Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Will the Flood return in new Halo saga?

OP Ice Warriors

Hello everyone. So from my understanding the Flood are not native to are own galaxy. Like what came before Forerunners Precursors they became the Flood which from what Gravemind says in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Now question will they return? I think so as they have large role in the Halo universe and looking at current stage of Halo 5 where Forerunner technology is activating thank to cortana, will we see new Forerunner-Flood war? Considering the galaxy is on lock down the Forerunners would prioritise the threat. Now Flood don't have to come from outside the galaxy as in both case on installation 04 and 05 from Halo CE, Halo 2. Flood are kept in on the rings for research for cure or solution but like Halo 2 ring they broke out before Covenant or Human intervention so they could return.

With whole situation of the Ark installation 00 out of it could see revisiting of it and possibly due to release of Halo Wars 2 being at the Ark could finally join up.

What do you think will they return, will they not, why not. interested to hear. :)

P.s this is my first topic for posting about Halo lore so if you got suggestion on improvement just message me appreciate it thanks. :)
I think they might eventually . There are enough flood left in the galaxy to cause an eventual outbreak and a lot of fans seem like they would want that to happen . However , I think it might take a few more games before they are reintroduced and when they do , they will have to be an even bigger threat then in the original trilogy .
I think they might eventually . There are enough flood left in the galaxy to cause an eventual outbreak and a lot of fans seem like they would want that to happen . However , I think it might take a few more games before they are reintroduced and when they do , they will have to be an even bigger threat then in the original trilogy .
Actually.... theres 5 rings which in theory should have research stations with flood specimens. Not counting any other research stations or infected shield worlds like the one from Halo wars. Then you still have the possibilty that there are flood ships that escaped from the battle of high charity.
I deem it more then likely that the flood makes a comeback, Cortana disarming every major race and rambling on about peace makes it too convenient. Long term planning by the flood if you ask me. Wouldnt be surprised if the flood still had a presence at the ark or made its way back there. Its still the most important location for them to take control of, Im expecting the flood to show up in the later half of Halo Wars 2
Probably not in the Reclaimer Saga.
Lets just think, if specimens of the Flood were kept on Alpha and Delta Halo, who knows what other installations they could be on, like for instance, the Halo scene after the credits of Halo 5 Guardians on legendary.
I bet 10 shooted off flood arms on that.
In the Reclaimer Saga? No, absolutely not. There is nothing in Halo 4 or 5 that hints at their return. There is no place for it. Now we could see something in Halo Wars 2 considering the infection form shown on the Spirit of Fire in an issue of Halo: Escalation.
I should like to see them more in a spinoff than an actual Saga
In the Reclaimer Saga? No, absolutely not. There is nothing in Halo 4 or 5 that hints at their return. There is no place for it. Now we could see something in Halo Wars 2 considering the infection form shown on the Spirit of Fire in an issue of Halo: Escalation.
Well u do have a halo at the end of halo 5 and all halo's did have flood specimens on them for studying and I will be really pissed if they don't show up in halo 6
Well u do have a halo at the end of halo 5 and all halo's did have flood specimens on them for studying and I will be really pissed if they don't show up in halo 6
That's a possibility but I'd prefer them to stay out of the new saga. I can easily imagine Cortana immediately wiping out all of the Flood specimens on the ring to avoid another contamination. Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, it would just be silly on her part and excessively redundant from a narrative perspective. Not to mention that it would be a proverbial and egregious slap in the face to the struggle that was the original trilogy. I felt an immense amount of joy destroying the Ark to put an end to that plague.
Will the Flood return in new Halo saga?
Simple answer. Yes they will and yes it is a fact. People tend to forget that Flood is the main enemy and the biggest thing in the Halo universe. Will they show up in Halo 6? I don't believe so, perhaps a shot of it in the Legendary ending or simply hints about it. In Halo Wars 2? There's a huge chance Flood will show up in that story. We have a couple of things hinting that.

