Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What will the title of Halo 6 be?

OP ley machine57

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 5: Guardians had a great name because 'Guardians' had a few meanings: The Forerunner Guardians Cortana revived; the holder of the mantle of responsibility - in this case, The Created; and probably a few more not coming to mind. So in your opinion, what direction will Halo 6 go in and thus what could a possible title be? And will they remove the number altogether? (I've read somewhere they're beginning to phase out the numbered Halo games and replacing them with names).
Keen to hear some good ones!
We don't really know, there is nothing to base it off really. That subheading will probably act as the first real hint we get into the story direction Halo 6 leading. We could guess something like 'Retribution', 'Retaliation' or 'Vengeance' as it would fit what we know, but that kind of name feels overplayed and cliché.
I think Halo 6 is enough, but it's entirely up to them to decide what they want to add in the title.
Didn't Halo 1-4 not have any titles outside of Halo? Actually, wait, I think Halo 1 had "Combat Evolved".
Personally, I think Halo 5 feels a little bit like an outlier, so I wouldn't mind if core Halo games just kept the Halo title while Halo games where 343i wants to try different gameplay (Halo Wars) or maybe focus on someone other than John (Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo 5 Guardians) can have a subtitle.
That way we kind of know what to expect and are more willing to like the game on its own merits.
Didn't Halo 1-4 not have any titles outside of Halo? Actually, wait, I think Halo 1 had "Combat Evolved".
Personally, I think Halo 5 feels a little bit like an outlier, so I wouldn't mind if core Halo games just kept the Halo title while Halo games where 343i wants to try different gameplay (Halo Wars) or maybe focus on someone other than John (Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo 5 Guardians) can have a subtitle.
That way we kind of know what to expect and are more willing to like the game on its own merits.
You forgot Spartan series ;) (I enjoyed them).
Quote:
maybe focus on someone other than John (Halo 5 Guardians)
Because Halo 5 has "Guardians" on the title, I consider it non-cannon. If 343 wants me to make a Halo 5 game canon, make one without a subtitle. I mean... it could be, right?
  • Halo 6: Age of Cortana
  • Halo 6: Revenge of the Created
  • Halo 6: Osiris and the City of a Thousand Installations
  • Halo 6: Rise of the Prometheans
  • Halo 6: Spartan Runner 2559
And these require no modification,
  • Halo 6: Genisys
  • Halo 6: Infinity War
  • Halo 6: Alien: Covenant (So cool it doesn't care it has 2 colons)
I don't know if Halo 6 will have any title, but Halo 7 needs to have number 7 on it.
Halo 6 Return of the Forrunners
Halo 6: An even bigger dissapointment.
Halo 6: Reclamation

^ That looks pretty good.
If they give it a subtitle, "6" still needs to be in it somewhere. I think ALL main games need to have a number immediately after the word "Halo" to show that they are the primary Halo games, as opposed to spin offs like Halo Reach, ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, etc...
halo 6
I think Halo 6 is enough, but it's entirely up to them to decide what they want to add in the title.
According with 343i, every single main story Halo won't have numbers, instead a title like guardians, because they think a number is not attractive anymore
  • Halo 6: Age of Cortana
  • Halo 6: Revenge of the Created
  • Halo 6: Osiris and the City of a Thousand Installations
  • Halo 6: Rise of the Prometheans
  • Halo 6: Spartan Runner 2559
And these require no modification,
  • Halo 6: Genisys
  • Halo 6: Infinity War
  • Halo 6: Alien: Covenant (So cool it doesn't care it has 2 colons)
I chose rise of the prometheans, nice references m8
MKFREYA wrote:
According with 343i, every single main story Halo won't have numbers, instead a title like guardians, because they think a number is not attractive anymore
What makes you think that? Just because Halo 5 has Guardians in it doesn't mean they'll stop using numbers.
I don't know if Halo 6 will have any title, but Halo 7 needs to have number 7 on it.
i think if John's story ever ends, it HAS to be Halo 7. If it ain't 7, it ain't worthy.
MKFREYA wrote:
What makes you think that? Just because Halo 5 has Guardians in it doesn't mean they'll stop using numbers.
They say it, "maybe further Halo games don't have numbers" I don't remember if was an interview or just a text, however I chose numbers over titles
MKFREYA wrote:
MKFREYA wrote:
They say it, "maybe further Halo games don't have numbers" I don't remember if was an interview or just a text, however I chose numbers over titles
Wait, really? That can't be. Mainline games MUST have a number.
Halo 6: Independence Day
If they give it a subtitle, "6" still needs to be in it somewhere. I think ALL main games need to have a number immediately after the word "Halo" to show that they are the primary Halo games, as opposed to spin offs like Halo Reach, ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, etc...
Definitely ^^^
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2