Your most disliked helmet in Halo

OP BeastSprayz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I personally dislike anything that doesn't have a visor, and I especially dislike the Nightfall helmet, mostly because its a crappy rip-off of the Helljumper ODST helmet. ODSTs deserve better >:(
Helljumper is just superior and for those that drop into hell definitely deserve better.
Pretty much every helmet that 343i has made. The only exception to this is Chief's helmet in Halo 4.
Like wow dude.

Though I gotta say I prefer the BUNGiE era rogue helmet. I know some helmets changed style a bit when 343i took over, but seriously that was too much.

Halo 3 vs 4-5
Pretty much every helmet that 343i has made. The only exception to this is Chief's helmet in Halo 4.
Like wow dude.

Though I gotta say I prefer the BUNGiE era rogue helmet. I know some helmets changed style a bit when 343i took over, but seriously that was too much.

Halo 3 vs 4-5
People have preferences. I hate 343i's art design and direction, always have (especially given that they attempted to retcon Bungie's art direction in Halo 4 and act like it was always that terrible simply out of spite and the need to say 'this is ours now'). The Spartans look like Power Rangers, the actual suits look like cheap plastic Chinese knockoffs and the only person who came out of the redesign looking halfway decent was the Chief.

Most people agree with me, given that the complaints were enough to force 343i to go back to 'classic era' designs for Infinite.

Don't like my preferences? Feel free to ignore what some random dude on the Internet does or does not care about. Pretty simple.
Like wow dude.

Halo 3 vs 4-5
People have preferences. I hate 343i's art design and direction, always have (especially given that they attempted to retcon Bungie's art direction in Halo 4 and act like it was always that terrible simply out of spite and the need to say 'this is ours now'). The Spartans look like Power Rangers, the actual suits look like cheap plastic Chinese knockoffs and the only person who came out of the redesign looking halfway decent was the Chief.

Most people agree with me, given that the complaints were enough to force 343i to go back to 'classic era' designs for Infinite.

Don't like my preferences? Feel free to ignore what some random dude on the Internet does or does not care about. Pretty simple.
Sorry. I really get mad at people who bust 343’s chops for reasons like:

“Cause they make bad games.”

Your reason was valid. Thanks!
well, there ise an exesive amount of helmets in h5 not all of them are bad but some are wierd some are ok and some are cool but the absolute worst ones are tracer all three styles of tracer are wierd heck, the second one even has a target convineantly painted on it the description is that it has the largest portible supercomputer its like a giant water mellon with warts on it and second worst is cyclops its just wierd . but most helmets are ok but there is just way to manny.
I personally dislike anything that doesn't have a visor, and I especially dislike the Nightfall helmet, mostly because its a crappy rip-off of the Helljumper ODST helmet. ODSTs deserve better >:(
Helljumper is just superior and for those that drop into hell definitely deserve better.
Amen brother
Seeker of Halo 5
I am not sure which is my least favorite but war Master, seeker, FOTUS and defender are some of worst in my opinion
Any reason for why you listed those? As a side note, I like War Master as it is the Mjolnir suit that Headhunters post war usually use, it’s either War Master or Wrath, the EVA variant that is inspired by Emile’s design.
The helmet you are talking about is Wrath which I do like. War master has a visor that indents to make a face it looks dumb in my opinion.
Well some could argue Wrath looks dumb too, I mean is it not a face after all? The War Master Mjolnir armour is indented to look like a face for the intimidation factor, and personally I kinda like it more than Wrath, but it’s an opinion and we’re all entitled to one.
I think he means the visor is molded to look like a face, rather than having one engraved by the user. regardless, you made an opinion thread, acknowledging people have the right to that opinion, and then questioning that opinion. that does not add up at all. it looks like you got personally involved since you admit to liking the war master design. subjectivity does not require explanation. objectivity does.

For me, too many to list, mainly from H5. But when I read the title, the first one that came to mind was the Scout helmet from H3.
I am not sure which is my least favorite but war Master, seeker, FOTUS and defender are some of worst in my opinion
Any reason for why you listed those? As a side note, I like War Master as it is the Mjolnir suit that Headhunters post war usually use, it’s either War Master or Wrath, the EVA variant that is inspired by Emile’s design.
The helmet you are talking about is Wrath which I do like. War master has a visor that indents to make a face it looks dumb in my opinion.
Well some could argue Wrath looks dumb too, I mean is it not a face after all? The War Master Mjolnir armour is indented to look like a face for the intimidation factor, and personally I kinda like it more than Wrath, but it’s an opinion and we’re all entitled to one.
I think he means the visor is molded to look like a face, rather than having one engraved by the user. regardless, you made an opinion thread, acknowledging people have the right to that opinion, and then questioning that opinion. that does not add up at all. it looks like you got personally involved since you admit to liking the war master design. subjectivity does not require explanation. objectivity does.