One of the things pointing at Flood being in HW 2 is when Isabell tells Red Team and/or SoF that there is STILL something on the Ark and that they need to RUN AWAY. Still implies that something has resided on the Ark for a long time from a big event, the events of Halo 3 obviously. Example: Me and a friend was at a party yesterday. I call my friend and i ask "Where are you?" he/she says "I'm at the party house." i reply "Still! You're STILL there!". Implying that he/she has resided there for a long time from an event.

Run away only implies to the Flood. Prometheans don't reside on the Lesser Ark as far as we know and even if they did she would never say "run away" from them but more like "we need to get out" and STILL don't apply to them because they weren't around in Halo 3. It's obviously not Banished. She wants revenge on them, she wants SoF to fight them. It's again obviously not Mendicant Bias as it's not a threat to Humans anymore. What is left? Oh yes the Flood. The only thing that fits. The only thing that makes sense. The Lesser Ark is giant too so who's to say that some Flood weren't able to scatter around on the Lesser Ark? In other words, why would anyone think it's not possible for Flood to STILL remain on the Lesser Ark from Halo 3 when it's so huge? There is so much land Flood can be on.

Don't forget that High Charity where Gravemind resided on crashed on the Lesser Ark spreading the Flood and some can easily have gone outside the blast radius from the explosion caused by Installation 04B exploding. On the Lesser Ark only the middle was damaged and considering Flood were spreading the chance of some of them to have gone outside the middle that got hit is bigger than you would think, considering how much time Flood had. Seriously Flood had a lot of time.

Flood lands/crash on the Lesser Ark during the time Master Chief turns off the shields AND you're all forgetting that when Flood came they came through meteors!! They landed in all kinds of places on the Lesser Ark! Then you travel all the way to Truth, then to High Charity and then to Installation 04B. That's a lot of time given to Flood. The chance of Flood to STILL be on the Lesser Ark is almost 100%.
That's a possibility but I'd prefer them to stay out of the new saga. I can easily imagine Cortana immediately wiping out all of the Flood specimens on the ring to avoid another contamination. Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, it would just be silly on her part and excessively redundant from a narrative perspective. Not to mention that it would be a proverbial and egregious slap in the face to the struggle that was the original trilogy. I felt an immense amount of joy destroying the Ark to put an end to that plague.
I get what you mean with they don't have place in this saga. We beat them so that should be it but as this is Reclaimer saga I think having the flood present is something that should happen. With Reclaiming everything as Humans can do that is bound to do something BAD. Halo CE Covenant released the flood and look what happened there.
Now Cortana activating enforcers and locking down systems is trying to help organic life but we don't know the extent Cortana will go and if she is really her self. Saga really only just started but still lot to look at like the Ark stated by LS JUST WIN nothing to say Flood all died on the Ark same with Halo rings but also lets not forget there was 12 Halo rings some information on them is sketchy. Weather Flood return it won't go well for either party and most likely Cortana would go to extreams I think and rebuild ring to fire the rings. Halo Wars 2 and Halo rings but also outside the galaxy are places the Flood can come back from.
Quote:
I deem it more then likely that the flood makes a comeback, Cortana disarming every major race and rambling on about peace makes it too convenient. Long term planning by the flood if you ask me. Wouldnt be surprised if the flood still had a presence at the ark or made its way back there. Its still the most important location for them to take control of, Im expecting the flood to show up in the later half of Halo Wars 2
It something that would make sense to happen and to be fair Halo rings did fire differently to how they were used by the forerunners.
Well the precursors have stated that humans are the chosen ones to obtain the mantle, but only after their "final test" in which the flood will be "ripe". I hardly consider the original trilogy to be a "ripe" flood. It was simply a containment breech. I'm beginning to lean toward the theory that Cortana has the logic plague, thus her reasoning for the enforced peace. Perfect time for the flood to take over the universe. So if they don't return by Halo 6 then I'd be almost 100% sure they'd show in Halo 7