[Locked] Would you like Halo Legends 2?

OP Ice Warriors

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So Halo Legends being movie about origins and going on in Halo up to Halo 3. I wonder could or would you like second one? I think be very interesting to see Cortana just telling about origins and about her and her standing in domain.

I know it's movie but I talking as Lore sense what do you think would you like to see one and be from Halo 4 to up to 6 or later?
I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this way of us hearing lore of Halo Universe.

If this is in wrong section as movie let me know and I will delete it.
Short answer: YES!

Long answer: YEEEES!

343 might be able to win more people over with it IF they're careful to not take too many artistic liberties like the first one did. If nothing else it would be one less thing for the lore community to be worried about.
So Halo Legends being movie about origins and going on in Halo up to Halo 3. I wonder could or would you like second one? I think be very interesting to see Cortana just telling about origins and about her and her standing in domain.

I know it's movie but I talking as Lore sense what do you think would you like to see one and be from Halo 4 to up to 6 or later?
I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this way of us hearing lore of Halo Universe.

If this is in wrong section as movie let me know and I will delete it.
Besides the Kilo 5 trilogy I'll give the benefit of the doubt to 343's novel lore,they do keep you intrigued and flesh out alot of characters l,however I wish they could do as well storytelling wise in game
I would like to see the adventures of Spartan 1337 continue, but otherwise I'm not enticed by the notion, no.
Sure. Make it enjoyable lol. Kappa
I personally didn't like Legends. They have their choice at what stories to tell or connect to the main games.
I'd like to see them animate the book Halo Fractures. It would be on a similar basis as Legends but with different stories of course.
Would I like to see more stories in the Halo Universe fleshed out through animation?
  • Absolutely.
Are Japanese studios the best ones to go to with this?
  • With the exception of Korean studios (and Blur of course) I'd say so, yes.
What studios would be best suited?
  • Studio Sunrise, as they have decades of experience to draw on when it comes to mechanical design and animation.
  • Studio Bones, as a good portion of their veteran staff have garnered experience at Sunrise while also adopting a more stylistic approach (They contributed the Prototype short in Legends).
  • Or Production I.G. who also have experience with high-end productions involving Sci-Fi and Mecha. (They contributed 'The Duel' and 'Homecoming' shorts for Legends).
How likely is this to happen?

Well, I'm not sure how it happened in the first place to be honest. Microsoft have never had the best relationship with the Japanese market -I can't see Scalebound's cancellation as a plus for said relationship either- but whether that's related or not is academic at this point because knowing Halo's current direction, Legends 2 would feature a short with Locke becoming a Superhero who can destroy planets in one punch, Buck becoming an interplanetary bounty hunter trying to run from his past, Vale struggling to choose between a group of Elite bachelors, and a slice of life comedy sketch where Arbiter and Chief live in an apartment together and Cortana appears as a ghost to haunt th- ...wait, no I think that last one actually happened.
Surely, I'm kinda confused IMO about the domain so I'd love to see more on that.
Why not?
Just dont forget to add an humerous episode,like Odd one out,to keep the things diffrent.
H8TRFFC wrote:
Would I like to see more stories in the Halo Universe fleshed out through animation?
  • Absolutely.
Are Japanese studios the best ones to go to with this?
  • With the exception of Korean studios (and Blur of course) I'd say so, yes.
What studios could do it best?
  • Studio Sunrise as they have the most experience with Mechanical designs in the business;
  • Bones as they are essentially a more stylized version of Sunrise since many of their animators started there (They contributed the Prototype short in Legends);
  • Or Production I.G. who also have experience with high-end productions involving Sci-Fi and Mecha's. (They contributed 'The Duel' and 'Homecoming' shorts for Legends).
How likely is this to happen?
  • Well, I'm not sure how it happened in the first place to be honest. Microsoft have never had the best relationship with Japan, I can't see Scalebound's cancellation as a plus for said relationship either, but whether that's related or not is academic at this point because knowing Halo's current direction, Halo Legends 2 would focus on Locke becoming a Saiyan who can kill planets with one punch, Buck becoming a neo-noir bounty hunter, a romance short about Vale choosing between Elite bachelors, and a slice of life comedy sketch where Arbiter and Chief live in an apartment together and Cortana appears as a ghost to haunt the- ...wait, no I think that last one actually happened.
I agree and it got lot going on that is relevant and isn't but Origins and the way they were told I thought was really cool and maybe should expand on that but guess stop being Halo legends where it has many art styles and stories. Just with Cortana pretty much having access to more information I think would give good look at her now and what is she thinking.
H8TRFFC wrote:
----------------------
I agree and it got lot going on that is relevant and isn't but Origins and the way they were told I thought was really cool and maybe should expand on that but guess stop being Halo legends where it has many art styles and stories. Just with Cortana pretty much having access to more information I think would give good look at her now and what is she thinking.
I think a short going into the thought processes of the Cortana Fragment right now would be cool, but I see that as more of a Terminal for Halo 6 than it's own project.
I'd even be cool with more motion comic / limited animation style content. Not sure if you've seen the Halo Evolutions shorts but they're worth checking out.
There's 4 in total, Headhunters, The Return, The Mona Lisa (very graphic/horror based, as it revolves around the Flood), and my personal favorite, Midnight on the Heart of Midlothian, which actually ties into the 'Prototype' short from Legends.
If it had some new studios then sure. Bones is great, but I'd like to see A-1 Pictures, Production I.G, Xebec, Wit, and a newcomer, NUT. I choose these based off certain themes from shows of all of theirs like war, mecha, action, and drama. I could add more, but then it would get very long. I highly doubt these studios would take it because these studios are top of the game in Japan. And with the shortage of animators in the anime industry right now it is even more unlikely.
I'd love to see Gainax take a crack at an episode.
I love a story on the ancient human empire or the forerunner uprising, the stoic /reformist war. early days of the Spartan project. or even a story set further in the future about where the series could end up. something to look forward to.
If it had some new studios then sure. Bones is great, but I'd like to see A-1 Pictures, Production I.G, Xebec, Wit, and a newcomer, NUT. I choose these based off certain themes from shows of all of theirs like war, mecha, action, and drama. I could add more, but then it would get very long. I highly doubt these studios would take it because these studios are top of the game in Japan. And with the shortage of animators in the anime industry right now it is even more unlikely.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA.................no. No way in hell are any of these top studios gonna waste their time on animating Halo. We already seriously lucked out with Bones on the first one. If we're very lucky again, we'll get a mid-tier studio like Gonzo or Satelight, but knowing our luck it'll probably be trash tier like Hoods Entertainment or Arms or DEEN.

