Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Why the heck are Thel's covenant wearing H4 armor?

OP JJAB91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:
ArtooFeva wrote:
This is really nitpicky to me. This campaign looks huge yet people are concerned about armor. It could just be said that the armor is standardized.
The reason? Likely time and resources. Compared to all the awesome things we saw in the trailers I don't think the armor differentiation between the elites is or should be a huge priority.
This is the Universe section these are the things that concern us not if the BR or AR is OP... If you knew your lore you would know the armor is not standardized and is the Storm combat harness, worn by lowest-ranking Sangheili in the modern Covenant. House of Theo Vadam is not of the Covenant this is why we are nip picking. The explanation could be as simple as these guys are Jul defector as they are red and white, colours of loyalty to the arbiter (hunters in the Dark). It could far more annoying in that this is now the Elite majors new look creating the dreaded "question of is this artistic or canon" that will plague the forum like the black death till halo 6 or official word is made.
Really? Then who is Theo Vadam? ;-
Didnt you now Sanghellios was in Greece Grim? :P
I'm Greek. lol.
Lol i was kidding btw, not being racist or anything. Im not too far from being Greek. I am Lebanese hahaha
Kalawaki wrote:
It's because 343i are too lazy to reuse H2A's models. So every elite needs to look ugly and naked.

But hey, Thel's elites have an undersuit, and are colored red instead of blue! That works, right?
Funny, you get a very different viewpoint when you ask the "Brute community" about which species has the most attention paid to it, lol.
I thank you for responding Grim, but the Jiralhanae community has no part in this as of now. I would like to see that cult following grow into an official community as well, but we also need to focus on an already established and old community. We have been amongst the most loyal, passionate, and commited communities in the Halo Nation, and all we want is representation, or at least more open communication. If you or someone else at 343 could give that to us, then you would appease much more than the sangheili community.

@OP: sorry for jacking you're thread, but many clans needed this opportunity.
Please stop making us look like morons.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
Kalawaki wrote:
It's because 343i are too lazy to reuse H2A's models. So every elite needs to look ugly and naked.

But hey, Thel's elites have an undersuit, and are colored red instead of blue! That works, right?
Assumptions like these make me sad.
We wouldn't be making assumptions if OUR PORTION (Sangheili) of the community was addressed rather than being given the cold shoulder for 5 years and going, which is not an assumption.
Funny, you get a very different viewpoint when you ask the "Brute community" about which species has the most attention paid to it, lol.
Grim I am pretty sure this refers to lack of playable Sangheili. If not then I think people need to appreciate the fact that the Sangheili have been given a ton of attention not just in the lore but also as people. I don't know any other sci fi species having a language that is not space English and having such a complex writing system. Only that is worth respecting. What Vex means is that the lack of playable Sangheili resulted in the near dissolution of the Sangheili community and multiple Sangheili and UNSC clans. And I will agree with you that we have been given far far more care than the Jiralhanae, Unggoy and Kig-Yar communities but the difference is that those communities never flourished yet we went downhill. Downhill in the sense that when the clans collapsed and people started leaving halo many of us just had nobody to play with. I was in a clan that at its peak had about 60 people. When halo 4 came out me and 2 others were the only ones playing halo as the rest just left to play other games. And the Crusading Spirit Fleet was not the only case. The Sovereign guard, Blades of Transcendence and dozens of other clans suffered the same fate. This resulted in clans created just to battle Sangheili clans fragmenting and collapsing too and machinima directors not being able to film as much. And while the MP design team has its reasons for not including Sangheili and other species as playable in MP it had an affect on the community over the course of the last 3 years. Not only did clans collapse but high quality lore based machinima ended with Reach and only Halo 2A and 3 seem to be capable of resurrecting it. Halo 4 will IMO has the best gameplay experience for me personally, cannot do that since there is nothing more than UNSC vs Innies and non halo stories to be told. The reason why Sangheili fans are more vocal and sometimes harsh in their opinions is because they had something taken away from them like how the anti sprint community thinks that halo should never have sprint and complains because it has. Certainly a player model is the least concern for developers when trying to create a great experience which I personally think that halo 5 will be but when a community is built around that model and it collapses there will be complaints, justified or not. The Kig-Yar and the Brute fans don't complain because while they have not gained anything compared to us they did not also lose.
It's times like this when I can only feel peace of mind at the notion of the Sangheili community finally being put out of it's misery.

