Skip to main content
So, I did quit one game today, but I just finished a 2v4 game that we won, at the end, after time expired a message said that i was disconnected from the server. Now I have a 43 min ban! that is INSANE. I just don't get it. 10 mins, ok, 45 not ok.
Hey 343, I have received an extreme banhammer. About 3 days! I understand that I get upset and might quit a match when my team is being helpful and are losing badly, but most of the time I am banned due to poor connection of dedicated servers. However, the absurd part about this is the fact that I get disconnected immediately at the end of a matches in arena, when the opposing team walks on the screen and such. What is also dumb is I even receive the rewards(requisition points and experience) and I still get disconnected...and then banned. This always happens, and does not even affect the playing experiences of my teammates and such for the matchmade game when I get disconnected at the end. I have been a dedicated halo fan ever since halo 1 was released and have enjoyed 343 installments as well, this is starting to change my opinion of the game.
Same exact thing just happened to me, the game was over and I just got banned, just because of bad connection, 343 needs to fix this
I just got banned for almost nine hours after I finished my arena match. I quit one match earlier today, but when the current match finished I got banned. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!
I've had the same issue also with finishing a match and getting banned for quitting. This has happened a few times in recent weeks and needs to be resolved. ASAP !
I've had the same issue also with finishing a match and getting banned for quitting. This has happened a few times in recent weeks and needs to be resolved. ASAP !
The system generally runs 1 or 2 matches behind, so you ban will be for something triggered in a prevous match
343 broke the game, I want my money back.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/i-give-up/08095e0c-3bbc-4ed3-8125-b6df44025659/posts
Same thing happens to me. Finish a game, get disconnected from server, and just got banned for 12 hours. I may leave a game or two but most of the time I just disconnect from the server causing it to count me as leaving. And every time I get banned the time increases so I almost don't want to play because I know I'll get banned. If someone from 343 would please adress this issue because halo 5 is fun asf but issues like this ruin the game. GT: Herman Norman
stckrboy wrote:
The system generally runs 1 or 2 matches behind, so you ban will be for something triggered in a prevous match
The same thing just happened to me, go to my game history and you'll see I only DNF one match in over a week. THIS IS A GLITCH.
I had the same problem. This is ridiculous.
Quit one game over the course of a few days and get banned for an hour. What a joke this ban system and 343 is.
lmao i wouldnt complain about the 43 minutes same thing has happened to me...twice, i get disconnected at the end of a game im on a 3 day ban... WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOOSE CONNECTION AGAIN HUH!!!! DO I THEN GET BANNED FOR A WEEK FOR YOUR POORLY MADE BAN SYSTEM!!!! this is outrageous all i can say is bungie wouldn't of done me like this... if this dosent get fixed soon then you lost my business because im just about fed up with this, and too be honest even for people who leave and get booted the ban should not excede 9 hours i mean seriously what do you expect when its a 1v4 against a bunch of sweats, you want me to sit there and get my -Yoink- kicked to avoid A 3 DAY BAN!, and like i said i wonder what comes after 3 days...STUPIDEST BAN SYSTEM EVER...sad part is i just wasted my time because i doubt any 343 employee will see this and fix the problem, THIS WHOLE FORUM HALO SUPPORT BS IS ONLY HERE TO MAKE US FEEL GOOD, and if this is ever seen i dont want to hear no "we are working on the problem temporarily and it should be fixed" i want it fixed and apparently so does a big part of the community, thankyou
If people wouldn't quit out of games than this wouldn't be an issue. But people quit almost every game so we need some way to fix it.
bradwruck wrote:
So, I did quit one game today, but I just finished a 2v4 game that we won, at the end, after time expired a message said that i was disconnected from the server. Now I have a 43 min ban! that is INSANE. I just don't get it. 10 mins, ok, 45 not ok.
Jesus, that's stupid.
you know what, i got banhanmmer yestoday because halo5 keep crash and i did't quit one single game, after crash many times, i go banhanmmer
Same happens to me. I literally get banned nearly every 5 games for no reason. My internet is great, I don't quit or do any betrayals. 5 games then a 24 hr ban for the last week or so. No-one to contact about it.
As we have the Ban Megathread set up now, please direct all your queries there. Thanks :)