OP The Muff1n Mon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 68
I fixed this by buying the Zoom modem from best buy that is around 60 bucks. I had my modem in bridge mode, I tried everything. I also had black screens in MCC and never played it, but I wasn't ignoring Halo 5.

If you have this issue, it couldn't hurt to try a new modem. I had the Arris modem/router combo in bridge mode. It seems Motorola/arris modems (combos) are mostly affected by this issue.

I played 6 hours straight last night without a SINGLE bit of lag. I also live in OH, and I primarily see people on here from NY/OH with this issue. My connection speeds are 55/6. I've also seen other people fix this issue on here by buying a new modem at best buy. It sucks, but it may be required unless you go and swap out your modem with a different model at your local TWC office. If you are renting a modem, I suggest you stop renting it and start buying your own to save yourself money and keep it from the greedy ISPs anyways.
I am from NY and I have a Motorola surfboard 6141 in bridged mode. My console is on the DMZ on my router with an open NAT, 35mbps download 6 mbps upload. Im lagging in every single match and getting disconnected in a majority of them. 343 linked this thread from another one just like it saying they are tracking the issue in this one, yet there still is no response or update in this one. Time warner cable says there's nothing they can do on their end. When will this be fixed????
I also have major lag issues, the typical people running into walls and dying or just flat out getting disconnected. Lag spikes usually last anywhere from 10-30 seconds. I have TWC and am from NY, I have 50 down by 5 up. I switched out my old router to a new router thinking that was the issue, I'm portforwarded correctly as well as DMZed, not a single thing has really made any difference. 343 please acknowledge this being an issue, its really starting to feel like you don't even care that we are having these problems. Almost any game company after receiving these complaints would post something like "we realize some of our players are unable to currently play, and we are actively trying to resolve the issue." The fact you haven't truly said anything on your end makes it look like you are trying your best to ignore the whole issue in hopes it just resolves itself, when it isn't. Please fix this problem or I am going to get a refund for my purchase and never buy another product from you again, as I have felt like you @@@@ed us now that you got our money.
343 if you're tracking this thread you should probably respond in it to let people know instead of leaving a link to it in other threads with the same issues. Also making it a sticky or pinning it to the front page would be nice for visibility of others having the same problems.
Anybody with connectivity issues, just quit playing now, you will be banned within a few days for having a bad connection.
I actually found this thread by a link that 343 created in another thread about Time Warner Cable. If you search the forums for Time Warner Cable it is the thread that is locked. So they must be aware of the issue. Hopefully it is resolved soon. I love playing this game when it works for a couple minutes that it does. I cant wait until this is fixed.
50 down 6 up connection here, also have the arris two in one modem. Played decently for a bit at launch but since then I can't even get into an arena match with friends without being almost instantly disconnected. Same problems with co-op too, I'll lag for a solid 30 seconds then be falling off the map. Gg, hoping this gets fixed soon.
I feel like the multiplayer would be a lot more interesting if I could participate with everyone else not suffering from Time Warner. Wireless or Ethernet Cable connection doesn't help anything. Google DNS servers didn't speed things up. Port forwarding showed same results. I've got a bad feeling that Black Ops 3 is going to overshadow this game just because of better connectivity. Please don't let this happen.
Same problem as everyone else. TWC in brockport, NY. 36 up and 6 down. Suffering game breaking lag. Even had TWC come out and hook up a new router, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Xbox customer support has not been helpful with this issue.
Just tried to play again. Did port forwarding. Hooked up a new router. Nothing helps. Still cannot play
Out of curiousity, is everyone else having this problem using a surfboard modem?
Kodiak 003 wrote:
Out of curiousity, is everyone else having this problem using a surfboard modem?
I know Time Warner likes to use them as equipment, but it certainly appears like another common point
OneSmugPug wrote:
Kodiak 003 wrote:
I know Time Warner likes to use them as equipment, but it certainly appears like another common point
I have comcast, but am using a surfboard modem too.
Kodiak 003 wrote:
Yes, is it the surfboard, not TWC, that's causing the problem? I don't lag in any game except Halo 5. Motorola Surfboard that wasn't provided by TWC, we self-installed.
Brodellsky wrote:
Kodiak 003 wrote:
Yes, is it the surfboard, not TWC, that's causing the problem? I don't lag in any game except Halo 5. Motorola Surfboard that wasn't provided by TWC, we self-installed.
Since launch date I have used TWC's Ubee modem, which I took back I then switched over to their Arris TG862 router and still had these issues, so I don't personally think its one modem over others.
I'm experiencing the exact same issue, I get lag spikes and sometimes it gets so bad that it disconnects me from the game. I hope this is resolved soon just for simple convenience.
343 going to acknowledge this or...
I am having this issue still. I purchased a new modem (Netgear CM500) and STILL have the issues even after replacing my Arris/Motorola modem. I do NOT think this is a modem issue... at least not a specific brand of modem issue.
How many of us are on the NXOE as preview members?
Was having these exact same issues everyone is posting. I fixed (or at least lessened it) by port forwarding.

If you do not know how I used this video today and got it done in about 10 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdICggYKIQ

Hope this helps at least some of you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 68