Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What was the most difficult legendary mission?

OP Afellow ODST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Cheficide wrote:
HCE: Truth and Reconciliation. That fight up the grav lift is rough.
H2: Uprising. Once you get the Ghosts.
H3: Pretty easy through and through, I'd say the chieftain fight in Crows Nest.
ODST: Highway
Reach: Lonewolf, always die. Ha, but PoA Hunter fight
H4: Forerunner, Banshee fight.
H5: Remember the last level being a pain, it's been a while.
You can skip the Hunter fight by just crouching through the window to the next area. Still pretty bad since it's easy to get one-shotted trying to jump through but a lot easier than fighting them.
Cheficide wrote:
HCE: Truth and Reconciliation. That fight up the grav lift is rough.
H2: Uprising. Once you get the Ghosts.
H3: Pretty easy through and through, I'd say the chieftain fight in Crows Nest.
ODST: Highway
Reach: Lonewolf, always die. Ha, but PoA Hunter fight
H4: Forerunner, Banshee fight.
H5: Remember the last level being a pain, it's been a while.
You can skip the Hunter fight by just crouching through the window to the next area. Still pretty bad since it's easy to get one-shotted trying to jump through but a lot easier than fighting them.
So much easier than fighting them
I have to nominate Regret to this title as I have never enjoyed the Regret fight which is a room with infinitely spawning enemies and you are forced to board Regret's throne 5 times. In addition to that, there exist a large numer of Jackal Snipers to spice up the mission for maximum enjoyment.

The mission Gravemind do at least have the advantage that the mission doesn't have any sections with infinitely spawning enemies and there do only exist a small number of bottlenecks throughout the mission.
Reach: Long Night of Solace, the space flying part took me AGES to finish.

CE: Not completed

2: Not completed

3: The Ark, I got stuck on the part where you had to destroy the AA wraiths

ODST: Wasnt too bad, but I will say the NMPD level took me some time to finish at the end

4: Not completed, but I am having a tough time on the level Forerunner

5: Not even started lol
CE: Library
2: Gravemind
3: None
Odst: Coastal Highway
Reach: Either space part of Long Night or tank part in Package.
4: Midnight
5: Triple Warden fight, can't remember what mission that was.
Spam8358 wrote:
5: Triple Warden fight, can't remember what mission that was.
The infamous triple Warden fight can be found at the end of the mission The Breaking.
All the missions in legendary are a nightmare but for me Gravemind is the most difficult mission of all I am not joking when I say that it takes me about 2 hours to try to pass it. It also has many too many enemies in very closed and high-ranking areas, and for that and many other reasons it is for me the most difficult mission of halo.
StrikGhost wrote:
All the missions in legendary are a nightmare but for me Gravemind is the most difficult mission of all I am not joking when I say that it takes me about 2 hours to try to pass it. It also has many too many enemies in very closed and high-ranking areas, and for that and many other reasons it is for me the most difficult mission of halo.
Gravemind was why the getting Halo 2 under 3 hours was actually harder for me than Halo 2 laso. It's not just the difficulty but the length
CE: The Library
2: Oracle (idk why but I struggled in this mission, people talk about Gravemind but it wasn’t very hard at all) also Quarintine Zone was hard too.
3: None, Halo 3 was a breeze and really fun. No hard levels here
4: haven’t played in a while so I can’t really say.
5: the levels weren’t hard, just extremely boring.
Reach: The Package was hard, but fun.
Without the skips and tricks I have learned over the years I would say gravemind because it’s such a grind.

With the skips
Spoiler:
Show
From my experience Gravemind from Halo 2. I played it with my friend (we didn't complete it), but about 5 minutes in he was considering quitting. We went awhile longer, rescued some marines and other things like that but got stuck at one point I can't remember and just called it a night. We had fun though, or at least I did.
Gravemind from H2 for a mission as a whole, absolutely ridiculously long with many difficult areas.

The hardest scene remains for me in Truth and Reconciliation, just trying to guide keyes back to the safety without him deciding to just literally kill himself by throwing a grenade into a wall and then proceeding to run into it was beyond infuriating.
Have to agree with Gravemind, I was going to say Library, but gravemind might have it beat. Any time that I can't tactically sit there and fight an enemy slow and steady on Legendary it becomes more difficult. The escapes and no cover situations are always tough for me.
Gravemind from H2 for a mission as a whole, absolutely ridiculously long with many difficult areas.

The hardest scene remains for me in Truth and Reconciliation, just trying to guide keyes back to the safety without him deciding to just literally kill himself by throwing a grenade into a wall and then proceeding to run into it was beyond infuriating.
I remember doing a Legendary run when CEA came out. I was an idiot and had the Grunt Funeral skull on, thinking it would be like a free grenade. Boy was I wrong!
- Returned to the bridge, shoot grunt 1.
- Get Checkpoint.
- Grunt 1 explodes, sending grunt 2 flying into the corridor.
- Keys runs right up to it, and boom!
I left the game reloading for an hour hoping I’d get returned to an earlier checkpoint, but it never did.
So mad, haha!
Halo 2's Gravemind bro, you can die before the room is completely visible.
Halo 2 Gravemind. Less than 2 seconds and you're dead
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2