Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Whats the new SPARTAM-II's armor?

OP HipPainter007

So on the halo escalation issue 10 cover blue team are back in some new gear and now I'm curious what armor are they wearing?

I think these new armor's are different variants for the MKVII since the armor known as MJOLNIR [Gen 2] is a light weight armor mainly designed for SPARTAN-IV's since they could not carry as much weight as the SPARTAN-II's.

what do you guys think?
The Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide mentions that rumors suggest the Spartan-IIs still wear Mark VI armor in the field, but their missions are so top secret that this cannot be confirmed. It's possible they actually wear Mark VII because Naomi-010 was issued Mark VII in the Kilo-Five series. It's interesting though because her armor was officially Mark VII but she had it modeled after the old Mark V. If the Master Chief is wearing his old armor from Halo 2/3/4 then that means he is still wearing Mark VI but Cortana remodeled it after an old Mark IV variant.

Also, the armor being lighter doesn't mean it was designed for weaker Spartans. It just means the armor is lighter than the outgoing model. Naomi said the Mark VII was lighter than the Mark VI, it doesn't mean they gave it to her because she couldn't handle the weight of the VI. In fact some Spartan-IVs do where MJOLNIR Mark VI, so they can wear it.
Quote:
So on the halo escalation issue 10 cover blue team are back in some new gear and now I'm curious what armor are they wearing?

I think these new armor's are different variants for the MKVII since the armor known as MJOLNIR [Gen 2] is a light weight armor mainly designed for SPARTAN-IV's since they could not carry as much weight as the SPARTAN-II's.

The SIVs were augmented primarily to wear the armor. It is lighter due to better manufacturing techniques and materials. Like how the original 250MB "chip was nearly the size of a car but today it is tiny and costs less than 5 bucks.
It might as well have the same purpose as Raider.

That helmet Linda was wearing is a fair example.
Query Answer: Alert! Unable to contact zone commanders. Unable to initiate Domain link.

Awaiting command authority to release threat dynamic report for Human combat skin variants[ref: MJOLNIR].
Quote:
Query Answer: Alert! Unable to contact zone commanders. Unable to initiate Domain link.

Awaiting command authority to release threat dynamic report for Human combat skin variants[ref: MJOLNIR].
Very dramatic.
Quote:

"Domain"

So Catalog is a Forerunner AI of some kind keeping track of humanity post Halo 4. How else would it know about MK7, and who's "command authority" are you waiting on? Didacts?