1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 68
I have had issues from day 1. My setup is as follows.

TWC in Portland Maine with Speedtests of 17.5 Down and 1.6 up
-Netgear cmd31t
-Asus RT-N56U

I have tried:
-Port forwarding
-Changing DNS server
-turning upnp off
-changing to IPV6
-Directly through modem
Nothing has worked.

I have tested every other game I own and they are work flawlessly with zero lag. This lag is isolated to Halo 5 which means the true solution to this lies within 343 and Microsoft. TWC/ few other select providers are adding to the problem as well as some peoples routers/modems. TWC and or routers/modems did not "break" anything for Halo 5. They are simply magnifying the problem with sub par services.
I am on NXOE Preview and have this issue. I posted my information a few posts back. How many of the people with issues are on NXOE preview?
343 response in this thread
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/ongoing-multiplayer-issues---no-help/2d588af7-aca5-477e-9c3d-ccb4f0930a3f/posts?page=1#post8
Bump
Albion Maine same issue 36 down 6 up every other game is fine except halo 5
I have had issues from day 1. My setup is as follows.

TWC in Portland Maine with Speedtests of 17.5 Down and 1.6 up
-Netgear cmd31t
-Asus RT-N56U

I have tried:
-Port forwarding
-Changing DNS server
-turning upnp off
-changing to IPV6
-Directly through modem
Nothing has worked.

I have tested every other game I own and they are work flawlessly with zero lag. This lag is isolated to Halo 5 which means the true solution to this lies within 343 and Microsoft. TWC/ few other select providers are adding to the problem as well as some peoples routers/modems. TWC and or routers/modems did not "break" anything for Halo 5. They are simply magnifying the problem with sub par services.
Same area, isp and problem
Ended up experiencing a new issue last night and this morning. The regular lag is still going strong but also during Breakout, we were getting stuck at a black screen for the whole game. We could hear everything going on but could not do anything. When the game was over, it stayed a blackscreen until we tried to back out. I am not sure if this is related to the lag issue we were already experiencing with TWC or if this is something else. Its almost been a week. I wish I could play Halo now!
Whats the point of this guardians support forum if 343 never responds. Especially when you have a big issue like this and there are 50+ posts about the same problem.
I changed DNS and had a couple of non-laggy games and then it went straight back to how it's been with rubber banding and unplayable lag with all other players running into walls.

Specs
Arris SurfBoard 6141
Time Warner Cable 50/5
Not a member of the Microsoft trial program
please help 343 I love H5 when it's playable ;) !
I have the exact same issue I only seem to lag in Halo 5 but its not constant its random and lasts anywhere from 5seconds to 1min. My internet provider is Time Warner cable i have 18 ping 37 download and 6upload. I have looked everywhere and the things i have tried are restarting xbox, internet, game and messed around with port forwarding. If anyone has the same problem please speak up so 343 can do something. I know a lot of people are having the same issue so if someone sees a solution on another forum try any spread the word!
Also experiencing the same issue as well and I am on Time Warner Cable as well. I have been banned once already in matchmaking and I honestly feel like we shouldn't be penalized right now with this much of an ongoing issue occurring. Run a Ping test on your computer and also run about three speed tests in the network settings on the Xbox One. I am having 1% packet loss most of the time on the Xbox One and sometimes up to 6% loss when running a ping test on the computer. I have had TWC replace all of the cable wiring, the modem, I bought a brand new Xbox One, brand new Cat6 Ethernet wire and I purchased a Netgear AC2350 (7500 model) router just a few days ago. The brand new router does fix the NAT issues and allows all of our 3 Xbox One's in the same house to work with OPEN NAT's, so if your having that issue..... They have been here at the house twice already and have yet to identify the issue as to why the high packet loss. I bet that is everyone else's issue as well. You can run a packet test by going to your START menu in Windows, type CMD , once that loads a DOS prompt window type - ping www.facebook.com -n 200 <- The website can be your choice, but has to be a .com and the -n has to be there along with a number as that tells it how many tests to run. Ping issues won't show up in just one or ten tests usually.

