Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Who are the Nelkrons?

OP Scarlet Stab

I remember hearing theories on the internet that the new enemies in Halo 4 (who turned out to be Prometheans) were this race called the Nelkrons? Are they part of the lore? A scrapped race Bungie made? What is their history, I've never heard of them before. I just noticed circa 2012 ( I wasn't a big Halo fan back then) there were a bunch of forums on IGN, Gamespot, Bungie.net talking about them and that they might be in Halo 4.

"Nelkrons" thats kind of a funny name haha. Canon, scrapped, or non-canon? I really have no idea if they were just rumors or what.
I remember hearing theories on the internet that the new enemies in Halo 4 (who turned out to be Prometheans) were this race called the Nelkrons? Are they part of the lore? A scrapped race Bungie made? What is their history, I've never heard of them before. I just noticed circa 2012 ( I wasn't a big Halo fan back then) there were a bunch of forums on IGN, Gamespot, Bungie.net talking about them and that they might be in Halo 4.

"Nelkrons" thats kind of a funny name haha. Canon, scrapped, or non-canon? I really have no idea if they were just rumors or what.
It was a fabricated rumor.
Yeah, it was just some fake thing a guy on Bungie.net made up and decided to spread around. He claimed that reading the books in a certain order would shed light on them, yet he never said how to do so and even gave page numbers that did not exist in certain books.
I'm assuming the guy was just basing the name off of the Necrons, a 'race' of robots from warhammer 40k who are effectively composed too.

Come to think of it, the new Promethean Soldier kind of rocks the necron vibe even harder.
Yeah, it was just some fake thing a guy on Bungie.net made up and decided to spread around. He claimed that reading the books in a certain order would shed light on them, yet he never said how to do so and even gave page numbers that did not exist in certain books.
I love those kinda things haha,

Like Mario 64 "L is real" or "How to unlock Waluigi in the DS version".

So fake, yet so funny xD
Yeah, I have never heard of Nelkrons in my life.
Whereas the Necrons are even more stupid.
Canon, scrapped, or non-canon? I really have no idea if they were just rumors or what.
Query Answer: No such object or entity.
Quote:
Canon, scrapped, or non-canon? I really have no idea if they were just rumors or what.
Welp, there's your answer. Kind of a waste of a Catalog post but it's nice to know it's still hanging around.
Quote:
Thanks for the info Catalog!