As for 343i, keep up the excellent work, Halo 5 is looking fantastic.
Oh god oh god way too many questions WAY TOO MANY QUESTIONS AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Why is there a Halo 4 Elite in Halo 4:Forward Unto Dawn? Even though the movie took place before Halo 1. There may be an explanation but I just see that the armor selections are just all over the place, they just are. Oh well.
You've got to disassociate yourself somewhat from the "even though it took place before x game/book/etc" on some of these things, especially when it comes to something like a type of armor. Many of the more "recently seen" visual looks are actually much older designs within the fiction. It's not like that particular armor you see the Zealot in H4:FUD wearing was designed, fashioned, produced, and distributed all within the few years following the events at the Ark (H3).
For sure Grim. I was trying to make that same point. They're armors are all over the place, so the "why are they still wearing this" questions are simple. They wear them cuz that's just what they have.
I guess I'm too busy with life to get caught up in the details...

As long as I can still tell it's an elite, I'm fine. Same with the Chief in Halo 4 and Cortana's appearance in H2A. I can still tell it's them. I don't really see what the issue is here. Now if they decided to change Arbiters name, rank, affiliation, and give him a human mouth (like they were in the Halo CE demo) then I'd understand.
Making the mandibles look a little more alien? His forearms are too exposed? His Elites are using the same combat harnesses as the enemy? In the grand scope of things, it doesn't matter that much.
@Kerzon, Veer, Apex, and Rorschach

I think you all really read my comments out of context. I understand that this is the internet, and that it can be difficult to understand an authors tone. The first comment was clearly with an irritable tone, and I do apologize to Grim if he has taken insult or felt if I placed a burden on him. But it was a truth ,that in terms of game development, the sangheili community has had a lack of representation. The second comment was not of irritation, but more so of observation and compromise. I am simply trying to help revive a once proud community, and I further apologize if I appeared to a poor representative
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KBTS Venom wrote:
I think you all really read my comments out of context. I understand that this is the internet, and that it can be difficult to understand an authors tone. The first comment was clearly with an irritable tone, and I do apologize to Grim if he has taken insult or felt if I placed a burden on him. But it was a truth ,that in terms of game development, the sangheili community has had a lack of representation. The second comment was not of irritation, but more so of observation and compromise. I am simply trying to help revive a once proud community, and I further apologize if I appeared to a poor representative
I don't think I understand, why is 343 removing Elites a good thing?
What is this diffrence... How does it change the game? Excuse my naivity.
KBTS Venom wrote:
I do ask what my part in the Sangheili communities dissolution was? And why kill a once wonderful thing when there is so much potential for it to be greater than it was before? And please Veer, I am trying to have a mature debate with you, so let's leave name calling and finger pointing at the door.
*fidgets with sleeves*

This conversation got awfully weird....

No matter....all split-lips look the same when you pump em full of MA5C rounds.
KBTS Venom wrote:
I do ask what my part in the Sangheili communities dissolution was? And why kill a once wonderful thing when there is so much potential for it to be greater than it was before? And please Veer, I am trying to have a mature debate with you, so let's leave name calling and finger pointing at the door.
Are you kidding me? How can the community be "greater than it was before"? If you haven't noticed, all of the oldest and eldest fleets have disbanded – their leaders have moved on with their lives and have no further interest for Xbox. It cannot be "greater" when those who made it great are no longer a part of the community and when people continually desecrate what we worked so hard to achieve. Secondly, you continue to play a part in its dissolution by being childish on here (in reference to you earlier posts). You don't see the bigger picture.
You have to see this from the perspective of clans.

Spartan clans are usually either UNSC, ONi, sniper, USA or other military clans with some occasional Griffball, assassinations and other clans.

