OP Conor5017

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Just a quick question thanks.
Physically stronger? Probably roughly even due to augments but I'd still favor the IIs.

Who's the better soldiers? Undeniably IIs.
Spartan IIs
The IVs are nothing without their armor
Without armor the Spartan-II's would destroy the Spartan-IV's as if they were simply normal humans.

With armor, the Spartan-II's and Spartan-IV's are nearly identical with a slight edge given to the Spartan-II's.
Spartan IIs
The IVs are nothing without their armour
I wouldn't say they're nothing, just nowhere near as good as the IIs or IIIs. They're still formidable special operations soldiers.

When wearing mjolnir armour, the two Spartan generations are equal in terms of physical abilities. When unarmoured, the IIs would wipe the floor with the IVs.
I think we all know that the obvious answer is the Spartan III's. Those dudes go in knowing it is highly unlikely that they'll survive.
Luke Del wrote:
Spartan IIs

I wouldn't say they're nothing, just nowhere near as good as the IIs or IIIs. They're still formidable special operations soldiers.

When wearing mjolnir armour, the two Spartan generations are equal in terms of physical abilities. When unarmoured, the IIs would wipe the floor with the IVs.
IIs will wipe the floor in or out of armor. IIIs would wipe IVs also. Each generation of Spartans has gotten progressively worse but at least IIIs were close. IVs are just ODSTs with shields as far as I'm concerned.
Luke Del wrote:
Spartan IIs

IIs will wipe the floor in or out of armor. IIIs would wipe IVs also. Each generation of Spartans has gotten progressively worse but at least IIIs were close. IVs are just ODSTs with shields as far as I'm concerned.

Luke Del wrote:
Spartan IIs

Your point reinforced mine which was "The armor makes S-IVs".

We have comics on this. Palmer doesn't start acting badass and hitting objects (which she does as a form of display) until after the armor is given to her.

Spartan IIs don't need their armor to be Spartans. The Gen 2 armor's vast superiority is a cover for the S-IVs lack of powerful augmentations and training.
I think SII genetics need to be taken into account as well, they surpassed even Halsey's highest expectations after their augmentations. Even with the same augmentations the results would be better for the SII's the fact they were administered during puberty would also improve the results. There's still no explanation for why the SIV's are so tall considering the fact that their augmentations were given when they were adults and their growth plates were already closed
in armour they are equal however without armour the S-IIs are stronger due to having internal mechanical augmentations that the S-IVs don't.
Spartan IIs
this is not true. The S-IVs have significant improvements made to muscle and bone strength. they also have mental augmentations allowing them to process information much faster than a normal person. additionally S-IVs have a lung augmentation unique tho that generation that allows them to survive in more hostile atmospheres and can even breath in methane atmospheres for over an hour.
Quote:
in armour they are equal however without armour the S-IIs are stronger
The armor only enhances whatever current strength is had. So again,proving my point.

Quote:
this is not true. The S-IVs have significant improvements made to muscle and bone strength. they also have mental augmentations allowing them to process information much faster than a normal person. additionally S-IVs have a lung augmentation unique tho that generation that allows them to survive in more hostile atmospheres and can even breath in methane atmospheres for over an hour.
Notice how those aren't anywhere near the amount of augs given to the S-IIs and aren't purely combat based.
The S-IVs augs are clearly done so the person can wear power armor unlike the S-IIs.
Like, the points you people give reinforce mine and it isn't like this stuff isn't seen/gone over in the comics.

The S-IVs augs are clearly done so the person can wear power armor unlike the S-IIs.

Not really sure what your point is here. What does it matter if the Spartan-IVs were augmented with MJOLNIR in mind? It's not like this wasn't the case with the Spartan-IIs:

Quote:

"Because of this UNSC-wide mobilization," Vice Admiral Stanforth continued, "your training schedule will be accelerated to its final phase: Project MJOLNIR."

The MJOLNIR Project was developed in tandem with the Spartan-II Program, so it's not unlikely that their augmentations and their desired outcome was influenced by MJOLNIR as well. It's not like Halsey was just COINCIDENTALLY working on a suit of powered armor that only her super soldiers could utilize. Judging from Stanforth's dialogue, it's clear that MJOLNIR was essentially the "endgame" for the Spartan-II Program.

