Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] ERROR ENCOUNTERED WHILE SAVING

OP theSenate117

Whenever I'm trying to save a custom gametype, a red text "Error encountered while saving" pops up at the lower right corner and I can't save it. Does anyone have the same problem?
I do aswell, and I can't get the achievment.
Same for me. I also never have the option to spectate my friends
Make sure your security settings are set to adult, it worked for me
^^^ that right there is the answer. I was immediately able to save a custom game, spectate and get the two achievements. It looks like a permission issue.
Everything is set to "allow" or "everyone", still not working.

I removed my profile, cache reset the Xbox, reinstalled halo 5, etc. I have open Nat, etch, etc.

I can save forge maps, bookmark or download them. But I can not get my bookmarked game types to load, nor can I "save" or "save as". The error "error encountered while saving" comes up.

Any help!!??
Bump?
I've recently gone through all my settings, deleted nearly all my custom maps that I've downloaded from other players, removed all bookmarks (I think)

I STILL can not load any custom game type
Nor can I save any custom game type that I have created

But I can load and save custom maps.

No work, no fix, no advice folks?
dcrin3 wrote:
^^^ that right there is the answer. I was immediately able to save a custom game, spectate and get the two achievements. It looks like a permission issue.
My setting were adult, but now have been updated to "custom".

Everything is set to "allow" or "everyone" - still nothing. Anybody have any other input?!?
Still won't let me save. So dumb.
Try and load another game or app and then return to Halo 5, this has worked for me.
This is still a problem for me.

Moderators wont like this post because its an "old" issue, but months later its still not fixed. So, its current in my book.

I thank this forum for all its non-wonderful support.... the overwhelming response on this thread and others is a testament.
l Omnix l wrote:
This is still a problem for me.

Moderators wont like this post because its an "old" issue, but months later its still not fixed. So, its current in my book.

I thank this forum for all its non-wonderful support.... the overwhelming response on this thread and others is a testament.
And here I am today, 5 years later struggling to find an answer. It won't save my infection game mode. So annoying..
Please don't revive old topics thanks