Sangheili clans are primarily fleets, with a ranking structure based on the lore, with armours usually based on the lore, with people clinging to the lore. They also happen to usually be meritocracies and not democracies. Sangheili clans thrived for 8 years until 1 day Sangheili were removed from MP because a small portion (compared to the anti-sprint crowd) of MLG pros and people could not aim 1 cm higher (when the Elites were taller) based on what fans believe since there as never been an official statement in the past 3 years as to why. A Sangheili clan could face another Sangheili clan simply because:
they supported humans
they had different views on worshiping the Forerunners and their tech
they had an incompetent leader.

Sangheili clans usually formed alliances known as Covenants, forged covie themed maps, attacked UNSC clans, made ships on Forge, had cannon determine clan policy. A Spartan non lore based clan, which is part of the vast majority of Spartan clans, was a generic video game clan where people usually have to change their name or 1v1 their leader. Most Sangheili clans functioned completely differently. Most of the members where anti-UNSC or disliked humanity in Halo or at least preferred the Sangheili to the humans. A Sangheili clan would send an Ossoona to infiltrate an enemy clan, steal their forged maps, or 1v1 clan leaders in banshee fights as the High command of 1 or both clans watched. A Sangheili clan usually had a website/forum and a way for members to interact and create stuff together. Some clans even had websites for their alliances. There were coups assisted or not by other clans, clan meeting on Sangheili themed forged buildings or cities. There was also a ton of lore discussion as these clans combined both lore and campaign. In a Sangheili clan you had your character and your story. A spartan sniper clan set on noscoping does not have this. A Spartan lore clan doesn't also have the part of the lore that Sangheili players like. I dislike the UNSC and ONI with a fervent passion and no matter how many times I had been asked to join a Spartan clan since halo 3 I refused just because they were humans. If I wanna play as a generic supersoldier I can do that in any videogame. Halo was different. I was the alien. I was the Tier 2 alien reking UNSC newbies with plasma fire and helping the covenant cause or that of a splinter faction. I was the bad guy but I had a reason and that reason was based on what I liked in halo's lore. If I wanna be an anticapitalist Innie/or a Marine I can be in every game. Halo gave me more. I was the alien. I don't like playing as a human in video games. In Mass Effect I love the aliens, regardless of race. Just something that is not human or human with a prosthetic head. That's it. You can also see this the other way around. Imagine a halo game with only Sangheili and no spartans. There would a total havok and armageddon of complaints. It's just that Spartan players always get their playable model because it is human and that's what most people want to play as
KBTS Venom wrote:
KBTS Venom wrote:
Are you kidding me? How can the community be "greater than it was before"? If you haven't noticed, all of the oldest and eldest fleets have disbanded – their leaders have moved on with their lives and have no further interest for Xbox. It cannot be "greater" when those who made it great are no longer a part of the community and when people continually desecrate what we worked so hard to achieve. Secondly, you continue to play a part in its dissolution by being childish on here (in reference to you earlier posts). You don't see the bigger picture.
They left mostly because they could no longer sustain a community that could not play as Sangheili.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
You have to see this from the perspective of clans.

Spartan clans are usually either UNSC, ONi, sniper, USA or other military clans with some occasional Griffball, assassinations and other clans.

Sangheili clans are primarily fleets, with a ranking structure based on the lore, with armours usually based on the lore, with people clinging to the lore. They also happen to usually be meritocracies and not democracies. Sangheili clans thrived for 8 years until 1 day Sangheili were removed from MP because a small portion (compared to the anti-sprint crowd) of MLG pros and people could not aim 1 cm higher (when the Elites were taller) based on what fans believe since there as never been an official statement in the past 3 years as to why. A Sangheili clan could face another Sangheili clan simply because:
they supported humans
they had different views on worshiping the Forerunners and their tech
they had an incompetent leader.

