Anyone else having freezing issues in matchmaking? And no I'm not referring to lag but an actual freeze where the game fails to load for a split second and your spartan is aimlessly moves and looks elsewhere. I have the Xbox One X and have a solid internet connection. I also have the digital download of halo 5 and I think that's where the main issue is coming from. I've tried to redownload just for the same freezing to occur. It happens about 2 to 4 times per match and is getting frustrating as can be now. Anyone else dealing with the same problem?
It seems to happen when someone leaves a match in progress, or joins mid match. I have a disk copy so it's just a problem with the game, not necessarily that you have a digital copy. I am curious though. Does your game freeze for 20 to 30 seconds after each match? Mine has done that forever and I would have thought 343 would have fixed it by now
It seems to happen when someone leaves a match in progress, or joins mid match. I have a disk copy so it's just a problem with the game, not necessarily that you have a digital copy. I am curious though. Does your game freeze for 20 to 30 seconds after each match? Mine has done that forever and I would have thought 343 would have fixed it by now
Ive had that issue many times and its only after a match when it freezes. Sometimes I have to restart the game. I have the disk copy.
Do you experience it in other online games or just H5? Just seeing if maybe it's bufferbloat, but it's probably a server issue. Like others mentioned, it can also freeze if people leave the game.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Do you experience it in other online games or just H5? Just seeing if maybe it's bufferbloat, but it's probably a server issue. Like others mentioned, it can also freeze if people leave the game.
Only in h5 but I dont play too many games outside of the halos though.
I had the game freeze on me a couple of times yesterday during game play. It hasn't done that in quite a while.
This is common in custom games for when the server migrates. This often happens when people leave but I've seen it happen randomly before. It's a common thing that people just deal with :/
It's due to people leaving the match. For some reason the engine keeps running (as it should) but fails to output frames for a few seconds. You can still fully control yourself but others may not get hit with the freeze at the same time as you or even at all in many cases. It's awful when it happens mid-fight with someone too.....