Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] Constant Freezes

OP Sadume Yaloss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't know if it is just me but I recently got the Xbox X scorpio project and I started revisiting halo 5: Guardians and I will say, things look better and feel smoother but I started encountering ALOT of times where my game is frozen to eventually crashing, when I join or finish a game I will be stuck on a screen for more than 5 minutes, sometimes hearing the menu theme or not at all.

Just wondering if this is something with the game or with my disc.
The freezing occurs when players leave or join a game in progress and has been a known glitch for a long time. They said they fixed it in the Overtime 4k update, but obviously not since you me and a plethora of other players are still experiencing it.
Exenius wrote:
The freezing occurs when players leave or join a game in progress and has been a known glitch for a long time. They said they fixed it in the Overtime 4k update, but obviously not since you me and a plethora of other players are still experiencing it.
Honestly I don't expect H5 to be fixed, ever. We've been promised so much by 343 only to be burned in the end.
The freezing when players leave and join is one issue, but there is also an issue of freezing when the game ends and you back out to the playlist menus. It's been happening for a long time and seems to be getting worse. I mentioned in another thread, but I had a freeze last night that lasted for 2 1/2 minutes which was the worst one yet since they usually only last around 10-30 seconds.
I just have a normal xbox one and this has been an issue for me in Halo 5 since launch. I've tried reinstalling the entire game and everything. You'll probably just have to learn to live with it like I have over the past 2 years.
dude.. came here to post just this. just got the one x for HALO ONLY and I freeze about every three games.. so disappointing I can't even.. wasted so many reqs too.. 😣
This is a new issue for me, playing on an original model Xbox One. I thought it was my external hard drive, but apparently it's the game. I have been playing since launch.
please fix very annoying
Same here, I haven’t played in a while and decided to play digital copy today and it will freeze at times after a match is over.
Same here no responses from 343 aswell maybe time will tell
We should really get this noticed by 343 cause for a customs guy like me, after each game it freezes for an eternity, hell it's alot faster JUST to close and open halo 5 again, this is just absolutely stupid to do for such an annoying system.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The freezing when players leave and join is one issue, but there is also an issue of freezing when the game ends and you back out to the playlist menus. It's been happening for a long time and seems to be getting worse. I mentioned in another thread, but I had a freeze last night that lasted for 2 1/2 minutes which was the worst one yet since they usually only last around 10-30 seconds.
Yesterday I played Castle Crashers, played the whole game to the finish, the announcer said it was a tie, the game crashed got a DNF and sent me clear out to the xbox home page. Usually the game just freezes after a game and have to close the game and start over, this was a new one.
Sadly the issue has been longer overdue for a fix, to this day I'm still having to reset my game often because the game frequently freezes, starting to think Halo 5 is more than MCC at the moment.
I’m playing 1 game a day at present as EVERY time it crashs
Pick a game mode, play, crash, restart, repeat, isn’t fun...
Plz 343i notice this literally game-breaking issue and give us some news about it!, those assassinations lobbies can't wait for me to restart halo every damn match.

I'm just kidding but it's seriously getting on my nerves and would love just SOMETHING of hope to know this has be acknowledge, Esports ads can wait.
really tired of the screen freezing and crashing me out of games that other people don't crash out of, I honestly don't think it will ever be fixed
Kairo wrote:
really tired of the screen freezing and crashing me out of games that other people don't crash out of, I honestly don't think it will ever be fixed
Hopefulyl 343i isn't as lazy as bungie, at least they...do something..sometimes
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I've been regularly experiencing the following issues since the last update (Xbox One S):
  • Halo 5 failing to start - "... took too long to load" error message.
  • Screen / menu freezes after games or when switching between game stats page and menu or REQs menu and main menu.
  • Screen / menu freezes when attempting to start or exit matchmaking.
In the past, any errant screen freezes would correct themselves after a minute or two. Now, there are times where I've left it alone for 5-10 minutes with no change, so I've had to kill and restart the game.
I'm having the ''menu freeze'' like every 2-3 games. this never happen on my regular xbox one, please 343 fix this issue on xbox one x consoles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2