MysticKami wrote:
Screw Gainiax man, I much rather see SHAFT take a shot. Sure it'll be a trainwreck, but it'll be the most glorious off the charts rage inducing trolololol trainwreck ever.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA.................no. No way in hell are any of these top studios gonna waste their time on animating Halo. We already seriously lucked out with Bones on the first one. If we're very lucky again, we'll get a mid-tier studio like Gonzo or Satelight, but knowing our luck it'll probably be trash tier like Hoods Entertainment or Arms or DEEN.

MysticKami wrote:
Screw Gainiax man, I much rather see SHAFT take a shot. Sure it'll be a trainwreck, but it'll be the most glorious off the charts rage inducing trolololol trainwreck ever.
Exactly. I even said it was very unlikely do to them being "on top" in Japan. Though NUT only has one entry under their belt right now with the adaptation of Youjo Senki last season, so they're the most "plausible" if it were to even happen. And oh lord, not DEEN, I'm already getting flashbacks to the beginning of Konosuba S2 and Fate/Stay Night... though Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka was a DEEN show and still looks good, I guess everyone has an "off day".
If it had some new studios then sure. Bones is great, but I'd like to see A-1 Pictures, Production I.G, Xebec, Wit, and a newcomer, NUT.
You do know Production I.G produced both 'The Duel' and 'Homecoming' for Legends, right? In addition to Toei animation for 'Odd One Out', I'd say they're both pretty top tier studios.
Plus, if you think studios like A-1 Pictures have 'too high standards' for Halo, I urge you to watch anything after episode one of Aldnoah.Zero, or GATE, or any of The Asterisk War, and tell me how good you think they are from an animation standpoint.

That is of course, implying the project would be worth investing in at all when the games are currently under-performing.
Not if its crappy anime writing, they can do the art (although reign in the artistic license crap) and get western writers to do the story.

MysticKami wrote:
Exactly. I even said it was very unlikely do to them being "on top" in Japan. Though NUT only has one entry under their belt right now with the adaptation of Youjo Senki last season, so they're the most "plausible" if it were to even happen. And oh lord, not DEEN, I'm already getting flashbacks to the beginning of Konosuba S2 and Fate/Stay Night... though Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka was a DEEN show and still looks good, I guess everyone has an "off day".
There IS one brand new studio whom I think would do a stellar job on Halo, Geno Studio if you've heard of them. They're like the illegitimate child Production I.G never knew they had. Only have one movie to their name so far but by golly did it look good.
H8TRFFC wrote:
If it had some new studios then sure. Bones is great, but I'd like to see A-1 Pictures, Production I.G, Xebec, Wit, and a newcomer, NUT.
You do know Production I.G produced both 'The Duel' and 'Homecoming' for Legends, right? In addition to Toei animation for 'Odd One Out', I'd say they're both pretty top tier studios.
Plus, if you think studios like A-1 Pictures have 'too high standards' for Halo, I urge you to watch anything after episode one of Aldnoah.Zero, or GATE, or any of The Asterisk War, tell me how good you think they are from an animation standpoint.
Sunrise are hungry enough for income they've decided to revive Code Geass of all things, so I think some M$ would talk in their direction.

That is of course, implying the project would be worth investing in at all when the games are currently under-performing.
I forgot about I.G's involvement in Legends, my bad. Toei on the other hand, is a shadow of it's former self. They've been pretty much just coasting on One Piece's success for the past decade and even that's running thin, as evidenced by them milking the hell out of DBS. I will admit though, that Seikai Suru Kado is a bright spot.

I never said A-1 et cetera had too high standards for Halo, I'm saying that they already have a crapton of shows lined up for goodness knows how many more subsequent seasons. Just see Granblue Fantasy for an example of major production delays. To devote precious resources away for making Halo would require them to sacrifice much more lucrative anime contracts, which won't make sense to them. And frankly I don't see MS throwing the amount of money required to pull some of these studios away, considering Legends wasn't much of a money-maker as well.

In short, it's good to dream, but then reality smacks you in the face with the Fist of Rukt.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4