Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Will Halo Infinite Reveal how Jun escapes reach?

OP Annex Angel

Halo: Shadows of Reach spoiler...
Spoiler:
Show
Do we think/can 343 confirm or deny that we will get an explanation of how Jun and Halsey got of Reach??
Spoiler:
Show
Do we think/can 343 confirm or deny that we will get an explanation of how Jun and Halsey got of Reach??
Doubtful. I'm pretty sure barely anything from the book will be mentioned in the game since Troy, and 343i has repeatedly said it not required reading, also 343i doesn't look like they have any intentions of mentioning Jun beyond his retirement, training of the IVs, and hiding from the Created.
Isn't how Halsey got off of reach covered in First Strike?

That said, I doubt Infinite of all things is going to cover how Jun got off reach. We dont even know if Jun's in infinite, but spending time to explain how he got off a planet like...8 years go is kind of weird.
Isn't how Halsey got off of reach covered in First Strike?

That said, I doubt Infinite of all things is going to cover how Jun got off reach. We dont even know if Jun's in infinite, but spending time to explain how he got off a planet like...8 years go is kind of weird.
right but, Chief is going back to reach, and thier mission could be tied into Noble Team witch the sword base package, I'm wondering if the stuff got where it was because of somthing Jun and Halsey were up to while mysteriously dissapearing and going under the radar, as in the book, They were wondering how a crate from castle base had ended up at sword base during the final days on reach
Motenbor27 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Doubtful. I'm pretty sure barely anything from the book will be mentioned in the game since Troy, and 343i has repeatedly said it not required reading, also 343i doesn't look like they have any intentions of mentioning Jun beyond his retirement, training of the IVs, and hiding from the Created.
Right Jun dosen't have to make it to the game for this to be covered maybe, just in a footnote, easter egg or a new book sometime would be intresting if it tied into this
I really don’t think Infinite (at least at launch) is the best platform to tell the story of what happened to Jun. I mean it would be nice to know what he got up to after he ghosted from the canon and his obvious absence during First Strike.

I suppose they could give Halsey a throwaway line about how he went on patrol after the drop off at Castle, and she lost contact when all hell broke loose.

To be honest though, I’ve not read the book yet, but Shadows seems like the ideal place to cover this in depth. If 343 didn’t ask Troy to cover it there, I doubt they have plans to it at all.
Spoiler:
Show
I know Fistful of Arrows isn't strictly canonical, but it's been confirmed by Bungie and 343 employees as being the closest thing to canonical anything non-canonical will ever get. In that comic book, we get an answer as to how Jun and Halsey escaped Reach. While it's not confirmed as the canonical story, many folks who are deeply involved in Halo's lore consider it to be pretty much canon. The only reason it isn't, as far as I can tell, is a deal fell through back in the day to make Fistful of Arrows a proper Halo-branded story.
I know Fistful of Arrows isn't strictly canonical, but it's been confirmed by Bungie and 343 employees as being the closest thing to canonical anything non-canonical will ever get. In that comic book, we get an answer as to how Jun and Halsey escaped Reach. While it's not confirmed as the canonical story, many folks who are deeply involved in Halo's lore consider it to be pretty much canon. The only reason it isn't, as far as I can tell, is a deal fell through back in the day to make Fistful of Arrows a proper Halo-branded story.
I thought that talked about what the Noble team was up to Before reach like "the prologue to the prologue game" if that makes sense? How does it cover the events after reach?
I thought that talked about what the Noble team was up to Before reach like "the prologue to the prologue game" if that makes sense? How does it cover the events after reach?
It does both. It provides backstories for Noble Team and shows how Jun and Halsey got off Reach.
Wait is Jun Aliive ?
Crunchy wrote:
Wait is Jun Aliive ?
Always has been.
Crunchy wrote:
Wait is Jun Aliive ?
Yeah he became a recruiter for the Spartan-IV program. There's a great fan-made artwork about him and Noble Team that's based on the Vietnam War memorial:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/gpsatm/halo_reach_rendition_of_lee_teeters_reflection/
Right Jun dosen't have to make it to the game for this to be covered maybe, just in a footnote, easter egg or a new book sometime would be intresting if it tied into this
In the future, please don't post multiple times in a row. That's a form of bumping.

Also, how Halsey got off Reach is detailed in First Strike. Jun just took her to CASTLE base and then did his own thing, whatever that was.
That would be cool. People forget that he's still around.