Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Dedicated Server and Freezing Issues

OP NCIS117

I’ve been having a couple of recurring problems.
1. The first game I get into always kicks me out before the match loads saying “there was something wrong with the dedicated server”. This happens in Social, Ranked and Warzone.

2. After one or two matches of any playlist my game freezes up. This is a relatively new issue and has only been happening for about a month or so.

3. This last issue has been going on for at least since Custom Games was added. I would play a few matches before my game would either lag so bad it froze, or the game would crash upon returning to the menu after a match. Though I will point out that this issues seems to happen more frequently when I have more than four people in the lobby.

Can someone, anyone please help with these issues? I’m trying to get max rank and have fun but it’s hard to do whenever I have to constantly restart my game, and sometimes, my console too.
NCIS117 wrote:
1. The first game I get into always kicks me out before the match loads saying “there was something wrong with the dedicated server”. This happens in Social, Ranked and Warzone.

2. After one or two matches of any playlist my game freezes up. This is a relatively new issue and has only been happening for about a month or so.

3. This last issue has been going on for at least since Custom Games was added. I would play a few matches before my game would either lag so bad it froze, or the game would crash upon returning to the menu after a match. Though I will point out that this issues seems to happen more frequently when I have more than four people in the lobby.

Can someone, anyone please help with these issues? I’m trying to get max rank and have fun but it’s hard to do whenever I have to constantly restart my game, and sometimes, my console too.
1. Is a long-term known issue. The only known temporary fix is a full console factory reset.

2. I've also been experiencing it: it's probably a similar local caching issue from what I've seen, but nothing official

3. Not experienced so can't comment
MorseyBaby wrote:
NCIS117 wrote:

1. Is a long-term known issue. The only known temporary fix is a full console factory reset.

2. I've also been experiencing it: it's probably a similar local caching issue from what I've seen, but nothing official

Thanks for input! I just wish that these things could be fixed like the first problem I spoke of. If the know it’s an issue, have they ever talked about it? If so, do you have a link to that post?
NCIS117 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
NCIS117 wrote:

Thanks for input! I just wish that these things could be fixed like the first problem I spoke of. If the know it’s an issue, have they ever talked about it? If so, do you have a link to that post?
Not that I've ever seen to be honest- all that comes from other forums users