For me, too many to list, mainly from H5. But when I read the title, the first one that came to mind was the Scout helmet from H3.
I’m questioning opinions to make a good discussion. I want to know why exactly he doesn’t like it as it conflicts with my thoughts. It’s not that their opinion is invalid, I just want to understand what they dislike about the helmet in discussion. I never downplay anyones opinions, I try to understand them.

I’m questioning opinions to make a good discussion. I want to know why exactly he doesn’t like it as it conflicts with my thoughts. It’s not that their opinion is invalid, I just want to understand what they dislike about the helmet in discussion. I never downplay anyones opinions, I try to understand them.
That would be fine if it was just to understand their perspective, but not when you try to draw a comparison: "Well some could argue Wrath looks dumb too, I mean is it not a face after all?". Maybe it's just me, but at that point you are going further than just trying to understand a perspective, rather, you are trying to convince them otherwise of their subjectivity. Example: "I don't like pink, it looks dumb." "Well, some could argue Fuschia looks dumb too, I mean is it not a shade of pink after all?.". In the knife community we call this "second type of cool". You like it, or hate it, because you just do. Something about it just does not jive with you, but you may like something else that is very similar. That type o cool is off limits to criticize someone over because it is subjective. But, you can imagine he probably does not like it because of how the face is molded on, and it may make the helmet look cheesy. Asking the right question, worded the correct way makes all the difference, and now I'm giving lessons, lol, I'm sorry.

I do not like the H3 Scout helm because it looks like a duck, is really pointy, rounded off, not really intimidating looking type deal. Looks like paper machet bolted on. The proportions just look wrong. This one though looks cool https://twitter.com/AbiSV1/status/1093116160902615040 IDK if the dimensions are exactly the same, but this one looks more slim lined.
It's a tie between the seeker helmet and FOTUS. I can't imagine what possessed the artists to design such abominations.

That would be fine if it was just to understand their perspective, but not when you try to draw a comparison: "Well some could argue Wrath looks dumb too, I mean is it not a face after all?". Maybe it's just me, but at that point you are going further than just trying to understand a perspective, rather, you are trying to convince them otherwise of their subjectivity. Example: "I don't like pink, it looks dumb." "Well, some could argue Fuschia looks dumb too, I mean is it not a shade of pink after all?.". In the knife community we call this "second type of cool". You like it, or hate it, because you just do. Something about it just does not jive with you, but you may like something else that is very similar. That type o cool is off limits to criticize someone over because it is subjective. But, you can imagine he probably does not like it because of how the face is molded on, and it may make the helmet look cheesy. Asking the right question, worded the correct way makes all the difference, and now I'm giving lessons, lol, I'm sorry.

I do not like the H3 Scout helm because it looks like a duck, is really pointy, rounded off, not really intimidating looking type deal. Looks like paper machet bolted on. The proportions just look wrong. This one though looks cool https://twitter.com/AbiSV1/status/1093116160902615040 IDK if the dimensions are exactly the same, but this one looks more slim lined.
It may have been wording, but I used those words to try draw out a conversation. I was not dismissing his subjectivity in the subject, just trying to understand. I personally like War Master and Wrath, and in the lore they do both fill a similar purpose, so understanding is all I was trying to do.
I don't like Air Assault and I'm also not a huge fan of Vale's helmet, not sure of its name.

My favorites are the Halo 3 Rogue, all Security variants, and all EOD variants.
Modern Rogue, It's a shame since IMO they haven't done the Rogue right since H3. :(
iDCFi wrote:
Modern Rogue, It's a shame since IMO they haven't done the Rogue right since H3. :(
The new Rogue designs really don’t do the armour justice. The helmet looks like a deformed EVA helmet.
Reach's Hazop looked like a Bumblebee knockoff to me.
So you may be looking at this thread in confusion. Well we have a thread of your favourite helmet in Halo, so I thought I’d create this to see what people’s most disliked helmet in Halo is. For me it’d probably be Seeker in Halo 5 as it really is unpractical and sticks out way too much, that I don’t see a need for why it would. Let’s not also forget the boom box speaker system that’s implemented, it doesn’t actually by the way, I’m making a joke, but it just looks like that, at least from my perspective. Well this is my personal opinion but let me know what your most disliked helmet in Halo is, and try to explain why, while maintaining respect for other people’s opinions.
We should rename him :speaker
there's a LOT of helmets i have a distaste for, but argonaut, nomad, argus, wetwork, achilles are a very small amount
probably argonaut
Every helmet "variant" in Halo 5 Guardians that had something like a circle slapped on it and was labled as a "new/different" helmet.
Seeker and FOTUS
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4