Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Halo 5 seems not launching

OP phenomenalGR

Good evening all. I just finished downloading halo 5 but it wont launch. I checked some other topics but didnt find them usefull. If i am in wrong section or shouldnt make a post here plz delete or move to the right section.

Best regards
PhenomenalGR
if you are on oneX your game must be downloading the 4K patch
Yes i am on oneX but it doesnt show me that it downloads
i got the same problem.
Is yours 99 gb downloaded
nope 97gb
Probably going for the refund. Mine is 99gb.
Any monitor to answer here and give me a hint pl0x?
When you say it doesn't launch, does it do anything at all like throw up an error? Or show a splash screen and then quit out? A little more info would be useful to try and work through this, but there are some things you can try:

Hard reset your Xbox by closing all apps and games, then holding in the power button until the Xbox turns off. Unplug the power cable, wait 30 secs and then power everything back on again and try launching the game.

If that fails, try clearing the games saved data:
  1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the Halo 5, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Manage game.
  4. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
  5. Select Delete from console to remove the local save of this game.
  6. Restart your Xbox and try launching the game.
If that also fails you could try reinstalling the game. You could maybe see if any other games or apps are unable to launch, I would probably reach out to Xbox Live Support for further help though.
Good morning from central greece. The thing goes skraaaa!! (kidding) well i installed it 99gb And when i tried to launch it for the first time it Just show me the screen with blue team And osiris team And then back to desktop as i call it.
Thanks for replying.

Greetings PhenomenalGR
Mines doing the same thing
stckrboy wrote:
When you say it doesn't launch, does it do anything at all like throw up an error? Or show a splash screen and then quit out? A little more info would be useful to try and work through this, but there are some things you can try:

Hard reset your Xbox by closing all apps and games, then holding in the power button until the Xbox turns off. Unplug the power cable, wait 30 secs and then power everything back on again and try launching the game.

If that fails, try clearing the games saved data:
  1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the Halo 5, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Manage game.
  4. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
  5. Select Delete from console to remove the local save of this game.
  6. Restart your Xbox and try launching the game.
If that also fails you could try reinstalling the game. You could maybe see if any other games or apps are unable to launch, I would probably reach out to Xbox Live Support for further help though.
Tried this and still isn't launching. Hasn't been a issue for other games either
Well is better for to uninstall it and reinstall to see if it happens again!