OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
APRIL 4 UPDATE - 4:25PM PT
We've got even more good news today as well. After bringing the West US datacenter back online and monitoring it closely, we can confirm it is no longer seeing the issue. This means that our NorthCentral US, SouthCentral US, and West US databases are back online and functioning as expected.

While we're considering this issue resolved, we will continue to monitor our all of our datacenters to ensure this does not impact any other locations or players. If you see any remaining cases of warping or hitching, please share a video of it happening and a include a link to the match here on Waypoint.

Thank you again for your patience as we worked through this over the past two weeks. It was a tough one to track down, solve, and apply in the live environment, so we truly appreciate you hanging in there with us.

-
APRIL 3 UPDATE - 7PM PT
Today comes with good news! Let's jump straight into it by location so you can see how things have progressed.
  • NorthCentral US: Rollback completed yesterday. We're seeing servers continue to perform exceptionally at this location.
  • SouthCentral US: Rollback completed today. While we anticipated this to take until Saturday, our partners found and expedited an alternative solution which has resolved the issue at this datacenter.
  • West US: Rollback completed today. This finished as planned today, but because it completed right before peak hours we opted to bring this location online tomorrow morning. In doing so, we ensure West US players can jump in without any issues tonight and allow the datacenter time for a more smooth return (and scaling) tomorrow.
We'll follow up with another update once the West US datacenter comes back online and we can look into its performance.

-
APRIL 2 UPDATE - 8PM PT
The rollback continued today and progressed enough for us to turn our NorthCentral US datacenter back on. Unfortunately, it has not completed in our other datacenters. Here's a status of each of our impacted locations:
  • NorthCentral US: Rollback completed. The location has been brought back online and we're already seeing servers perform well.
  • SouthCentral US: Rollback in progress. Our partners anticipate that this datacenter will finish rolling back on Saturday. While only a fraction of the matches hosted in this location were encountering the issue, you may still experience lingering funkiness until everything is complete.
  • West US: Rollback in progress. Our partners anticipate that this datacenter will finish rolling back tomorrow. Once it is completed, we'll bring it back online and monitor the performance of its matches.
We realize that the timing has shifted back since our initial estimates, so we wanted to provide increased visibility on today's findings. As a heads up, tomorrow our team will be focused on the following for each location:
  • NorthCentral US: Actively monitor the matches hosted here and ensure it continues to perform well.
  • SouthCentral US: Our focus will be to monitor the rollback with partner teams and ensure we're both prepared for it to complete by Saturday.
  • West US: Validate that the rollback completes on the WestUS datacenter, bring it back online, and monitor it closely (as mentioned above)
Hopefully breaking things down in this manner helps shed more light on the issue and answers some of the questions you may have.

Please know that we're working hard to bring everything back to normal and will provide daily updates until we're able to do so.

We can't thank you enough for your patience and understanding as we work though this with multiple external teams.

-
APRIL 1 UPDATE - 5:30PM PT
We worked with partner teams today to ensure the rollback continued throughout the day. Our new estimate is that it will be completed within the next 24 hours. While this has taken much longer than we initially anticipated on Friday, we're hoping that it will bring a resolution to these issues.

We'll continue to monitor the impacted datacenters and provide another update tomorrow on how the rollback has progressed.

-
APRIL 1 UPDATE - 12PM PT
Thanks for the continued reports over the weekend everyone. We noticed that our rollback has taken longer than anticipated and has not reached all of the impacted datacenters.

Our team has directed traffic from our West US datacenter, which was seeing some of these hitches, to other locations in order to help improve your experience until the rollback has completed.

We plan on updating this thread again before the end of the day with our progress. Please stay tuned for more information.

-
Please check this post to see all updates from March. Stay tuned for the most recent updates here.
-

Unyshek wrote:
Hey everyone,

We've been keeping a close eye on increasing player reports of server issues with Halo 5: Guardians. After some initial investigating, we were able to identify a datacenter in the North Central US that was causing players to experience hitches/warping and have temporary disabled it.

While this may increase the ping for people who would typically connect in the North Central US, we're confident that this will lead to a better experience for everyone while we further investigate the issue.

Rest assured that we're looking into it and will continuously update this thread when information as it comes in.

Thank you for your patience.
I know there was rubber-banding last week and early in the week, I've seen some strange behaviour on the servers. I assume you mean issues relating to the issue I mentioned earlier but the way you wording it made it sound more like this. So the issue with the server lately ends up looking more like vanishing/teleporting than warping while oddly natural game-flow seems fine. I've even seen the main menu showing what looks like the previous game in the background continuing despite the game ending when a server seem fails to exit properly.
Like many others I've had lag, but my biggest thing has been shots and melee not registering at all, especially melee. Been super frustrating. I wish Halo 5 could get the feature that MCC has and you can see your pings and such. It would also be great to be able connect to the closest sever aswell. I'm sure most of the time we do, but it would be nice to check.

Anyways, All this is good to know, thanks for the update Unyshek.
The length of time this issue has persisted is inexcusable. Skipping, freezing, shots not registering, deaths behind walls/barriers...this is unplayable. I for one am done with this game. It was put into a dumpster fire with 5, and now this.
Good riddance.
My main issue has been not being able to play a game with friends and the constant in game lag. We will start one up and at least one of us is kicked out because server issues or everyone will be lagging while in a game. Hopefully the March 20th quick fix has solved that part of the problem. Right now it seems that mcc is more stable than halo 5, which i never thought i would be saying.
Yeah I had this problem really bad for a couple days that I played Ranked and it was EVERY MATCH. However, playing BTB didn't ever expose this issue, unless the data center was turned off when I last played BTB. Either way, I'm not affected any longer at this point in Central Illinois.
Had an issue 1-2 weeks ago where sometimes games lagged from start to finish (everyone warping constantly and game time freezing every 5-8 seconds). Haven't had it in a while, so hopefully it was caused by this and now is fixed.
I've been experiencing longer search times (Vanilla MCC search times for comparsion), rubber banding, mysterious spartans appearing out of nowhere like Dr. Strange fanbois and random disconnects in pre-game lobbies.