Sangheili clans usually formed alliances known as Covenants, forged covie themed maps, attacked UNSC clans, made ships on Forge, had cannon determine clan policy. A Spartan non lore based clan, which is part of the vast majority of Spartan clans, was a generic video game clan where people usually have to change their name or 1v1 their leader. Most Sangheili clans functioned completely differently. Most of the members where anti-UNSC or disliked humanity in Halo or at least preferred the Sangheili to the humans. A Sangheili clan would send an Ossoona to infiltrate an enemy clan, steal their forged maps, or 1v1 clan leaders in banshee fights as the High command of 1 or both clans watched. A Sangheili clan usually had a website/forum and a way for members to interact and create stuff together. Some clans even had websites for their alliances. There were coups assisted or not by other clans, clan meeting on Sangheili themed forged buildings or cities. There was also a ton of lore discussion as these clans combined both lore and campaign. In a Sangheili clan you had your character and your story. A spartan sniper clan set on noscoping does not have this. A Spartan lore clan doesn't also have the part of the lore that Sangheili players like. I dislike the UNSC and ONI with a fervent passion and no matter how many times I had been asked to join a Spartan clan since halo 3 I refused just because they were humans. If I wanna play as a generic supersoldier I can do that in any videogame. Halo was different. I was the alien. I was the Tier 2 alien reking UNSC newbies with plasma fire and helping the covenant cause or that of a splinter faction. I was the bad guy but I had a reason and that reason was based on what I liked in halo's lore. If I wanna be an anticapitalist Innie/or a Marine I can be in every game. Halo gave me more. I was the alien. I don't like playing as a human in video games. In Mass Effect I love the aliens, regardless of race. Just something that is not human or human with a prosthetic head. That's it. You can also see this the other way around. Imagine a halo game with only Sangheili and no spartans. There would a total havok and armageddon of complaints. It's just that Spartan players always get their playable model because it is human and that's what most people want to play as
See now this is an explanation that I can understand. Is pretty much bringing role-playing into Halo's multiplayer via clans. I can get into that! And I feel for that side of the community.

What I can't understand is OP. Redesigns have always happened, for one reason or another. If you're that into the lore to which varying textures and small design changes from game-to-game cause the lore to become inconsistent for you, is more of a personal issue than a community-wide grievance.
(Yes I know, OP is written as a personal view but my point stands)
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
KBTS Venom wrote:
KBTS Venom wrote:
It is half-breeds like you that killed the community in the first place. 343i did us a favour by removing Sangheili – we can remember it for what it used to be rather than was it is now. The Sangheili community is dead. The Elite community now stands in its wake, and they belong on Reach.
They left mostly because they could no longer sustain a community that could not play as Sangheili.
That is absolutely incorrect. Erdu left because he is in his 20s and has other stuff to do, Xzan left because he was in college and didn't have time to play Xbox, Tanuva was in college as well and stopped caring, and the same story goes for many others that were the Sangheili's driving engines of activity too. Perhaps the only people that were put down by Halo 4's lack of playable Sangheili were myself and the Guardians of High Charity, who went onto Halo 4 as a BTB team. Even if Halo 4 and Halo 5 had Sangheili, the complete lack of old Sangheili clans to engage in healthy competition with would still dissuade who ever is left from going through the effort of running an entire clan. All of the Sangheili veterans of old mostly started up on Halo 2 or Halo 3 as teenagers, which means they are much older now and have other things to do than run Sangheili clans, and unfortunately the younger millennial generation that is still interested in clans of today lack the experience and leadership ability to keep things going and maintain a healthy community. The community of Sangheili that myself, Apex, and Veer came from is too old and worn to exist again, even with playable Sangheili.
KBTS Venom wrote:
KBTS Venom wrote:
And new commanders can't arise out of the ashes? In terms of the lore, we have an icredible opportunity to revive the community. But I do understand that it won't be the same people as before, it will be a new generation to inherit the mantle. And again, I think you misread those posts, they were not meant to be a form of bashing, but rather a way of communicating the Sangheili community's point of view. (at the least the portion of the community I've seen on Waypoint)

As stated above, reviving a "once proud community" is no longer possible, and will definitely not happen after complaining in a public forum about it 3 months before Halo 5's release. Making polished, working blockbuster games within a deadline is not easy, and after the mistakes made with Halo 4 and MCC, I'm sure the teams at 343i have more important things to attend to, such as making Halo 5 the best possible experience they can without sacrificing precious time catering to the deluded wishes of a community of 200 people on 2015 Halo: Reach.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6