Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What will Elites look like in Infinite?

OP kiwininja332

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So we all know they’re heading back to the old art style, so does that mean we’ll see old art Elites in new updated graphics? I ask this because in MCC they have the Halo Reach art style in Anniversary games; so will they do that in Infinite or go back to the old style of Halo CE, 2, and 3? The continuity of the armor changing between games might need some explaining, but I would love to see the old in a new game.

On a side note, do you think we’ll be able to play as Elites like in Halo Reach? I think it would be so cool if we could customize Elites at the same level as Spartans in multiplayer, but it’s the old art style. That would be so new because we’ve only be able to use Reach’s style of customization for Elites. Let me know what you think!
This is what they'll look like
Spoiler:
Show
Or
Spoiler:
Show
Perhaps there will be both designs, with the Halo 4 and onward design being the enemies and the original trilogy and Reach design being the allies/ MP player.
So we all know they’re heading back to the old art style, so does that mean we’ll see old art Elites in new updated graphics? I ask this because in MCC they have the Halo Reach art style in Anniversary games; so will they do that in Infinite or go back to the old style of Halo CE, 2, and 3? The continuity of the armor changing between games might need some explaining, but I would love to see the old in a new game.

On a side note, do you think we’ll be able to play as Elites like in Halo Reach? I think it would be so cool if we could customize Elites at the same level as Spartans in multiplayer, but it’s the old art style. That would be so new because we’ve only be able to use Reach’s style of customization for Elites. Let me know what you think!
i want the Elites like the Halo wars 2 Art style
I strongly believe we’ll see the new style of Elites, ie., H2A and HW2. You can also see the new Elites in the background of the Taco Bell Xbox One X giveaway ads from late 2018, if that is anything to go by.
As long as they act like the Elites in Halo 2/3, and not the generic space monsters of 4/5, they can look like whatever. Although I would prefer a classic trilogy-inspired look given the choice.
I believe they will stick to the H2A/HW2 style of elites and will probably use some that use the styles from Halo 5 and Halo 4, since technically there was a lore explanation for why they looked different (Even though the Arbiter looked like Halo 4-5s elites which lore wise, didn't make sense).
WFD1992 wrote:
Perhaps there will be both designs, with the Halo 4 and onward design being the enemies and the original trilogy and Reach design being the allies/ MP player.
Now that would be awesome.
Just more Alpha-Bravos. Alien -Yoinks!- in a targeting optic.
I always loved halo2/3 design and i'd be so happy to see it come back again, but Reach design is also pretty good in my opinion
Please like in classic CE/2. I liked how they looked in 3, 2A and Wars 2 but the first ones are unbeatable.
I’m hoping they look like the Halo 3 variant.
I suspect that we will have two different breeds of elites moving forward, like in Halo Wars 2.
I personally would have preferred they never changed them in the first place... but now that they did and both phenotypes are canonical, I'd be ok with seeing both in Infinite. If we only get the Hesduros/Halo 4 & 5 phenotype in Infinite (and armor in that style as well), I'll be fairly unhappy.

Fortunately, given 343's focus on more classic style art, that probably won't happen.
with the return of Chief's old art style, I'd hope Elites would get the same amount of love as him
hope
They already did switch with HW 2.
Personally I would like Reach's style to return.They're not as skinny as the classic style and not as bulky as the new style.Overall the best design imo.

But since phenotypes exists,we'll probably get a bit of both like in Halo wars.
Hoping for their H2A version.
I am so glad that Halo is heading back to the old art style. Personally, I hope that they look like the Halo 2 Elites, because I am not a huge fan of the new Elite design, especially the unarmored arms. It just annoys me, seeing those big hulking aliens, that used to be armor-clad and armed to the teeth, now just wearing a chest plate, helmet, and armored leggings, but with bare arms. Can't wait for Halo 6! Keep up the great work 343!
Halo Reach ones were the best, so hope that thay stick to that designs and develope it with more variants.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2