Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

I Beat Halo 5 on Legendary but nothing unlocked

OP SnifySniper05

So I beaten Halo 5 on legendary this morning and No achivements unlocked. I even replayed the final mission. Help!
So I beaten Halo 5 on legendary this morning and No achivements unlocked. I even replayed the final mission. Help!
Have you tried hard resetting your console? Here is a similar thread to yours where that was the solution.
JB Linken wrote:
Have you tried hard resetting your console? Here is a similar thread to yours where that was the solution.
Not yet, I will try it out though,
JB Linken wrote:
Not yet, I will try it out though,
Okay great. Please report back if it works. :)
Your service record shows you’ve completed 15/15 levels on solo Legendary. However, the achievement tracker for Legendary completion shows you’re at 86%. That means the game still thinks you’re missing 2 levels. You should be able to get everything to unlock by doing a hard reset as suggested above. I think it’s a case of your Xbox data and Waypoint not being totally synced up yet.
tuhin94 wrote:
Your service record shows you’ve completed 15/15 levels on solo Legendary. However, the achievement tracker for Legendary completion shows you’re at 86%. That means the game still thinks you’re missing 2 levels. You should be able to get everything to unlock by doing a hard reset as suggested above. I think it’s a case of your Xbox data and Waypoint not being totally synced up yet.
Are achievements and Halo Waypoint tied together? I wouldn't think so.. but I suppose Halo games are the only ones I've heard about or encountered errors with achievements unlocking, unfortunately.

That isn't to say it doesn't happen with other games, but I don't have my ear to the ground for them so I'm not sure.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Are achievements and Halo Waypoint tied together? I wouldn't think so.. but I suppose Halo games are the only ones I've heard about or encountered errors with achievements unlocking, unfortunately.

That isn't to say it doesn't happen with other games, but I don't have my ear to the ground for them so I'm not sure.
I know at least a few are tied to Waypoint for MCC and I think Halo 5 as well. Also, some rewards for Halo 4 were tied to Waypoint so you had to be connected to Live in order to get them, but that’s not entirely related. Halo Wars 2 is a total mess on the achievement and Waypoint front haha. Still waiting for them to sort that game out properly.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I know at least a few are tied to Waypoint for MCC and I think Halo 5 as well. Also, some rewards for Halo 4 were tied to Waypoint so you had to be connected to Live in order to get them, but that’s not entirely related. Halo Wars 2 is a total mess on the achievement and Waypoint front haha. Still waiting for them to sort that game out properly.
Oh that's a good point about Halo 4, I know you couldn't unlock the Mark VI armor in multiplayer unless you were connected to Xbox Live when beating the game on Legendary. (I do wonder if there is a way to get it after you unlock the achievement offline? Just connect to Xbox Live or beat the last mission on Legendary again?)

And I haven't begun my Halo Wars 2 journey yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that. Lol
tuhin94 wrote:
O. I will try it out tomorrow