Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Why didnt the UNSC use bio weapons?

OP Benchimus Prime

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Even if, hypothetically, ONI did develop a perfect bio weapon during the war that could kill a select number of Covenant species. Where would they deploy it? By the end of the war, humanity was basically down to just Earth, they certainly wouldn't be gassing there. Really, the Covenant had the perfect strategy for humanity. They forced them on a constantly defensive war. They didn't even attempt to keep human territory unless there were Forerunner artifacts on it. They just glassed it and moved on, meaning there was nothing the UNSC could use as leverage against the Covenant. If Halsey's journal, she even remarks during the war how humanity knows so little about them, even after years of conflict.

The closest the UNSC got was the Nova Bomb gambit that Whitecomb came up with...it kind of worked...although I'm guessing the target that was destroyed was not exactly what Whitecomb was hoping for.
Didn't they use Bio Weapons in Glasslands?
Sweawm8836 wrote:
Post-War, this is explained that the UNSC never got good enough grasp of the Covenant species to develop proper Bio-Weapons. At one point, ONI was researching the Flood virus after Installation 04 (but whoever thinks they can control the Flood is obviously mad or stupid)

Post-War, the UNSC does have a Bio-Weapon that could wipe out probably nearly all of the Sangheili, but for ONI to deploy that, it would need the consent of the UNSC Security Council, and Lord Hood is set on honoring the treaty.
In a possibly dangerous situation, such as a full on war with the Sangheili again, ONI would unleash their new collection of Bio-Weapons.
I'm pretty sure that ONI has already demonstrated a complete and utter lack of regard for higher authority, and I heavily doubt that anyone outside ONI even knows about that bio-weapon.
Sweawm8836 wrote:
Post-War, this is explained that the UNSC never got good enough grasp of the Covenant species to develop proper Bio-Weapons. At one point, ONI was researching the Flood virus after Installation 04 (but whoever thinks they can control the Flood is obviously mad or stupid)

Post-War, the UNSC does have a Bio-Weapon that could wipe out probably nearly all of the Sangheili, but for ONI to deploy that, it would need the consent of the UNSC Security Council, and Lord Hood is set on honoring the treaty.
In a possibly dangerous situation, such as a full on war with the Sangheili again, ONI would unleash their new collection of Bio-Weapons.
I'm pretty sure that ONI has already demonstrated a complete and utter lack of regard for higher authority, and I heavily doubt that anyone outside ONI even knows about that bio-weapon.
And lets not forget the Asteroida mess on Argent Moon.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
So umm guys you are right but this original post is from 2013 prior to the addition to many of these stories to the Halo lore. So... Yeah you are arguing with people who have only made it to Halo 4.

That is all. Please continue.
To use a biological weapon effectively, you would need a Covenant held planet to use it on. But if you’re going that far, you might as well just use a NOVA Bomb, I mean that’s what Gray Team did to Glyke. It turned out to be pretty effective too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2