1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
They are my favorite since they act more "human"

Post why you like or dislike S4's.
I don't hate them. I mean I don't necessarily like them, but they are getting better at what they do. I also try and look at each individual person in each Spartan suit, because judging them as a whole is just wrong.
Because some of them are arrogant, example palmer
I am the only person who loves how sassy Palmer is.

Some people just don't like a woman with a bit of spunk.
I lost all respect for her when she tried to assassinate halsey, shes a puppet, not a spartan
Spartan IVs are amazing.
I lost all respect for her when she tried to assassinate halsey, shes a puppet, not a spartan
No. She's a soldier, not a rogue loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules and always gets her man. In all seriousness, she was given an order and attempted to carry it out. That gains her points in my book. It's her job. Takes a bad trooper to disregard orders from higher up. Without a chain of command, military doesn't work. What kind of example would Palmer set if she disobeyed orders and expected the other S-IVs to obey her? That wouldn't work out. I guarantee it.

No. She's a soldier, not a rogue loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules and always gets her man. In all seriousness, she was given an order and attempted to carry it out. That gains her points in my book. It's her job. Takes a bad trooper to disregard orders from higher up. Without a chain of command, military doesn't work. What kind of example would Palmer set if she disobeyed orders and expected the other S-IVs to obey her? That wouldn't work out. I guarantee it.
You can't really use orders as an excuse, just look at how well that whole "I was just following orders" malarkey worked at the Nuremberg Trials during World War II. And in almost all modern militaries with nations like the U.K. and the U.S. soldiers are called to disobey orders when following through with them would be violating the law or be a war crime, a good soldier does not roboticly follow orders and just do whatever they're told.

And besides the main reason why the whole "just following orders" excuse especially doesn't work for Palmer is because it's not even true. Apparently the whole "orders are orders"/"just following orders BS only applies to the ones that Palmer actually wants to follow. She sets a horrid example all across the board, following only the orders she agrees with and violating both the law and the military's chain of command just because a superior ordered it (but only because it's what she's wanted to do all along). So, do you approve of soldiers breaking the law and being insubordinate just because they're ordered to and are just following said orders? Because that is pretty much what you're saying here.
I don't really hate the spartan IVs... their occasional unprofessionalism is irritating however. But I suppose that could be the norm in some military units as well.

You can't really use orders as an excuse, just look at how well that whole "I was just following orders" malarkey worked at the Nuremberg Trials during World War II. And in almost all modern militaries with nations like the U.K. and the U.S. soldiers are called to disobey orders when following through with them would be violating the law or be a war crime, a good soldier does not roboticly follow orders and just do whatever they're told.

And besides the main reason why the whole "just following orders" excuse especially doesn't work for Palmer is because it's not even true. Apparently the whole "orders are orders"/"just following orders BS only applies to the ones that Palmer actually wants to follow. She sets a horrid example all across the board, following only the orders she agrees with and violating both the law and the military's chain of command just because a superior ordered it (but only because it's what she's wanted to do all along). So, do you approve of soldiers breaking the law and being insubordinate just because they're ordered to and are just following said orders? Because that is pretty much what you're saying here.
You're comparing her executing Halsey to... a war crime here. Are you saying that they're out of their jurisdiction to order Halsey's death? I don't recall a specific event where Palmer disobeyed orders and only did what she agreed with instead. Even if that were the case, there are some thing people just don't do, soldier or not, like you said. Morality and war crimes and law and all that. Regardless, I don't see how that applies here.

I cant recall Palmer ever violating the military chain of command. Especially since you say she violated it just because a superior ordered her to. I don't get that. If she's being given orders by a superior, then she's maintaining that order, not violating it.
yea to be fair, palmer was ordered by a senior admiral to execute a civilian who is under military law. palmer does not have the benefit we do of knowing halsey's personal story. Is halsey getting screwed over a bit? yea, but she did in fact break unsc law a few times, and it does kinda look like she purposefully allowed for the infinity to be boarded—aka treason. so is palmer a lil overzealous? maybe, but she is not in the wrong
People seem to want to judge them all based on a few who act like idiots (Palmer specifically).
they don't act like spartans, they act like marines and that personality made a lot of people not like them.
Because some of them are arrogant, example palmer
She "changed in halo escalation" now she's more realistic

and the spartans are more human more social which we know was a problem in the past according to h4 prologue.
When the most powerful human alive tells you to kill an sassy old lady who supposedly abducted children and "experimented" on them, and is generally demonized. The answer is a no brainer.

You forget we have a nice view of Halsey, unlike most people who only know here from ONI's smear campaign.
steele330 wrote:
When the most powerful human alive tells you to kill an sassy old lady who supposedly abducted children and "experimented" on them, and is generally demonized. The answer is a no brainer.

You forget we have a nice view of Halsey, unlike most people who only know here from ONI's smear campaign.
And also proceeds to subvert a military AI, contacts the enemy. And what happens a few after she contacts the enemy? Promethean invasion. A lot of things might be punishable by death without need of trial.

Takes a bad trooper to disregard orders from higher up.
Um, so Master Chief disobeying Del Rio's orders in H4 makes him a bad trooper, eh?
I like the Spartan IV's. I don't judge the whole branch based on a few Spartans I don't like. Sure, I dislike Palmer because she's Reckless, endangers people, and so on. But i don't dislike every Spartan IV because of it.
She is also a Military soldier who has a duty to follow orders.

You can say "You don't always have to follow orders" or "disobey on moral grounds"...but that is not how it works in the real world. In the real world, if a soldier "grew" a conscious and said "no, I am not going to follow my orders and eliminate this target, despite it coming from the highest levels of the military"...their career is over and they end up in jail, possibly even executed. There is nothing wrong with Palmer following her orders to eliminate Halsey. She did the right thing by following her orders. Spartans are meant to follow orders. Spartans were puppets. They were trained to be perfectly loyal.

Palmer deserves the same level of respect as all the other Spartan IVs.

With that said, I personally dislike Spartan IVs because they feel cheap. They are far too public, and there is nothing ominous about them. They are not mythical and they are not special. They are just another Military branch now. I dislike them for their publicity.

She is also a Military soldier who has a duty to follow orders.

You can say "You don't always have to follow orders" or "disobey on moral grounds"...but that is not how it works in the real world. In the real world, if a soldier "grew" a conscious and said "no, I am not going to follow my orders and eliminate this target, despite it coming from the highest levels of the military"...their career is over and they end up in jail, possibly even executed. There is nothing wrong with Palmer following her orders to eliminate Halsey. She did the right thing by following her orders. Spartans are meant to follow orders. Spartans were puppets. They were trained to be perfectly loyal.

Palmer deserves the same level of respect as all the other Spartan IVs.

With that said, I personally dislike Spartan IVs because they feel cheap. They are far too public, and there is nothing ominous about them. They are not mythical and they are not special. They are just another Military branch now. I dislike them for their publicity.
And if the illegal order ever became public, the person who ordered it would probably be punished as well.

Besides, the order to assassinate Halsey wasn't even Palmer's to follow. HER orders were to stand down, but she disobeyed them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34