and will ruthlessly exploit every single possible gleam of technological advancement from the airframe - and will not simply hoard away any such developments, either.

I speak, of course, of Mr. Elon Musk.

Seven years down the line, I wouldn't be surprised if a Space X-derivative airframe based off of the Pelican starts making round trips around the globe. While the Pelican itself is not particularly suited for travel to and from our moon, what the GEN1 models could do would be to provide exoatmospheric trips, including setting up various satellites and hauling small portions of stations up to geosynch orbit.It still wouldn't fully replace current rockets like Falcon 9 or the upcoming BFR, but it would supplement their operations. DSG gets up sooner. Etc.Tempted to swap D77 out for more complex D81 Condor, for more test engines and such, as well as chance to snag low power slipspace drive, but more complex = harder to reverse engineer.

---------------------

----------------------

And because multiquote doesn't work between pages on this site, I'm not able to quote you directly, but to whoever said that modern military working together in concert can take down a CSO in atmo; no, we really can't. Between pulse laser PD, plastorps obliterating entire formations of launching platforms and installations from BVR, and the completely nutso shield capacity of the supercap vessel, nothing we do can hurt it in any significant manner. Apply same conclusion to CAS assault carrier and up, probably also extend to ORS heavy cruiser and Covie craft of equivalent tonnage or armament outside of "I eat horseshoes for breakfast"-tier-luck strike.

Skippy575 wrote:
I'd go with a Phaeton just to digitize myself every time I get in and out. Plus evasion tactics are a bonus.
Translocating while in a Z-1800 is fatal to unshielded and unarmored personnel. First warp-type evasion is your last.
And the organic-to-digital transfer might have... distinct side effects as well.
Sound pick and good rant ha
SC Matt 7 wrote:
Nah, we'll be fine. I strongly doubt in this thread has the sheer manpower, infrastructure, and supplies to actually operate anything larger than a CRS or something of comparable size.
Three Spartans were able to command an entire CPV destroyer with little issues, without any AI support as well. Covie ships don't seem to require large crews to keep running, at least in a short-term timeframe.
...Effectiveness of PD would suffer hard, though. Wouldn't make any notable difference for large caps/supercaps, but CCSs and lower would have trouble.
SparrowHawk
Mantis, pelican,wasp, banshee, and the warthog though the chain gun shoots nerf darts.
For those silly people picking huge carriers and thinking it's such a great idea, I pity your short-sightedness. Sure you might have a super powerful warship, but guess what? You sure as hell can't operate it on your own, not without a trained crew of hundreds...
lmao, nailed it.

I'd definitely go with a Banshee....just a great vehicle. Fast, maneuverable, and just fun to fly.

I almost...almost...went with a Scorpion, but it's too slow. That, and I lack the super-human ability to flip it after running stuff over ;-)
Viper 22x wrote:
I almost...almost...went with a Scorpion, but it's too slow. That, and I lack the super-human ability to flip it after running stuff over ;-)
Hey, but you could pick chicks up with it.
Siege Bike.
I'd love a Ghost in real life. Might have to replace the plasma canons with headlights and add a license plate, but then I'm set.
(Needs to be a Bungie-style Ghost though. No offense to 343i, but there's no way I'd be seen on the road in one of 'Mdama's abominations.)
I would have the Mantle's Approach
Either a full sized Infinity super carrier, OR a heavily armoured support version of the ONI corvette, kinda like Port Stanley in the Kilo-Five trilogy
For those silly people picking huge carriers and thinking it's such a great idea, I pity your short-sightedness. Sure you might have a super powerful warship, but guess what? You sure as hell can't operate it on your own, not without a trained crew of hundreds, if not thousands. And unless you're a multi-billionaire, you will also not be able to afford the staggering maintenance and manpower costs. And that's assuming your local government/global superpower doesn't confiscate it straight away.

A Banshee. That's absolute freedom in the sky. But I would also choose a Wasp. Small, controllable and flies easy. It'll save a lot of time on daily commutes.
Now this, this is what I call a sensible choice.
Well if were for the sake of the benefit of humanity, I would totally still take Infinity. And besides, Infinity is loaded with smaller vehicles and ships that you could use for other travels, Infinity would be like a hub for other ships, well I mean it already is tbh.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6