Forums / Community / Halo Universe

When do you think we will hear of Team Omega?

OP BeastSprayz

So Team Omega was a team of Spartans that we first heard about in the original Halo Wars game (or at least in the trailer for the game). We know that Team Omega is a team of six Spartans that worked closely with Red Team (consisting of Jerome, Alice and Douglas).

We know that Team Omega had 3 named Spartans (Leon-011, Robert-025, August-099) and 3 unnamed Spartans listed on the Ark Outpost Database found by Red Team which was describing Team Omega’s composition in October 2558 (correct me if I’m wrong). So this brings the question of who are these other 3 Spartans, could they potentially be Spartan-IIIs, are they other Spartan-II washouts, or are they the original Spartan-IIs who were revived, augmented, and put into service with Team Omega all those years ago.

As a side note we can all but confirm that Team Omega are washout Spartan-IIs who died during the initial augmentation procedure in 2525. We can say this because Red Team (aboard the SoF) were washouts, who were at some point later revived, augmented and put into service. This is significant because washout Spartan-IIs (who were revived, augmented, and put back into service) were typically not allowed to fight alongside their fellow Spartan-IIs who did survive their augmentations, as it could mentally affect their performance seeing their once dead comrade alive, however there were a few times that this has happened. All this means that if Red Team were washouts, which they were, then we could say Team Omega were also washouts, as Red Team worked closely with them before Red Team left Arcadia aboard the Spirit of Fire.

With all of this summed up, it breaks down to the fact that we need more lore/information on Team Omega, and it’d be nice to see them in future Halo games (after Infinite).
So Team Omega was a team of Spartans that we first heard about in the original Halo Wars game (or at least in the trailer for the game). We know that Team Omega is a team of six Spartans that worked closely with Red Team (consisting of Jerome, Alice and Douglas).

We know that Team Omega had 3 named Spartans (Leon-011, Robert-025, August-099) and 3 unnamed Spartans listed on the Ark Outpost Database found by Red Team which was describing Team Omega’s composition in October 2558 (correct me if I’m wrong). So this brings the question of who are these other 3 Spartans, could they potentially be Spartan-IIIs, are they other Spartan-II washouts, or are they the original Spartan-IIs who were revived, augmented, and put into service with Team Omega all those years ago.

As a side note we can all but confirm that Team Omega are washout Spartan-IIs who died during the initial augmentation procedure in 2525. We can say this because Red Team (aboard the SoF) were washouts, who were at some point later revived, augmented and put into service. This is significant because washout Spartan-IIs (who were revived, augmented, and put back into service) were typically not allowed to fight alongside their fellow Spartan-IIs who did survive their augmentations, as it could mentally affect their performance seeing their once dead comrade alive, however there were a few times that this has happened. All this means that if Red Team were washouts, which they were, then we could say Team Omega were also washouts, as Red Team worked closely with them before Red Team left Arcadia aboard the Spirit of Fire.

With all of this summed up, it breaks down to the fact that we need more lore/information on Team Omega, and it’d be nice to see them in future Halo games (after Infinite).
In games? Probably not,in books or comics most likely

We did see them in Halo Wars though, so it’s not entirely unlikely.
I'm not sure we'll see them again. I would assume they were recalled to Reach, unless otherwise stated someplace else. I'd love to see them again though. Or Gray Team, probably still doing deep asymmetric warfare on Covenant holdouts, Insurrectionist groups, maybe even the odd Forerunner facility. It'd be nice if either team showed up, or at least got a mention in Infinite or supporting literature.

We did see them in Halo Wars though, so it’s not entirely unlikely.
I thought you meant besides halo wars
Zachu511 wrote:
I'm not sure we'll see them again. I would assume they were recalled to Reach, unless otherwise stated someplace else. I'd love to see them again though. Or Gray Team, probably still doing deep asymmetric warfare on Covenant holdouts, Insurrectionist groups, maybe even the odd Forerunner facility. It'd be nice if either team showed up, or at least got a mention in Infinite or supporting literature.
I don't think they were recalled to Reach actually. The Spartan-II washouts that were re-trained and re-augmented were kinda kept secret from the ones that graduated on time to avoid any awkward conversations or psychological issues that might come from that. Naomi-010 was shocked to see Serin Osman again (though she wasn't re-augmented). I also think it would have been prudent of the UNSC to hold back a few Spartans in case the hypothetical Red Flag didn't work out.

Either way, I definitely want to see them again. Would be kinda cool if there was an HW3 that brought the Spirit of Fire back into the fold of human controlled space so Omega Team could join up with Red Team again.
Zachu511 wrote:
I don't think they were recalled to Reach actually. The Spartan-II washouts that were re-trained and re-augmented were kinda kept secret from the ones that graduated on time to avoid any awkward conversations or psychological issues that might come from that. Naomi-010 was shocked to see Serin Osman again (though she wasn't re-augmented). I also think it would have been prudent of the UNSC to hold back a few Spartans in case the hypothetical Red Flag didn't work out.

Either way, I definitely want to see them again. Would be kinda cool if there was an HW3 that brought the Spirit of Fire back into the fold of human controlled space so Omega Team could join up with Red Team again.
Agreed, I would like to see Halo Wars reintegrated into the Halo main story, so to speak, even just in passing. Some acknowledgement of some kind.
They are in Halo Wars 2 as a ultimate power for Jerome.
xandy92 wrote:
They are in Halo Wars 2 as a ultimate power for Jerome.
That appearance is not canon. I’m talking about a canon appearance that I’d like to see them featured in.
I think we are going to see those spartans in the books
I think we are going to see those spartans in the books
I personally don’t care what form of media it appears in, as long as we see them. They are rather undeveloped (on the level of the Spartan-III program), that we know some info but there is much more to cover. If I’m going to be honest, even if we get a Canon Fodder article on them, I’d be happy.