Besides, Spartan-IVs are weaker because that's what Frankie said. Don't really need anymore than that.

Quote:
We have comics on this. Palmer doesn't start acting badass and hitting objects (which she does as a form of display) until after the armor is given to her.
Palmer goes head to head with a Brute Chieftain before she's augmented in Issue #1, and she strikes a Marine with her pistol in Issue #2, (in nothing but Spartan undies) as well as being the only one to actually complete the training mission.

That last bit really pisses me off. I mean, these six Spartan-IV candidates are SUPPOSED to be seasoned veterans, not hot-headed teenagers ONI picked off the street. You'd think they'd actually know how to use fireteam tactics, or something.
I think SII genetics need to be taken into account as well, they surpassed even Halsey's highest expectations after their augmentations. Even with the same augmentations the results would be better for the SII's the fact they were administered during puberty would also improve the results. There's still no explanation for why the SIV's are so tall considering the fact that their augmentations were given when they were adults and their growth plates were already closed
Maybe they was already tall? Like being 6'3-6'5? This would explain why Spartan Ray,Hoya,Demarco and Locke are 7'0-7'1.

Maybe they was already tall? Like being 6'3-6'5? This would explain why Spartan Ray,Hoya,Demarco and Locke are 7'0-7'1.
There's a... grueling procedure that exists today where someone can gain some height. Basically, you get both of your legs broken in multiple places (basically, both of your legs get smashed into separate sections), and a telescopic rod is placed in both legs, in hopes that the bones heal over it, and give the person like two of three extra inches, as the rod extends and stretches the legs a millimeter each day.
Spartan IVs are ODSTs on steroids with armour. Spartan IIs were Spartans since early childhood, with S-117 and S-052 being Spartan II beasts. (Chief and Jorge, respectively.)
Spartan IIs made it so seeing a Spartan was rare, and something really special. S IVs aren't special, and a reason Halo is not what it once was.
Well the spartan 4s do have bone augmentations. its possible these also increase their size.
Quote:
Not really sure what your point is here. What does it matter if the Spartan-IVs were augmented with MJOLNIR in mind? It's not like this wasn't the case with the Spartan-IIs:
Yes the S-IIs were augmented with power armor in mind, that is gone over in Halsey's Journal,novels, and not to mention the programs point.

The Spartans were only enhanced by their armor,it isn't depended on,unlike the S-IVs.

Which questions the term "Spartan" as it seems to be the armor which is a Spartan now,not the user themselves.
Quote:
it's clear that MJOLNIR was essentially the "endgame" for the Spartan-II Program.
I already knew and have been talking about this?

Quote:
Palmer goes head to head with a Brute Chieftain before she's augmented in Issue #1, and she strikes a Marine with her pistol in Issue #2, (in nothing but Spartan undies) as well as being the only one to actually complete the training mission.
You know that Brute scene was absolute BS which doesn't line up with anything in-canon. That was just to make Palmer look "badass".

Yea,she beats a Brute Chieftain *rolls eyes* but loses to Marines directly after the augmentation process.
And missed a rather clear shot at Halsey
Don't recall Spartans ever missing a shot within the original novels and the only known instance was "Uprising" with John trying to kill Truth.

She missed a shot with the helmet on.
I'm wondering, since the gen II Mjolnir system is to make up for the Spartan IV's lack of better augmentations etc, if this Gen II were given to Chief, what the outcome would be?
I'm wondering, since the gen II Mjolnir system is to make up for the Spartan IV's lack of better augmentations etc, if this Gen II were given to Chief, what the outcome would be?
the gen II armour isn't to make up for a lack of augmentation is is an alternative to it. the S-IIs mechanical augmentations were painful and very risky. also if you want to decommission a spar ten you have to go through an equally painful and risky operation to remove them. the S-IV project moved the mechanical augmentations to the armour. this is cheaper, much lower risk, does not require painful and invasive surgery and is a lot easier to fix if something goes wrong or to upgrade if better tech becomes available.

bot to answer you question is quite possible that the gen II armour would not mix well with the pre-existing mechanical augmentations of the S-IIs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6