Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Halo 5 freezing in MM while playing

OP Paco Pavlov

Hi, I came back to play H5 and now I have following problem.
While I am playing a game, it freezes for like 1 second and then goes on. This happens 2-10 times per game and is very annoying and causes many deaths because I dont know what happens and I cant shot back.
It is the only game ghat has this problems, every other works fine. I deinstalled it it installed it again but it hasnt helped at all. And it happens on restricted, balanced and expanded search.

XBox One S connected through lan
1000 Mbit/s down and 50 Mbit/s up.

What can I do or is this happening to all?
My guess would be lag spikes maybe with the servers you're connecting with. What search options are you using (focused, expanded)?
Been happening to me for a very long time now; it appears to be worst in WZFF.

There is a topic in these forums where they claimed they had fixed it ....
Are you playing on the X, S or core Xbox One?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
My guess would be lag spikes maybe with the servers you're connecting with. What search options are you using (focused, expanded)?
As I wrote on all of them.
vengeant wrote:
Been happening to me for a very long time now; it appears to be worst in WZFF.

There is a topic in these forums where they claimed they had fixed it ....
Thank you for the feedback. I really like the MP but its very annoying.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Are you playing on the X, S or core Xbox One?
As I wrote Xbox One S.
Oh, I missed that part. Your issue sounds like packet loss or maybe bufferbloat, but since you said it doesn't happen on other games then I'd go with my previous answer that it's likely something with your connection to the servers. Does resetting your modem/router change anything?
When I had the Xbox one s I had the same issue. Ever since I got the X I’ve had no freezes.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Oh, I missed that part. Your issue sounds like packet loss or maybe bufferbloat, but since you said it doesn't happen on other games then I'd go with my previous answer that it's likely something with your connection to the servers. Does resetting your modem/router change anything?
No, router resetting doesnt help. I also changed my router (not because of H5) and nothing changed.
Mr Vacha wrote:
When I had the Xbox one s I had the same issue. Ever since I got the X I’ve had no freezes.
:/ I have no money to buy a new console now and I also wouldnt just because of H5.
It could simply be your harddrive not keeping up the momentum? It might overheat or just getting sluggish.
Same thing happens to me, i doubt it has to do something with the connection because the last input commands (like go left, or throw a grenade) happen during the freeze) still happen.

its very annoying indeed
The same exact thing happened to me recently on both of my Xbox's. Let me know if any solutions worked out for you.
Unfortunately nothing worked for me, i cant play play than 2 games of Halo 5 because I get so annoyed by these freezes. I Love the holiday playlist but with this problem it it unplayable :(
I just resetted my whole Xbox and just installed H5 after that but i get still freezes.
Then i guess its probably hardware related