Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] Banned after completing a match?

OP Ereaser NL

So today I decided to start playing Halo 5 again, since a long time.

First SWAT match I got absolutely rekt and probably caused my team to lose.
Second SWAT match is on Truth, a map I hated before but with my terrible aim I feel like I will just start feeding the enemy team so I decide to leave.
Third SWAT match is on Pegasus, finally getting the hang of the aiming again. The match ends and I get an error message my console disconnected from the servers, two seconds later I get a popup I'm banned.
I even received XP and the pack for the 1st daily win for the match, but I still got banned.

The ban was only for a while since I'm unbanned already, but just making this thread to point out that when you disconnect after a game ends you shouldn't get banned for it.
(Idk if it counted as a DNF since I don't know where I'd find that)
Also I've rarely quit games in the past (again no idea how I could prove this)
All ban-related questions and discussion should be directed to the pinned official ban thread in the support forum:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/the-official-halo-5-why-was-i-banned-thread/19fa6556-e0b1-4248-b817-b3a99d0af5bf/posts

Also, to address your situation: the banhammer typically runs one game behind you. So when you got banned this most recent time, it wasn't because of the game you were in on Pegasus when the ban was applied. It was because of the game before that, the one on Truth, that you quit. The banhammer took 1 game to catch up to you and apply the ban.
Ereaser NL wrote:

Second SWAT match is on Truth, a map I hated before but with my terrible aim I feel like I will just start feeding the enemy team so I decide to leave.
Third SWAT match is on Pegasus, finally getting the hang of the aiming again. The match ends and I get an error message my console disconnected from the servers, two seconds later I get a popup I'm banned.
I even received XP and the pack for the 1st daily win for the match, but I still got banned.

The ban was only for a while since I'm unbanned already, but just making this thread to point out that when you disconnect after a game ends you shouldn't get banned for it.
i bolded the reason why you were banned..... common now, you left and got banned a game later. you were not banned for finishing a match, that DC was you being kicked form the servers to serve a ban
Kihn x ju wrote:
Ereaser NL wrote:

i bolded the reason why you were banned..... common now, you left and got banned a game later. you were not banned for finishing a match, that DC was you being kicked form the servers to serve a ban
I understand now that the banhammer needs to catch up.
Still after a leaving a single game since months of playing? Even though I didn't leave a lot before I stopped playing. Seems a bit excessive, but oh well. At least I know it wasn't because of that disconnect.
Ereaser NL wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Ereaser NL wrote:

Still after a leaving a single game since months of playing? Even though I didn't leave a lot before I stopped playing. Seems a bit excessive, but oh well. At least I know it wasn't because of that disconnect.
unfortunately amount of days in between quits doesnt matter, if anything is amount of games ( which needs to be in the hundreds) is what matters, and also the system keeps track of every DNF so some how compiles tat up to determine if its a ban or not . it has it flaws yes, but its all there is right now. i think they will try to improve the system after they finish with their monthly DLC
I just got banned for completing a match as well but for 2 days
Kihn x ju wrote:
Ereaser NL wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Ereaser NL wrote:

unfortunately amount of days in between quits doesnt matter, if anything is amount of games ( which needs to be in the hundreds) is what matters, and also the system keeps track of every DNF so some how compiles tat up to determine if its a ban or not . it has it flaws yes, but its all there is right now. i think they will try to improve the system after they finish with their monthly DLC
I've browsed through my arena history:
- Last 100 games I've DNF'd 3 times.
- Last 200 games I've DNF'd 11 times.
(that's including my latest which got me banned).

It might take Warzone/firefight into account as well though. Which is 9 in the last 100 games, of which I'm almost certain 4 were due to connection issues (all on the same day, I didn't even get a lot of kills/deaths and sometimes my team won).

I also have quite a lot of Custom Games that aren't finished, because I was checking out minigames with my friend. I doubt they will be taken in consideration though when issuing a ban.

Very curious how this system works...