Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Why does Cheif still use a flashlight?

OP UndividedCarp51

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
In CE the flashlight may have been an OK tool (although not sure why 26th century tech couldn't get a longer lasting battery). However, we've seen improvements to the flashlight with night vision as seen in ODST and Halo Reach. Which begs the question why is Chief still using a low-tech flashlight in Halo 5? I would hope he'd have upgraded by now. May he still uses a flip-phone too?
maybe he does use a flip phone but a flash light is chief thing and remember what palmer said in halo nobody tells the chief what to do so maybe he likes to keep his flash light or 343 likes the flash light
Why is this even a forum is the real question lol
IBoom wrote:
Cause he's master cheap
Ha-ha!
night vision goggles can malfunction, too much of a liability, best to have a trusty flashlight just in case....
I'll have you know chief used Iphones to power his flashlight in H1. His armour is made out of Nokia 3310's too
What if he was lighting the way for a group of other soldiers, or if his visor cracked? Of course the time limit is simply gameplay.
MixIsLive wrote:
Because i before e except after c
the scary thing is, i was just humming that before i saw this comment
He is scared of the dark.
he's hardcore. Non of that fancy stuff 4th generation kids like
As far as I know, his Gen 2 armor does have VISR capabilities, but that doesn't mean a flashlight is totally useless. Some situations may still call for basic lighting. An considering an LED light would be super easy to install in such high-tech armor, why not include it?
J0b R wrote:
Maybe its a video game and it just helps to see
That makes sense. I imagine you don't work for the government. It really is just a seeing thing, night vision in games works but it just isn't the same.
In CE the flashlight may have been an OK tool (although not sure why 26th century tech couldn't get a longer lasting battery). However, we've seen improvements to the flashlight with night vision as seen in ODST and Halo Reach. Which begs the question why is Chief still using a low-tech flashlight in Halo 5? I would hope he'd have upgraded by now. May he still uses a flip-phone too?
because he can
LUKEPOWA wrote:
He's reliving his days as a rent-a-cop.
I literally lol'd to this...lol
Chief is an old school guy.
There's flashlights in Halo 5?
I thin they should update his flashlight to be more effective but if they don't want to I personally am okay with it because if you are going against the flood in a mission it can add to that horror-zombie like vibe or mood.
Because flash lights cool..
Idk that is weird.
night vision goggles can malfunction, too much of a liability, best to have a trusty flashlight just in case....
very true
I wish that the flash light can be uses in MP
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10