I live in Denmark, Europa and the problem has been ongoing for a couple of weeks.
KenniTDG wrote:
I've been experiencing longer search times (Vanilla MCC search times for comparsion), rubber banding, mysterious spartans appearing out of nowhere like Dr. Strange fanbois and random disconnects in pre-game lobbies.

I live in Denmark, Europa and the problem has been ongoing for a couple of weeks.
Haven't seen that since this Tuesday but I have noticed recently that the rubber-banding has just returned for me with the usual teleporting me around everywhere and Spartans teleporting randomly, grenades vanishing or coming out of nowhere. Last week it was going for about 6 days straight and now it's returning again, this is concerning since trying to farm exp for my last rank.
Same here.

Just hopped on my first game.

Delayed pick-up of weapons, players rubber-banding, spawning twice, throwing two grenades at the same time, delayed rate of fire, etc.

It has been bad for a few days now, but this match takes the cake:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/848fef03-33f8-494c-bc4d-fdce789eb90d/players/aerith%20the%20red?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Hope you guys fix it soon. Ima avoid H5 in the meantime for my sanity. Smh
Same here.

Just hopped on my first game.

Delayed pick-up of weapons, players rubber-banding, spawning twice, throwing two grenades at the same time, delayed rate of fire, etc.

It has been bad for a few days now, but this match takes the cake:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/848fef03-33f8-494c-bc4d-fdce789eb90d/players/aerith%20the%20red?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Hope you guys fix it soon. Ima avoid H5 in the meantime for my sanity. Smh
Yeh I think I had the spawning twice issue too, sort of like about to move across the map then find myself in the start area in 'Castle Wars'....yeh it's kind of confusing when trying to play anything at the moment since generally feel I have no clue what's going on. Had to take break too but will have to try again later but exp weekend got to get as much exp as possible.
Really long search times for me here in NZ ;(
I know lag has been a common issue for Australia since the removal of dedicated servers but recently I’ve been experiencing Major rubber banding and teleporting back and forth during all games arena and warzone, Where is the Aussie friendly host :’(
Ive rubber banded before but recently Halo 5 servers for me and my other Australian friends have been soo laggy perfect kills take 9 shots, Please fix 343
i cant grind to level 152 on these papier-mâché server issues

I live in Queensland, Australia
Gonna start considering moving to a house under a satalite dish
I know lag has been a common issue for Australia since the removal of dedicated servers but recently I’ve been experiencing Major rubber banding and teleporting back and forth during all games arena and warzone, Where is the Aussie friendly host :’(
I think this is more of a world wide release issue, I suspect most connect to US servers since I'm in Uk, using 'extended' search's and get these issues frequently, been told on twitter that they claim uk is fine and obviously isn't, I've yet to see a single person who hasn't had these issues regardless of location. Wasn't aware they removed any dedicated servers, last few weeks it doesn't feel like any of the current servers are working but it seemed fine on Wednesday then it broke down again sometimes around Thursday and Friday. Now that I think about it the issues happened roughly around the same time last week, they didn't seem to get better till Tuesday.

Even before the server 'lag' I have noticed plenty of server type of bugs that have been plaguing the game for a while like this recently. I'm starting to wonder if the game itself needs a major patch to fix the amount of bugs I keep finding from crash's to freeze's when trying to search or ending a matchmaking game online.
US East Coast here. While the rubber banding is for the most part resolved for me (apart from some blank shots and melees), the search times have been atrocious. It will take me anywhere from 2-5 minutes to find a match of heroic warzone firefight, which is one of the most populated playlists in the game. There have also been several occasions where the servers will time out and I will be booted from matchmaking for no reason. Prior to the rubber banding incident I was finding matches in the same playlist in 30 seconds or less. Something is definitely up with the servers for me. Hope it gets resolved soon.
in addition to the ongoing "glitchy" lag with the teleports and position resets I have also had a couple of nights now within the past week or so where im ejected from a game with the following:

! ATTENTION
Unable to connect to the halo 5: Guardians Lobby Service.

After about 10 mins or so of everything online (inside the Halo 5 game) being inaccessible it will just start working again, meanwhile all other internet functions in the house and on my console work as normal during this entire period.

This issue happened to me barely 5 minutes ago

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/49432798-bf81-442b-89f3-1390b30e524a/players/massdriverz?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
This is outrageous, I can’t believe I pay for an Xbox membership to have such crappy game play. No shot registration, and it seems like there is extra shot registration on my character. I will be contacting Xbox for a refund and probably selling the console from the stupid experience. That’s the word to describe this, stupid. These opposing players move like a demon on my Xbox and every one seems to be a perfect kill on my character. All the money that halo has made and still cannot seem to match fair fights is pathetic. The only response is yes there is something wrong? Bull -Yoink-.
Yeh getting a bit ridiculous. 2 weeks of this is a bit much. Laggy sometimes then get a 'break' from the poor servers and then it just get's worse again.
Game

I have footage if you want but mainly blank melees, delayed/double nades, delayed or no hit registration, camo lasted about 10 seconds after the dial ran out, etc.
I had two games today that were lagging really bad.
router puts the data centers in Texas.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/ff660561-da8c-4177-99ab-e3cadb9ad326/players/nodash?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13