Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Irresponsive controller

OP V4L4KH

HI, I've experiencing some issues while playing Halo 5, sometimes the controller stop responding, I don't use batteries, is wired to the console, I've tried different controls and the issue is the same, every once in a while it stop responding buttons, bumpers and triggers, just the sticks respond so I'm forced to unplug the controller and plug again for it to work normal, this is the only game where it happens, the problem fortunately is way more frequent in the campaign than multiplayer . My console is in the insider program, dunno if that helps.
V4L4KH wrote:
HI, I've experiencing some issues while playing Halo 5, sometimes the controller stop responding, I don't use batteries, is wired to the console, I've tried different controls and the issue is the same, every once in a while it stop responding buttons, bumpers and triggers, just the sticks respond so I'm forced to unplug the controller and plug again for it to work normal, this is the only game where it happens, the problem fortunately is way more frequent in the campaign than multiplayer . My console is in the insider program, dunno if that helps.
I already had this problem, and I corrected it with a factory restore of the xbox one
Can't say i have ever experienced this. Do you get a disconnected controller message? I am wired, and recently switched to a new cable because the old cable was causing disconnects. Have you tried playing unwired?
Noup, no error, nothing, nada, I tried 5 different cables and the error happened at least twice past week, haven't tried with just the battery pack. the strange thing is that when that happens for example i can move any direction, look any direction but no run, no smart link for the sticks and the other buttons just gone, this happened again just yesterday when trying to do the achievement where you are required to make hunters fall from a platform. I think I'll try the suggestion of factory reset as a last resort, I'll try first a reinstall of the game.