Forums / Community / Halo Universe

WILL WE SEE 343 GUILTY SPARK AGAIN?

OP XZGABO177

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Throughout the original Halo trilogy and throughout some missions our esteemed oracle was fundamental to the story: although in Halo 3 we thought he had died but with a novel from a few years ago we did not find out that he was not, we also know that He embarked on an adventure with an entire crew from a UNSC frigate, and I wonder if we will see him again in a game as part of the main game saga. Even if it will help the boss in the next game. how it will influence the history of the halo universe
So long as they get Tim Dadabo, I'd be up for Spark's return. Even in a new form, I like to think the voice would carry over. Even if there's a change of cadence.
He's a major character in Halo: Renegades, and IMO his character was handled really well.
Spark is a very interesting character to say the least. I've lost count of how many times that little light bulb has changed sides, either willingly or unwillingly. Last we heard, he was with the Ace of Spades crew trying to find the Librarian (it's been a while so I figured I don't need the spoiler tag).

Tbh though, I'd kinda rather he stick to the EU material from this point forward. So much has happened to him between his last appearance in a game and his latest appearance that it would be tough to reintroduce him, even for fans that are more than just casually familiar with the extended lore.

For the most part I've viewed the games as the skeleton on which the extended lore is built. The game CE and the book The Flood are actually really good examples of that. The game story should be fairly simple and easy to follow (and extremely fun) while the rest of the EU material fills in the gaps and provides additional context.
Honestly one of my favourite halo characters, I’d love to see his return.
However, I doubt he’d return to a game considering the lore revealed outside of games (comics) expended quite a bit, in saying this I reckon there’s a possibility of seeing him return to another comic or non game based lore, I’d be down for that!
I'd love to see him reoccur in the books alongside the Ace of Spades crew but in other media or even the games, no, not really. I think it's best to keep his story to the books from now on considering how much he has evolved since his last game appearance. The more I think about it, references I'd be okay with, but I hope that's the furthest extent that we see him in the games.
I'll do you a question better... will we get a new Monitor for this Halo Ring?
I'll do you a question better... will we get a new Monitor for this Halo Ring?
I believe the monitor for Installation 07 was Mendicant Bias.. or at least he took over control from the monitor that was supposed to be in charge. In that context, I sure hope so. I wanna see Mendicant Bias. I doubt it though, because he has the same issues as Spark when it comes to introducing him to fans. You'd need a metric ton of exposition just to get started.
I think we will see more monitors like the one from Halo 5, but 343 is toast. If there was a way he could back up to the domain though, not entirely out of the question but I feel his arc is over as he has come back full circle, and his installation was destroyed and I’m not sure another one will be made at this point
I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I loved him as a character but Halo 3 killed him off for a reason. There's meant to be some finality to it. Bringing him back would be spitting directly in the face of the players saying what we did against him didn't matter.
Well as previous posts have mentioned, 343GS is already brought back in extended media. Now if he "returns" in future games as a non-canonical Easter Egg or something, that's fine. But no I don't want to see him anywhere again. I like this character, but what's done is done, and I just hate 343i's choices to flip and revive/revisit characters and locations whose fates that were widely accepted as concluded. It's lazy, disrepectful and lame. I don't even care how good the actual stories are because I think they are "wrong" from the start.
but the problem is that the character is still alive and we know it from a Halo novel
Well as previous posts have mentioned, 343GS is already brought back in extended media. Now if he "returns" in future games as a non-canonical Easter Egg or something, that's fine. But no I don't want to see him anywhere again. I like this character, but what's done is done, and I just hate 343i's choices to flip and revive/revisit characters and locations whose fates that were widely accepted as concluded. It's lazy, disrepectful and lame. I don't even care how good the actual stories are because I think they are "wrong" from the start.
but the problem is that the character is still alive and we know it from a Halo novel
XZGABO177 wrote:
pero el problema es que el personaje sigue vivo y lo sabemos por una novela de Halo
We are certainly aware that GS is still alive. The issue I have with him returning in a game is that quite a lot of history comes with him. Should GS return in Infinite, we would need a lot of lore explanation to justify his appearance. If Infinite is going to be a jumping off point for new Halo fans, it would be tricky to include GS without a whole lot of exposition.
XZGABO177 wrote:
I know and I acknowledged that in my post. My points are: 1. As much as I like 343GS, I do NOT like 343i's decision of bringing him back; 2. I do not want to see this revived 343GS anymore in any future media.
I very desperately want halo 3 to matter, but yes I'm almost sure guilty spark is going to return, just like cortana did, or like the brutes or in general the covenant with all it's power and essence intact (but it's red so you can't complain), the flood, the gravemind and at this rate I guarantee you the 3 prophets, johnson and noble team as well.
Since 343 saw it necessary to give him a body it's possible.
Idk I kind of hope that stays in the EU
Spark is a very interesting character to say the least. I've lost count of how many times that little light bulb has changed sides, either willingly or unwillingly. Last we heard, he was with the Ace of Spades crew trying to find the Librarian (it's been a while so I figured I don't need the spoiler tag).

Tbh though, I'd kinda rather he stick to the EU material from this point forward. So much has happened to him between his last appearance in a game and his latest appearance that it would be tough to reintroduce him, even for fans that are more than just casually familiar with the extended lore.

For the most part I've viewed the games as the skeleton on which the extended lore is built. The game CE and the book The Flood are actually really good examples of that. The game story should be fairly simple and easy to follow (and extremely fun) while the rest of the EU material fills in the gaps and provides additional context.
He found an imprint or something similar of the Librarian (thinking of the Librarian imprint found on Requiem by the Chief), and decides to stay with the Ace of Spades and they become family or something, it's a pretty sweet story lol.
Colt282 wrote:
I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I loved him as a character but Halo 3 killed him off for a reason. There's meant to be some finality to it. Bringing him back would be spitting directly in the face of the players saying what we did against him didn't matter.
Maybe bring him back with an entirely new personality and body, maybe he could be more connected to his human side of Chakas, maybe we might even call this hypothetical "new" character Chakas...
I'm not sure the halo 5 legendary ending has his trademark humming. So I guess so.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3