Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Black screen when accesing REQs

OP YerryBatista

This glitch is rendering the game unplayable, I can't play like this.

I tried reinstalling the game many times, I left the saves intact.

I have experiencing this problem since a month ago, and it getting worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuDsxXr-6wQ
Do you know if this started happening before or after our most recent update to Halo 5 on March 7?
As long as I remember the problem got worse after the update.
Im right there with you op. If i may add my two cents to help diagnose this issue..... these are my observations and how i think they relate.

1, game used to crash while loading a reg wz game if you where opping reqs in between games. Like you finished one game and while the timer was ticking down and the time it took you to find, connect and deploy into next game. This was about a yr ago now if I remember? Maybe less. If i can remember it was after the hot fix around that time.

2, i belive it was one full content update before this last one. Mmm about the time the wasp was introduced... instead of the game crashing it would give you the black loading screen. But for me it wasn't very often. Again playing mostly wz but had a few isolated ones in arena.

3. After the last big content update ( hanible and oni wasp variants) it was a lot more frequent. Mainly wz assault.

4. After this last little "hot fix" it is unbelievable! I have been grinding wz assault and i get it once or twice out of 5-7 games. I am normally in a party with 1-3/4 ppl, playing wz assault and i have to constantly ask if they have loaded into the game yet. I have had this happen a few times playing wz assault solo tho. Juat seams its not as much. I have noticed if im in the black screen for a while and i can hear the map background sound fx i will load in just fine. I say tht because the black screen times have increased drastically to what I remember them being a while ago.

5. My friends that i party with in wz assault dont seam to have the same frequency of it happening to them. Maybe once outa 10-15 games it will happen to them.

6 my observation is it became a problem about the time the search options where given to us. I normally do search expanded for wz assault to find matches quickly. And i used focused for arean.

What can i do to help this!? I waited with angst for the last few updates to address this. I can understand the challenge in trying to nail down the small bytes of data in a what 50gb game. So what ever i can do to help narrow it down i will. If it helps i will set dvr to a few minutes and start recording every time it happens so you can see what im doing and just how frequently it is. Thanks for your time.
I can also record video and upload them to youtube 1080p captured from the game, for the whole mission.
Just curious YerryBatista and spiders11b, which region of the word do you guys live in? Maybe the black outs are happening in specific regions?
I live in the Dominican Republic.

this is my connection with my ISP:
Ping: 3ms
Download : 103.01Mbps
Upload : 12.10Mbps

This is the connection with a US server: TELUS Calgary, AB
PING: 130ms
DOWNLOAD : 99.35Mbps
UPLOAD : 13.03Mbps
I played today, the problem seems to be gone in WZFF, just a few half second black screens in the store.
The problem has returned, I can't access my REQs, I'm Blind :(
spiders11b wrote:
Im right there with you op. If i may add my two cents to help diagnose this issue..... these are my observations and how i think they relate.

1, game used to crash while loading a reg wz game if you where opping reqs in between games. Like you finished one game and while the timer was ticking down and the time it took you to find, connect and deploy into next game. This was about a yr ago now if I remember? Maybe less. If i can remember it was after the hot fix around that time.

2, i belive it was one full content update before this last one. Mmm about the time the wasp was introduced... instead of the game crashing it would give you the black loading screen. But for me it wasn't very often. Again playing mostly wz but had a few isolated ones in arena.

3. After the last big content update ( hanible and oni wasp variants) it was a lot more frequent. Mainly wz assault.

4. After this last little "hot fix" it is unbelievable! I have been grinding wz assault and i get it once or twice out of 5-7 games. I am normally in a party with 1-3/4 ppl, playing wz assault and i have to constantly ask if they have loaded into the game yet. I have had this happen a few times playing wz assault solo tho. Juat seams its not as much. I have noticed if im in the black screen for a while and i can hear the map background sound fx i will load in just fine. I say tht because the black screen times have increased drastically to what I remember them being a while ago.

5. My friends that i party with in wz assault dont seam to have the same frequency of it happening to them. Maybe once outa 10-15 games it will happen to them.

6 my observation is it became a problem about the time the search options where given to us. I normally do search expanded for wz assault to find matches quickly. And i used focused for arean.

What can i do to help this!? I waited with angst for the last few updates to address this. I can understand the challenge in trying to nail down the small bytes of data in a what 50gb game. So what ever i can do to help narrow it down i will. If it helps i will set dvr to a few minutes and start recording every time it happens so you can see what im doing and just how frequently it is. Thanks for your time.
Is your issue the black loading screen before a match starts, where games don't load for you? This is caused by the vow pack. Switching back to palmer will fix this.
I don't have
spiders11b wrote:

Is your issue the black loading screen before a match starts, where games don't load for you? This is caused by the vow pack. Switching back to palmer will fix this.
I don't have any special pack installed, just palmer.