Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Where's Kelly, Fred, and Linda in Halo CE?

OP Marve1vsCapcom

Where are they now from the beginning in Halo CE?
Kelly and Fred are trapped on reach with several other Spartan 2s and Linda is in cryo after receiving fatal injuries. More info can be found in fall of reach and first strike.
I'm not sure about Kelly and Fred, but I believe Linda was actually ABOARD the Pillar of Autumn during the Campaign of Installation-04. I believe in the books, Chief jettisoned her into the rings orbit before he actually left the ship in the Bumblebee and then managed to find her before he left as it blew up. From there, he I think went back to Reach to find any survivors from the initial fall of Reach before returning to Earth allowing Halsey to perform life saving surgery on Linda.

I would suggest just reading the books, you'll find them far more accurate than asking questions on the forums.
Staying aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvee!!!!

Linda was ejected in a cryo pod in orbit around the halo, after the mission to wipe nav data on a docked prowler resulted in her getting fatally injured.

Fred and Kelly were part of the last members of resistance on Reach with a handful of other IIs, Dr Halsey and a few officers of HighCom. They all reunited when MC and the survivors of Halo CE went back to Reach, picked them up and initiated Operation First Strike before returning to Earth.

In a nutshell.
Fred and Kelly were trapped on Onyx.

Linda was clinically dead after receiving fatal injuries from plasma fire, with one blast having hit the back of her skull. She was put in a cryo-chamber to preserve her and later revive her when professional medical personnel were available. When the Autumn came under attack, her pod was launched into space and floated around the ring for days until the ring's eventual destruction. Cortana managed to pick up Linda's signal, along with 2 other pods, however, those 2 pods suffered some issues and the occupants did not survive. Linda would only be revived aboard the UNSC Gettysburg by Dr.Halsey, who also performed surgery on her to replace her kidneys and liver with flash-cloned ones, just a few days before Operation: First Strike.

Threw a little bonus in there =P.
Wrong. Fred and Kelly were still on Reach during the events of Halo CE, along with the rest of Blue Team minus Linda, who as many (and yourself) have pointed out, was indeed on-board the Pillar of Autumn in cryostasis due to injuries sustained at Reach. They only reunited with John-117 after he returned to Reach on-board the Ascendant Justice and the raid on Menachite Mountain's Forerunner installation. After which the remaining Spartan-IIs find and blow up the Unyielding Hierophant and finally return to Earth. They are not on Cairo Station when the Prophet of Regret's fleet stumbles onto Earth, and are instead tasked to defending several different locations on the planet and disrupting Covenant operations.

The events on Onyx occur two weeks after The Prophet of Regret leaves Earth and In Amber Clad follows him to Installation 05. During this time, Blue Team is tasked with securing nuclear weapons from Brutes that are attempting to steal them at the Centennial Orbital Elevator in Havana when they receive the order to head to Onyx. They then seize a Covenant ship and use it to travel to Onyx due to the faster Slipspace speeds Covenant ships have. They remain on Onyx for the remainder of the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3 with the surviving Spartan-IIIs that were training there.
Wrong. Fred and Kelly were still on Reach during the events of Halo CE, along with the rest of Blue Team minus Linda, who as many (and yourself) have pointed out, was indeed on-board the Pillar of Autumn in cryostasis due to injuries sustained at Reach. They only reunited with John-117 after he returned to Reach on-board the Ascendant Justice and the raid on Menachite Mountain's Forerunner installation. After which the remaining Spartan-IIs find and blow up the Unyielding Hierophant and finally return to Earth. They are not on Cairo Station when the Prophet of Regret's fleet stumbles onto Earth, and are instead tasked to defending several different locations on the planet and disrupting Covenant operations.

The events on Onyx occur two weeks after The Prophet of Regret leaves Earth and In Amber Clad follows him to Installation 05. During this time, Blue Team is tasked with securing nuclear weapons from Brutes that are attempting to steal them at the Centennial Orbital Elevator in Havana when they receive the order to head to Onyx. They then seize a Covenant ship and use it to travel to Onyx due to the faster Slipspace speeds Covenant ships have. They remain on Onyx for the remainder of the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3 with the surviving Spartan-IIIs that were training there.
Hey, hey, calm down now. I know about all that. Just a typo, had Onyx on my mind and both ideas crossed.
They’re on Reach, and Linda floating in Space.