1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Linda-058
Uhh she's alive mate lmfao. Unless you meant her being clinically dead during the fall of Reach.
Boi look at the earlier thread, and yes that's what I referred too before...(Side note, don't critique what someone is stating when you explain it for yourself and answer it "lmfao".)
Linda-058
Wait what? When did this happen?

For me Kurt, Johnson, Cortana, and Noble Six are the most upsetting although there are probably others I can't remember right now.
KingOfD0p3 wrote:

For me Kurt, Johnson, Cortana, and Noble Six are the most upsetting although there are probably others I can't remember right now.
I don't think Linda is dead
Linda-058 died rather was clinically dead. Later resuscitated by Halsey. Source Novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.
When I was a lot younger and read through Fall of Reach I was a lot younger.
Noble Team, Kurt-051, and SPARTAN III, Alpha Company (especially Fireteam Wolf Pack).
Linda-058

KingOfD0p3 wrote:
Linda-058

I don't think Linda is dead
Linda-058 died rather was clinically dead. Later resuscitated by Halsey. Source Novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.
Currently reading that book. Kind of made me confused after reading Fall of Reach and seeing her alive in Halo 5, but then I saw she was good in First Strike and now everything is good. Good on them for tying up loose ends.
For me it was between Sergeant Johnson and Cortana. Obviously with Cortana being back, it's no longer upsetting but still upsets me when I watch the scene where she does die.
Miranda Keyes from Halo 3. She almost killed her friend at his request! Johnson told her too and she hesitated, resulting in a possible ring activation. And she was killed by that lankey old fart Truth! Not to mention she was Dr. Halsey's daughter. I wonder if Halsey even knows or cares she is dead.
Rosemints wrote:
Miranda Keyes from Halo 3. She almost killed her friend at his request! Johnson told her too and she hesitated, resulting in a possible ring activation. And she was killed by that lankey old fart Truth! Not to mention she was Dr. Halsey's daughter. I wonder if Halsey even knows or cares she is dead.
Miranda’s death hit me the most as well. Dr. Halsey does know of Miranda’s death. I think she was told shortly after Kilo-5 arrested her from ONYX.
Kurt's death from Ghosts of Onyx was the saddest (albeit badass), but if we are talking about games, Johnson's was the most upsetting. Noble Team (Noble Six in particular) takes a close second.
Sgt Johnson :(
I'd have to say Avery Johnson just because of his bad -Yoink- quotes and ballsy persona. Him and the Chief were a great team.
Upsetting as in made you mad, or upsetting as in it emotionally impacted you? Kat's death is rather lazy in the writing department. The most impactful death has got to be Cortana's. That scene was wonderfully performed and it hit Chief the hardest.
In the books, there are some sad but great scenes of sacrifice. Kurt, the governor in Halo: Envoy, I forget the guy, but:
Spoiler:
Show
hmmm...Serin Osman's father in The Thursday War. The hardest to watch will be John-117's sacrifice, if that's the route 343 take later.
All of Noble Team
I'm still upset that Kurt S-051, didn't wear his Mjolnir but wore his SPI armor. I think this led to his death, I know it works well for the story for him to die and it is one death that I think was done extremely well. But I still wish he hadn't died.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish Kat and Jorge could've been more fleshed out. I mean, Jorge died because the timer was fried, but didn't we defend the pelican? Also, why were Spartan IIIs, meant to be the stealthy ones, so careless in moving, which got Kat killed. They literally could have hugged the wall!
Kat, from Noble Team. She died a very unremarkable death, unplanned, no sacrifice, just wrong place, wrong time.
Johnson and Noble Team
jul, for the simple reason they built him up so nicely and then ended him in the first mission on halo 5 IN A CUTSCENE of all things
Jorge, because as Carter said: “He just gave his life thinking he saved the planet.”
I'm sure deaths like the Rookie or Black Team are going to be a common answer due to the controversy surrounding their deaths.

I know people often defend New Blood's choice of killing off the Rookie by saying that the dude is just a blank slate for the player to inhabit, but I think the Rookie's death, Mickey's subsequent betrayal, and the complete removal of Buck's proposal to Dare all play into how insulting New Blood feels to anyone who enjoyed ODST. It's hard not to feel like a game you enjoyed is retroactively tainted when you now learn that the Rookie will die unceremoniously in a few years time, Mickey will turn traitor, and Buck and Dare will be robbed of the happy ending promised to them by the story of ODST.

It's ironic, in a way. If fans didn't clamor for Alpha-Nine to return, then we would have had to been content with assuming that Buck and Dare were happily married, Dutch returned to his wife, and Romeo would probably continue to hit on women no matter how much trouble he got himself into. And the Rookie would probably be off on subsequent adventures that could only ever exist in the fans' imagination.

But since fans couldn't let Alpha-Nine go, the squad ended up being torn to shreds for the sake of explaining why Buck was all by himself in Osiris with no one else from Alpha-Nine in sight. It is then funny how following Halo 5's reception, Bad Blood does everything in its power to undo the events of New Blood, and reform Alpha-Nine. Barring bringing the Rookie back to life, of course. Although some could say that Mickey being allowed back into the UNSC and Buck's good graces after everything he's done is equally as ridiculous.
Raia 'Mdama. I hadn't been that personally smacked by feels since certain Harry Potter deaths. I actually closed the book and had a lone moment of silence when she went out. Such a strong and brave mother and wife (not to mention putting up with Jul's shenanigans, oh boy.).
That's a cracking shout right there.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
That's also quite the shout - and I like how much emphasis is placed on that in the sequel.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6