Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Halo 5 Can't Enter Multiplayer Game

OP The Kewl Kiwi

Every time I try to get into a MP game of Halo 5 I physically cannot enter one, every time I get hit with an error or something else along those lines making it nearly impossible to join a game without 5+ tries and a restart in-between every one of them. It gets even worse if I'm in a fireteam, then I am completely incapable of hosting any matches and have about a 30% chance to get into one hosted by someone else. Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this? I don't want to dislike 5 for something that shouldn't be a problem.
Every time I try to get into a MP game of Halo 5 I physically cannot enter one, every time I get hit with an error or something else along those lines making it nearly impossible to join a game without 5+ tries and a restart in-between every one of them. It gets even worse if I'm in a fireteam, then I am completely incapable of hosting any matches and have about a 30% chance to get into one hosted by someone else. Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this? I don't want to dislike 5 for something that shouldn't be a problem.
I have no idea, but you may wish to shut down your entire internet or something.
Disconnect your internet so it an refresh itself. Unplug your Xbox power supply, plug both back in and then start both up. When the internet is working, go into the network settings of your Xbox and run the detailed diagnostic test. Make sure everything on that end is good. Open nat, no packet loss, hopefully decent latency, multiplayer fully working etc.

If all that works but halo 5 still isn't running right..it may be time to actually Uninstall the game and reinstall it. Sometimes that will fix errors. Other than that...the region you play, who you're connecting with etc can affect things as well. Hopefully you are physically connected to your internet.
Try restarting your Xbox and reconnect your Internet