Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

what would an energy sword do to you?

OP Thel Vadam4201

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have heard (and it makes sense) that when you get stabbed by an energy sword, you explode because the super heated plasma vaporizes your fluids causing them to explode very quickly basically making you explode.... is this true in the lore (pretty sure no) and should it??? I think it should....
If a skillet is hot enough, water on it beads up and dances around instead of instantly vaporizing. This is because the water molecules that vaporizes on contact creates a barrier between the hot skillet and the rest of the water.

A similar thing would happen with the energy sword through a person's body. It would burn/boil the flesh around the cut, but would not cause the person to explode.
JNDreher wrote:
If a skillet is hot enough, water on it beads up and dances around instead of instantly vaporizing. This is because the water molecules that vaporizes on contact creates a barrier between the hot skillet and the rest of the water.

A similar thing would happen with the energy sword through a person's body. It would burn/boil the flesh around the cut, but would not cause the person to explode.
Dang IT!! I wish they did :(

ah well. thanks. still a really cool weapon. know anything else cool about plasma weapons??
I believe it’s kind of like a Lightsaber. So it would boil the insides
I wish it blew people up :(

please don’t take that the wrong way
It's been described as deadly enough to slice ODSTs in half and gouge open Titanium-A armour. John narrowly avoided being killed with one in First Strike and it still resulted in static in his visor due to the intense heat along with the material of his MJOLNIR armour being sawed through. Needless to say you don't want to get attacked by one of those weapons.
Sedrin wrote:
It's been described as deadly enough to slice ODSTs in half and gouge open Titanium-A armour. John narrowly avoided being killed with one in First Strike and it still resulted in static in his visor due to the intense heat along with the material of his MJOLNIR armour being sawed through. Needless to say you don't want to get attacked by one of those weapons.
Yeah... I want one :)

Not going to lie if I slashed someone with a sword and they exploited, I'd die of laughter, double the laughter if Grunt Birthday Party is on.

Not going to lie if I slashed someone with a sword and they exploited, I'd die of laughter, double the laughter if Grunt Birthday Party is on.
yes, absolutely.
JNDreher wrote:

ah well. thanks. still a really cool weapon. know anything else cool about plasma weapons??
The Youtube channel "Hacksmith Industries" has a video where they test the cutting ability of a real-world Proto-Lightsaber.
It actually does a lot more setting on fire than it does cutting.

Interestingly enough, that's why the Covenant's Energy Projector/Ventral Beam includes super-accelerated particles to blast away the barrier that forms from the surface being vaporized, allowing more of the heat to get through to the rest of the material, increasing the effectiveness of the weapon.
JNDreher wrote:
JNDreher wrote:

The Youtube channel "Hacksmith Industries" has a video where they test the cutting ability of a real-world Proto-Lightsaber.
It actually does a lot more setting on fire than it does cutting.

Interestingly enough, that's why the Covenant's Energy Projector/Ventral Beam includes super-accelerated particles to blast away the barrier that forms from the surface being vaporized, allowing more of the heat to get through to the rest of the material, increasing the effectiveness of the weapon.
I love how Halo stuff is based in reality :)

so nice compared to Star Wars or Star Trek...
No idea, but it must hurt a lot as your insides vaporize, although in halo movies like Halo Forward Unto Dawn people are still alive for several seconds already impaled
No idea, but it must hurt a lot as your insides vaporize, although in halo movies like Halo Forward Unto Dawn people are still alive for several seconds already impaled
Halo movies haven’t been the best...
That's actually accurate. The idea of people instantly transitioning between being living and dead upon being wounded isn't true to reality.
Precautionary: example being put in a spoiler, because it's a bit morbid.

Spoiler:
Show
JNDreher wrote:
That's actually accurate. The idea of people instantly transitioning between being living and dead upon being wounded isn't true to reality.

Spoiler:
Show
That, is super odd. I always thought that you could were alive for a few seconds after beheading etc. And with body wounds, you will not instantly die because of shock (correct me if I’m wrong)
but say your head was blown off/up, you would instantly die
JNDreher wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
That, is super odd. I always thought that you could were alive for a few seconds after beheading etc. And with body wounds, you will not instantly die because of shock (correct me if I’m wrong)
Apart from getting blown up, I don't think there is an instant death, just quick and slow ones.
JNDreher wrote:
JNDreher wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
Apart from getting blown up, I don't think there is an instant death, just quick and slow ones.
Yeah. Well, time to spread the word. I always thought otherwise.
I just can't waitt till tech improves and we can make a plasma sword :)
It would kill me
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2