Forums / Community / Announcements

Halo: Anniversary Support FAQ

OP Forum Team

The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo: Anniversary. We'll be updating this FAQ as necessary, so if you don't find the answers you're looking for, check back later.

My multiplayer party has both Reach and Anniversary players, and we can see only Anniversary multiplayer maps.
Any multiplayer party that contains at least one player who is playing from the Halo: Anniversary disc will have access only to the Anniversary playlists. To gain access to Halo: Reach playlists, a party must have only players who are playing from the Reach disc.
I'm playing Anniversary, and I can't see the Reach multiplayer maps.
When you are playing from the Halo: Anniversary disc, you can play only the seven Anniversary multiplayer maps. You cannot play any of the Halo: Reach multiplayer maps (including the Noble and Defiant DLC multiplayer maps). You must be playing from the Reach disc to have access to the Reach and Reach DLC multiplayer maps. If you own Anniversary, and you want to play the Anniversary multiplayer maps from Reach, redeem the code you received when you purchased Anniversary. If you don't own Anniversary, you can still play the Anniversary multiplayer maps from Reach by purchasing the Anniversary Map Pack.
I'm playing Firefight in a translated version of Anniversary, and the custom voices are speaking English.
When you play Firefight in Halo: Anniversary, the recorded dialog you hear will always be in English, even in localized versions of the game.
I'm playing Anniversary, and I can't access the Reach DLC multiplayer maps.
To see any Halo: Reach multiplayer maps (including the Noble and Defiant DLC multiplayer maps), you must be playing from the Reach disc.
I can't hear my custom voice in Firefight.
If you're playing Firefight in Halo: Anniversary, and at least one member of your party does not have a hard disc drive (HDD), you will not hear custom voices, even if you do have an HDD.
I accepted a multiplayer invitation while playing Anniversary, and I'm being prompted to insert my Reach disc.
When you're playing Halo: Anniversary and you accept a multiplayer invitation to play Halo: Reach, you may be prompted to insert your Reach disc. If this happens, select "cancel," and then manually launch Reach Anniversary Multiplayer from the Anniversary main menu.
I'm trying to play multiplayer while not connected to Xbox LIVE, and I'm getting a "Player Failed to Load Content" error message.
When you're playing multiplayer with a party consisting of both Halo: Reach and Halo: Anniversary players, you must be connected to Xbox LIVE.
My achievement notification text looks corrupted.
This issue will be fixed in the next Xbox LIVE update, later this fall.

I can't use Quick Launch to start Halo: Anniversary.
This issue will be fixed in the next Xbox LIVE update, later this fall.

When I'm playing Anniversary with the Kinect, and I tilt the Kinect sensor several times, the game freezes.
After you apply the upcoming Halo: Anniversary title update, when you play Anniversary with the Kinect, the game may freeze when you repeatedly tilt the Kinect sensor.

While playing co-op, I can hear the audio from the Terminal the other player is watching, even when I'm not near him or her.
During co-op play, when one player is listening to audio from a Terminal, the other play may be able to hear the audio too.

Explosions don't look any bigger when my Boom skull is on.
When you're playing with the Boom skull on, explosions may not look bigger, but don't worry -- the area they affect is indeed larger.

I'm playing split-screen co-op with a friend, and my skulls appear on my friend's screen.
If you sign in first, and you're playing split-screen co-op, your skulls will appear on your friend's screen, and your friend will have access to those skulls while you're playing.

I'm playing in Classic mode with a skull on, but I can't see any of the visual effects.
Even though you can't see the visual effects of skulls in Classic mode, if you have a skull on, it's working. However, you will still be able to hear sound effects, even though you can't see the visual effects.

I'm getting a Kinect error message when I try to access the Library in Anniversary, even though my Kinect is on and connected.
In order to access the Library in Halo: Anniversary, you must first use Kinect's voice recognition functionality to "Analyze" and then "Scan" an object while playing the Campaign. If you have received this message, you may not have done this yet. After at least one object has been scanned, you should be able to access the Library and view the associated entry without receiving the error message.