Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Will the Precursors ever return to the Universe?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

The Precursors are my favorite species in the entire Halo Universe. So advanced that even the Forerunners look like little kids playing with Play-Doh. They aren't truly gone, as Warfleet reveals that they simply aren't in our Universe anymore,
Quote:
Precursors: Eldest of the sapient minds of the Milky Way. They had infinite forms, many voices, and singular purpose. The realms they grew and the life they crafted continue on, though they themselves have sunk into unreachable depths.
With that wording, it seems to indicate the Precursors truly exist in another dimension, outside our Universe (their bodies being vessels in the Universe). I wonder, do you think they'll ever return to our Universe, possibly when we pass the test for the Mantle?
I believe they will return to the universe but not yet. I think 343 has plans for the precursors but won't fully reveal their mystery. They are kind of like how the forerunners were during halo CE. Kinda like gods I guess. I would like to see more novels about them in the future. Maybe one that takes place during the precursor-forerunner war. There is so much 343 can explore. They planted the seed and they need to take care of it real well to make a compelling story. The only thing is if they fully reveal who and what the precursors are then how much further can they go with the story?

I believe first there is a tonne of story not revealed about the forerunners and a bunch of technology the humans or ex covenant species have yet to discover.
RABIH117 wrote:
I believe they will return to the universe but not yet. I think 343 has plans for the precursors but won't fully reveal their mystery. They are kind of like how the forerunners were during halo CE. Kinda like gods I guess. I would like to see more novels about them in the future. Maybe one that takes place during the precursor-forerunner war. There is so much 343 can explore. They planted the seed and they need to take care of it real well to make a compelling story. The only thing is if they fully reveal who and what the precursors are then how much further can they go with the story?

I believe first there is a tonne of story not revealed about the forerunners and a bunch of technology the humans or ex covenant species have yet to discover.
Would love for Greg Bear to come back and write more novels, man that'd be amazing!
RABIH117 wrote:

Would love for Greg Bear to come back and write more novels, man that'd be amazing!
Same here! Loved the foreunner trilogy
RABIH117 wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Same here! Loved the foreunner trilogy
When would you want him to set it?
Well, there's only one precursor in the existance of the Halo Universe. So, it's a possibility.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Well, there's only one precursor in the existance of the Halo Universe. So, it's a possibility.
The Primordial wasn’t telling the truth, it was the last of that particular form.
I believe that the Precursors may return in Halo Infinite, in the form of the primordial (fingers crossed), or the flood. Remember that the flood was made of a corrupted powder which was the only known remains of the Precursors, so they technically already have been in a game. It would be interesting if the Precursors actually appeared in a game, and if they were it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce them in Infinite if humanity finally gains the Mantle.
I believe that the Precursors may return in Halo Infinite, in the form of the primordial (fingers crossed), or the flood. Remember that the flood was made of a corrupted powder which was the only known remains of the Precursors, so they technically already have. It would be interesting if the Precursors actually appeared in a game, and if they were it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce them in Infinite if humanity finally gains the Mantle.
Do you think it'd be cool if a Precursor not in a physical form spoke to Chief telepathically?
I believe that the Precursors may return in Halo Infinite, in the form of the primordial (fingers crossed), or the flood. Remember that the flood was made of a corrupted powder which was the only known remains of the Precursors, so they technically already have. It would be interesting if the Precursors actually appeared in a game, and if they were it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce them in Infinite if humanity finally gains the Mantle.
Do you think it'd be cool if a Precursor not in a physical form spoke to Chief telepathically?
I think it would be, and maybe it could work like Cortana talking to Chief in Halo 3; with the flashes of her across the screen. It would also be amazing lore-wise, because it would technically be the first time we could see Precursor neural physics in use.
I think it would be, and maybe it could work like Cortana talking to Chief in Halo 3; with the flashes of her across the screen. It would also be amazing lore-wise, because it would technically be the first time we could see Precursor neural physics in use.
Imagine them speaking telepathically to Chief and appearing to him as someone he knows or knew like Sam.
Imagine them speaking telepathically to Chief and appearing to him as someone he knows or knew like Sam.
Now I just really want 343 to actually give us what we want.
Now I just really want 343 to actually give us what we want.
Do you think there's a possibility that Precursors from other galaxies could come here and see what's going on?
Well they are metaphysical entities so it's a possibility.
Strong possibility we see them in the future but I think it will be a while (Few games) before we actually get a legitimate appearance. Hopefully I’m wrong though!
If they make a new trilogy of games after the Reclaimer Saga, they will most likely feature the precursors, but that will definitely be a while, seeing as Infinite doesn't even have a confirmed release date yet. The original trilogy featured a lot of forerunner structures, but few bits of lore, and the next trilogy featured the forerunners as the main enemy, so its not too far fetched to theorize that the precursors will be involved in the plot of the next trilogy, as the reclaimer saga is about humanity's claim to the mantle of responsibility.
The Flood is basically reconstituted precursor(s), so yes. In their natural form, I am doubtful.