Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Will jerome replace cheif

OP SixWiLdScOpE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think jerome will replace cheif Becasue jerome is better in Fighting in my opinoin tell me in your commets below
I went ahead and removed your email address. It isn't generally a good idea to make those public.
I don’t see Jerome ‘replacing’ Chief, it’s possible he could become a main character but one does not simply replace Chief.

Also, seriously don’t put your email out to the public unless you are some business person needing it for business. Especially when on the internet, not a good idea.
Master Chief can never be replaced.
you should probably go into the witness protection for thinking this.
The only reason i feel this is possible is because Jerome was in Cryo for so long he is technically younger than Chief
haven't there been 5+ threads before this one on the same topic? this is getting kinda old...
I wish. Probably not.
SkySaps wrote:
haven't there been 5+ threads before this one on the same topic? this is getting kinda old...
Welcome to the Universe forums! Where the same dozen or so topics will be regurgitated every couple of weeks or so.

In no particular order:
  • Who's your (least)favourite character?
  • Who's your (least)favourite Spartan?
  • Which is your (least)favourite book/game/ship/weapon?
  • Which is your (least)favourite Elite/Brute design?
  • My Halo 6 predictions!
  • My Flood theories!
  • Character/Faction X vs Character/Faction Y
  • Complaining about Cortana
  • Complaining about Ryan Breed
  • Complaining about ODSTs
  • Is Chief gonna die?
  • My deluded mind thinks Character X is still alive!
And my personal favourite:
  • Some idiot reviving a 4 year-old thread
That sums up about 75% of the forum for the past year.
You forgot the weekly Karen Traviss threads we used to have.
You forgot the weekly Karen Traviss threads we used to have.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why'd you have to remind me, I worked so hard to forget those. :p
There definitely is a chance that Jerome will replace Chief as the main protagonist of Halo.
However since he comes from the Halo RTS games there is a possibility 343 won't use him as those games' popularity pale in comparison to mainline Halo games.
Another problem is that he may come across as being too similar to the Chief. Artists almost never use a near identical copy of the previous protagonist for the next game. Creatively speaking its boring. The similarity could also cause fans to constantly compare Jerome to the Chief which may cause a lot of friction within the community.

I mean both are Spartan 2s, both are awesome, both have AIs, both have cool lines.
Its just too similar in my opinion. I would like someone just as cool as Jerome but less identical to John.

Also I don't think Jerome is better at fighting than Chief. Both do impressive things however.
I dont think so. The Chief is basically the face of Halo games and the one whose story is to be followed on the main story. There might be a FPS game about red team sometimes but if thats the case i dont think it will be a replacement but rather just something like Halo: Reach or such.
I dont think so. The Chief is basically the face of Halo games and the one whose story is to be followed on the main story. There might be a FPS game about red team sometimes but if thats the case i dont think it will be a replacement but rather just something like Halo: Reach or such.
I think the question isn't if Chief is replaced but who replaces him. If they keep making games they can't keep him forever. He isn't Mario.
juhoxxx wrote:
I think the question isn't if Chief is replaced but who replaces him. If they keep making games they can't keep him forever. He isn't Mario.
Or is he? Both are iconic and recognizeable characters though other is longer running and perhaps more known character. The Chief has still quite many missions that havent been in the games even if the future in timeline is unsure.

And nothing is likely forever. Not even Mario. There will be end for that too, likely.

Its a me Ma, ahem, ster Chief.
juhoxxx wrote:
Or is he? Both are iconic and recognizeable characters though other is longer running and perhaps more known character. The Chief has still quite many missions that havent been in the games even if the future in timeline is unsure.

And nothing is likely forever. Not even Mario. There will be end for that too, likely.

Years just pass quickly in Halo Universe and it has always been rooted to at least some realism. If they wanna keep having Chief around they'll have to write some kind of Forerunner trickery to make it happen. In a theory when Librarian accelerated John's evolutionary journey she might have already done that. Hmm soo maybe that's possible. I just wonder if Chief continuosly keeps saving the galaxy it gets ridiculous.
Maybe after the 343 Halo plans he will become the most important spartan
juhoxxx wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:

Years just pass quickly in Halo Universe and it has always been rooted to at least some realism. If they wanna keep having Chief around they'll have to write some kind of Forerunner trickery to make it happen. In a theory when Librarian accelerated John's evolutionary journey she might have already done that. Hmm soo maybe that's possible. I just wonder if Chief continuosly keeps saving the galaxy it gets ridiculous.
Near eternal warrior saving humanity over and over again seems more like a fantasy but its one possibility amongst many others. But who knows what the future might bring. Many great and popular brands have fallen, some have continued for long and some have even returned.
SkySaps wrote:
Welcome to the Universe forums! Where the same dozen or so topics will be regurgitated every couple of weeks or so.

In no particular order:
  • Who's your (least)favourite character?
  • Who's your (least)favourite Spartan?
  • Which is your (least)favourite book/game/ship/weapon?
  • Which is your (least)favourite Elite/Brute design?
  • My Halo 6 predictions!
  • My Flood theories!
  • Character/Faction X vs Character/Faction Y
  • Complaining about Cortana
  • Complaining about Ryan Breed
  • Complaining about ODSTs
  • Is Chief gonna die?
  • My deluded mind thinks Character X is still alive!
And my personal favourite:
  • Some idiot reviving a 4 year-old thread
That sums up about 75% of the forum for the past year.
this actually made me chuckle good on you
Jerome lost in a 3v1 fight against a brute. It's going to take a lot more time with him before I'm even remotely convinced he wouldn't be demolished in a fight with the chief.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2