Hardare
TWC Internet
Arris TG1672 Modem
Netgear AC2350 (7500 Nighthawk X4 model)
Quote:
ONYX BOSSMAN wrote:
I have had issues from day 1. My setup is as follows.TWC in Portland Maine with Speedtests of 17.5 Down and 1.6 up
-Netgear cmd31t
-Asus RT-N56UI have tried:
-Port forwarding
-Changing DNS server
-turning upnp off
-changing to IPV6
-Directly through modem
Nothing has worked.I have tested every other game I own and they are work flawlessly with zero lag. This lag is isolated to Halo 5 which means the true solution to this lies within 343 and Microsoft. TWC/ few other select providers are adding to the problem as well as some peoples routers/modems. TWC and or routers/modems did not "break" anything for Halo 5. They are simply magnifying the problem with sub par services.
UPDATE: I have noticed a significant decrease in lag when not in an Xbox Party Chat. I tested this on and off for 6 hours straight yesterday. As soon as I would start a party my games would lag consistently through the match and were unplayable. As soon as I exited Xbox Party Chat the connection cleared up and I was almost lag free through every game.
Bump
I have time Warner as well. I have the ultimate plan. I get 300/50. And I have been experiencing some lag as well. Enemies will skip behind me. Etc. It only happens once in a blue moon. But I had SERIOUS lag issues on halo 3 MCC. My neighbor has TWC 30/5 plan and he says it's absolutely unplayable. Are there any time frames of when this issue will be resolved?
Thank goodnness I thought I was the only one with this problem same with the TWC 60down/6up all other games are fine but when I play H5G it just well dosent play. It has it moments of playability but it's interrupted occasionally with a running Spartans into walls in 30 seconds later clipping back to me getting killed. It looks like it could be a really fun game just want to be able to play it. Hope to hear from you soon 343
Here is a possible temporary fix for arena that I've tried. Don't be in an Xbox live party and appear offline. I am doing these 2 things and I have successfully completed 2 arena games with no problem. Warzone might give you a problem still because it is a larger game type. Until they release an update I am probably going to stick to this. Please try it out and let me know if it works for you!
Here is a possible temporary fix for arena that I've tried. Don't be in an Xbox live party and appear offline. I am doing these 2 things and I have successfully completed 2 arena games with no problem. Warzone might give you a problem still because it is a larger game type. Until they release an update I am probably going to stick to this. Please try it out and let me know if it works for you!
@Cobra vG are you still having success with this method of appearing offline and no party chat?? I will give it a try later tonight, thank you for sharing your update. I found that playing directly from my modem to my xbox helps a bit too but doesn't fully resolve the issue by any means.

Specs
Arris SurfBoard 6141
Time Warner Cable 50/5
Not a member of the microsoft preview program
Attempts to fix
changed DNS to recommended google servers from 343
directly playing from modem, no router.
please help 343, still no permanent fix
Just to weigh in here,

I'm in Scotland UK with 40 down 10 up Fibre Optic, 168ms ping to seattle but not sure about the dedicated servers. I play ever day for 3/4 hours at a time.

Iv'e had no lag, i mean at all, it's perfect. So if someone like me can play lag free it would seem that it's an ISP issue.
Having issues with lag where people are running into walls. It started on halo mcc and i fixed it by resetimg xbox to factory setting and then a few days after halo 5 it came back. Iv went thru time warner cable and xbox costomer support for hours on end doing every troubleshooting step available. Iv tried multiple gateways also. Last night i reset my xbox to factory default and im going to buy a modem instead of a gateway today to see if that helps with the issue. I live in kentucky and i have 50 down and 5 up. I cant find a connection between the 1st time this started and now or why it got fixed for 3 weeks by factory resetting my xbox. But ill try it again tonight and see if i have any luck. Please someone let us know whats going on and give up some clarity. If my game works today after replacing gateway with a zoom modem and factory reseting my xbox i will post to this thread. It will be around 8 to 10 hours from now.
Chiming in from Dubai. Not TWC but all the descriptions in the forum are exactly what myself and friends are experiencing. 22Mbps down and 5Mbps up and getting serious lag. Packet loss is off the charts at 93% but I play BF hardline or any other game and it works perfectly. Only Halo 5 lagging exactly as you TWC users. Frustrating as hell. Have tried all sorts - direct connection to router, open all ports, recommended gateway settings, flash reset, unplugging router etc. Nothing helps. But annoyingly it's only H5 that lags...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 68